Loose head Props

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

SparkyClarky
Warrior

Loose head Props

Post by SparkyClarky »

I thought it deserved its own thread and would be interested to hear everyone's preferences and suggestions.

I'm going with an unknown project and O'Connell.

Paddy McAlister, (Take him in a heartbeat) don't thinks it him.
I always liked Big Paddy and he always carried well in the loose. I remember the first time Clermont came to Ravenhill Nov 2011 (16-11) the Clermont fans I met made very favourable comments on his talent as a youngster and what he could develope into.
Signed a contract extension on 14/7/16 for Britol so alas don't think it's him.

I think with Ulster not standing by Big Paddy after the serious knee injury he may not want to come home, however considering he went to join Hump and not take the hump who knows.

Total aside, the big bollicks was outside the RDS with Andrew, L Marshall at the 2013 Final. He had a battery razor and was offering a cut of his beard and a snip back of you hair, he put a large tramline up the back of some brunette's hair. Well at least we're smiling on the way in. Lol

Jack O'Connell, (Leinster, Bristol Rugby) May be him.
6'2" 114kg, 27yrs,46 appearances for Bristol,3 tries and (no cards.)
Only seen a couple of Championship cards so don't have much more to say, however with Dan T away to Bristol I have been awaiting news of what buy out money we got.
Now despite O'Connell has also a contract in place has a we two way deal been done?

Project Loosehead????

I think we may see two new lads in and might not be any of the above but hey ho!
With Herbst, Kane, Rodder's and Simpson in That order at TH
Project, O'Connell, McCall, Warwick.

For the record I know nothing (Big surprise there!)

Who else IQ out there you know of would take a punt on?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: Loose head Props

Post by Eggs »

SparkyClarky wrote:
I always liked Big Paddy and he always carried well in the loose. I remember the first time Clermont came to Ravenhill Nov 2011 (16-11) the Clermont fans I met made very favourable comments on his talent as a youngster and what he could develope into.

I think with Ulster not standing by Big Paddy after the serious knee injury he may not want to come home, however considering he went to join Hump and not take the hump who knows.
I think that is probably a little unfair. Ulster actually did stick by him for a couple years, and I think that a the time he left to get regular rugby, and the feeling was that it was the best thing for him and he was wished well (probably with an expectation he would come back). It was then once he was match fit that Humph snapped him up.

Lived and breathed Ulster whilst he was here would love to have him back but cant see it.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Peter Dooley or Andrew Porter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

kingofthehill wrote:Peter Dooley or Andrew Porter.

Ohhhhhh Porter would be fantastic are you confident?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

SparkyClarky wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Peter Dooley or Andrew Porter.

Ohhhhhh Porter would be fantastic are you confident?
The lad is a behemoth of a young fella. If ever there was a package of natural ability looking to be honed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Porter won't be going anywhere. Furlong will be busy with Ireland a fair bit. He has Mike Ross and Bent to content with after that. Rumoured to have turned down Munster already. Our tight head options are relatively not bad. If we are in the hunt for an overseas loosehead I'd be surprised if Dooley came up. Feck, I'd be surprised if the Leinster tea lady came up here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:Porter won't be going anywhere. Furlong will be busy with Ireland a fair bit. He has Mike Ross and Bent to content with after that. Rumoured to have turned down Munster already. Our tight head options are relatively not bad. If we are in the hunt for an overseas loosehead I'd be surprised if Dooley came up. Feck, I'd be surprised if the Leinster tea lady came up here.
Porter is a loosie I think. I'd be shocked if any of them came north.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:Porter won't be going anywhere. Furlong will be busy with Ireland a fair bit. He has Mike Ross and Bent to content with after that. Rumoured to have turned down Munster already. Our tight head options are relatively not bad. If we are in the hunt for an overseas loosehead I'd be surprised if Dooley came up. Feck, I'd be surprised if the Leinster tea lady came up here.
Porter is a loosie I think. I'd be shocked if any of them came north.
OK scratch that.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Eggs wrote:
SparkyClarky wrote:

I think that is probably a little unfair. Ulster actually did stick by him for a couple years, and I think that a the time he left to get regular rugby, and the feeling was that it was the best thing for him and he was wished well (probably with an expectation he would come back). It was then once he was match fit that Humph snapped him up.

Lived and breathed Ulster whilst he was here would love to have him back but cant see it.
Ulster stuck by him as long as his contract lasted, he then was not offered one even on a pay as you play basis and Buzz then gave him a contract to get fit over in France, that is the fact of how Paddy was handled here.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Eggs wrote:
SparkyClarky wrote:

Ulster stuck by him as long as his contract lasted, he then was not offered one even on a pay as you play basis and Buzz then gave him a contract to get fit over in France, that is the fact of how Paddy was handled here.
Not withstanding that, I think he would come back if he was made a reasonable offer.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kind of ridiculous considering the trash we have bought over the years who arrived injured and we rehabbed them. Was that Humph though?
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

i'd love Paddy Mac back here. buckets of character and he's improved at Glaws.

would be stunned if Porter moves up here. hoping Cooney's choice proves a good one and one or two others get a sense of what Ulster can offer...doubt it'll make a difference to Leinster lads but we can but hope.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Paddy has learned his trade in France and Glaws.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Paddy Mac and Andrew Porter will not be at Ulster. Dooley would be very good and I wouldn't be that surprised if he came up North.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Kind of ridiculous considering the trash we have bought over the years who arrived injured and we rehabbed them. Was that Humph though?
Yip Humph was to blame, he also didn't bother his ar$e finishing signing other players contracts and it was Bryn who sorted the mess out after Humphs did a huff and run.
Paddy would have stayed for very low money for a season and to be honest I was surprised when he went to Glaws.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best