Franco Gone

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Franco Gone

Post by rocky »

Franco held our pack together for at least a season and a half and managed to deliver the best line out stats in the Pro-12.
He is now in decline and, given that the best he would have got from Ulster would have been one more year, he is right to be leaving.
He certainly isn't a Johann Muller but he did a job for us when we were in need and deserved our thanks.
Bo***cks to Brexit
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

My lasting memory of Franco will be driving home from Galway on Boxing Day 2015 after we'd just beaten Connacht. Pulled up at an Applegreen's to refuel and lo and behold who pulled up beside me but Franco and his family who were over on a visit. Had a long delightful chat with the man himself and his father who was a very energetic and happy man. Was an unexpected meeting but one I will remember for a long time.

Enjoy your time in Cardiff Franco :salut:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Decent solid player, if the rest of the forwards were as dependable then we would have a far better side, he just went about his graft and nothing flash just reliable
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Good luck to him, never gave less than his full for us.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Best of luck to the big man ... he deserves our thanks for a job well done ... never flash but always dependable :red:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

100%- good solid honest aquisition who bought into Ulster. Maligned unfairly here I think. More or less indestructible when we needed him, and a gutsy grafter who put a bit of steel into the pack when others went MIA. Bit off the pace this season, but I don't think we can complain. Very affable and funny guy as well.
Wish him well, and fair play for getting an extended contract. Its his livelihood after all. :salut:
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I've never met the big man in person but I know a few folk who know him and they agree with pretty much all that has been said here. A thoroughly nice guy who could become a steely operator in the white shirt. A couple of Francos in the second row would have done me.. We need the big solid guys to provide the stable foundation from which we can 'cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war'... if only we had a few dogs to let loose. :roll:

Thanks for everything, Franco.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:As a second row he was sound but lacked the charisma and ability to inspire others which was Mullers greatest input to the Ulster forwards.

But it was written on the wall with the signing of Botha best of luck him
Just a tad harsh Rumn. Franco doesn't lack charisma, he's a very personable chap, but you are falling into the trap of comparing him to one of the greatest leaders of men I have ever seen.
Fit????
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right