Ulster versus Bordeaux

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster versus Bordeaux

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Who's playing prop? Do we have 8 fit for the weekend?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We only need 7, 4 at Ravenspan and 3 in Jersey
We dont have 7

Then send 3 to Jersey and put an injured one on bench at Ravenspan
Maybe the AIL can help us. Or does the IRFU need to get involved?

EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

justinr73 wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:Who's playing prop? Do we have 8 fit for the weekend?

Jonathan Bradley ‏@JBradleyBT 7 minutes ago

Ulster coach Niall Malone says Saturday's game with Bordeaux is too important to think about a weakened team. Kane out but Lutton ready.
What?! :lol:

It's the definition of a nothing game.
Are there really nothing games in professional sport when you’ve lost 8 out of 12?

Yes obviously its important to get back to winning form , but to say this game is too important to consider a weak team yet last year away to Oyannax was apparently the time to play a weak team hahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Beat me to it Justin. I know many comments have a hint of the comedic about them but Ulster absolutely need to put a performance in on Saturday. 2 week break thereafter and then a run of games that just have to be won. Time to get the finger out and get something clicking asap.

In any event, personally I haven't that many games at Spanners in my future so feck yis all, I'll be there.
Young Bag, it's a nothing game. Is it worth going hell-for-leather and coming out of it with injuries? Crouchy thinks not, but despite what you may be led to believe crouchy is not always correct and is not an all-seeing overlord of information and free thought.

Try and win the game for sure, but this talk coming from the coaching setup is starting to grate against my bell-end. The important games were the previous 5 games in this competition, did they not give a fiddlers nanny about those ones or something?

We're almost back to this "the lads are really hurting and want to show it".

Hope we win but not bought into this uber-importance just yet.
Crouchie you'll not find me talking of it as any more important than any other game, however, as well you know, the season is on the edge ready to tip over into a very unappealing abyss, a long way down and full of jeggy racks.

However we are about to hit a run of seven games that we need to win, bang bang bang, one after another, all winnable and just might get something going that if Marcell makes and impact and a few others still missing like Olding, O'Connor, even that fella Cave who seemingly can't get a look in, Gilroy, Tommy? ................

Coming up: Embra (h) Weegies (h) Zebre (a) Treviso (h) Zebre (h) Dragons (a) Cardiff (h)

After that it gets tough, but that is a run with Weegies decimated during the 6Ns that should yield a bucket of points ....... always assuming we can get the bloody game together & that Crouchie is why we need to be good on Saturday, play with a bit of freedom & get confidence, the points don't matter bt I expect us to be second in the group at the end of it. So Saturday, by Christ it's important.

Crouchie, I am unlikely to be around this gaff in September so I'm doing a Jon Bon Jovi crossed with a James Bay & a definite Tom Petty, I'm livin' on a prayer, trying to hold back the river & Crouchie, I'm fu@ked if I'll back down.

I'm hoping they have they wit to pick the man who scored three tries against Tigers this weekend two years back, the current favourites are just not getting it right, we aren't scoring enough tries.

Here is a bit of what we are missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_KVPMxlc0

By the way, I wish some of you would shut the fu@k up about players not caring, I'd offer you a penny of yours to a pound of mine that after you've had yer wee bitch and got over it, they find defeat a hell of a lot more than any chube in stand or terrace.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Beat me to it Justin. I know many comments have a hint of the comedic about them but Ulster absolutely need to put a performance in on Saturday. 2 week break thereafter and then a run of games that just have to be won. Time to get the finger out and get something clicking asap.

In any event, personally I haven't that many games at Spanners in my future so feck yis all, I'll be there.
Young Bag, it's a nothing game. Is it worth going hell-for-leather and coming out of it with injuries? Crouchy thinks not, but despite what you may be led to believe crouchy is not always correct and is not an all-seeing overlord of information and free thought.

Try and win the game for sure, but this talk coming from the coaching setup is starting to grate against my bell-end. The important games were the previous 5 games in this competition, did they not give a fiddlers nanny about those ones or something?

We're almost back to this "the lads are really hurting and want to show it".

Hope we win but not bought into this uber-importance just yet.
Crouchie you'll not find me talking of it as any more important than any other game, however, as well you know, the season is on the edge ready to tip over into a very unappealing abyss, a long way down and full of jeggy racks.

However we are about to hit a run of seven games that we need to win, bang bang bang, one after another, all winnable and just might get something going that if Marcell makes and impact and a few others still missing like Olding, O'Connor, even that fella Cave who seemingly can't get a look in, Gilroy, Tommy? ................

Coming up: Embra (h) Weegies (h) Zebre (a) Treviso (h) Zebre (h) Dragons (a) Cardiff (h)

After that it gets tough, but that is a run with Weegies decimated during the 6Ns that should yield a bucket of points ....... always assuming we can get the bloody game together & that Crouchie is why we need to be good on Saturday, play with a bit of freedom & get confidence, the points don't matter bt I expect us to be second in the group at the end of it. So Saturday, by Christ it's important.

Crouchie, I am unlikely to be around this gaff in September so I'm doing a Jon Bon Jovi crossed with a James Bay & a definite Tom Petty, I'm livin' on a prayer, trying to hold back the river & Crouchie, I'm fu@ked if I'll back down.

I'm hoping they have they wit to pick the man who scored three tries against Tigers this weekend two years back, the current favourites are just not getting it right, we aren't scoring enough tries.

Here is a bit of what we are missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_KVPMxlc0

By the way, I wish some of you would shut the fu@k up about players not caring, I'd offer you a penny of yours to a pound of mine that after you've had yer wee bitch and got over it, they find defeat a hell of a lot more than any chube in stand or terrace.
Where ye going baggy?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Kiss Henderson malone Jackson piatau have all been interviewed this week re the bad run and them stating they need to turn things around. They are cranking the pressure up themselves. They need to put a serious performance in. You cant look to switch onto a winning run/culture while indifferent to losing a home game that fans have paid to see.
Bordeaux mugged us off at theirs, it's time to even the score. That might just lift the confidence for another score settling game with embra, then hopefully wrack the points in with the IT sides getting us into a decent position re next yr euro qualification.
I'd never want us to be a club that would be indifferent to a home loss, totally sends out the wrong signals. We turned Clermont over, the boys just need to give the fans something to get behind, and we'll see how much Bordeaux fancy it.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

When talking about "indifference" I'm referring to selecting a weakened teAms etc.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

There are 4 tiers of clubs in the Euro groups.
Tier 1 teams can beat all-comers.
Tier 2 teams win well at home and put up a great fight away.
Tier 3 sides scrape exciting wins at home but look lost away.
Tier 4 = Zebre and their ilk.

Over the last few years we've steadily regressed from 1 to 3.

I don't buy the players hurt more stuff. They may have professional pride but for most of them this is a job and they'd be away tomorrow if the offer was good enough. It's maybe a different kind of hurt. But it also makes Ruan such an unusual specimen.

As an aside is Adam Ashley -Cooper injured or likely to travel? Wouldn't mind seeing the guy get a run out at Ravers.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:Where ye going baggy?
Either dead or in Southern Spain Crouchie .............. I have a preference but I'm not saying just yet. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Either dead or in Southern Spain Crouchie .............. I have a preference but I'm not saying just yet. >EW
I don't think we've ever met Baggy unless that was you I was drinking with in Montpellier when Cowboy was still coach? You'll be sorely missed amigo especially your truthful and entertaining points of view.

Buena suerte.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Some might say Dead and Southern Spain are similar, but that would be silly.

Our lack of Pack may again be our undoing, but I'm still looking forward to a good Ulster Fry, followed by plenty of Ulster Tries.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If they start Mads, they are treating this competition with contempt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Dave wrote:If they start Mads, they are treating this competition with contempt.
The return of Shinner Boots to Ravenspan :-D :lol:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I lost interest in taking the pash out of Shinner Boots when he circumcised the Quiff ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
You moving to Benidorm Baggy?

NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »