World class

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

World class

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Any sign of it?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World class

Post by Russ »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Any sign of it?
He's currently being interviewed on BT Sport whilst preparing for a week of house hunting in England

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Russ wrote:
He's currently being interviewed on BT Sport whilst preparing for a week of house hunting in England

More likely than not. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
Russ wrote:

More likely than not. :D
It's the only safe way of British citizenship, it probably won't be passed in time for a move to the land of frogs
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Is it citizenship or leave to remain? I've a friend who's wife is from the USA. She told me it would be 10yrs for her.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:Is it citizenship or leave to remain? I've a friend who's wife is from the USA. She told me it would be 10yrs for her.
Ruans is citizenship
There are different ways to become a British citizen. The most common is called ‘naturalisation’.

You can apply for British citizenship by naturalisation if:

you’re 18 or over
you’re of good character, for example, you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record, and you haven’t tried to deceive the Home Office or been involved in immigration offences in the last 10 years
you’ll continue to live in the UK
you’ve met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you meet the residency requirement

And you must usually have:

lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your application
spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
had settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK for the last 12 months if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
had permanent residence status for the last 12 months if you’re a citizen of an EEA country - you need to provide a permanent residence document
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK

There are different requirements if your spouse or civil partner is a British citizen.

You can’t include any time spent in the UK when you’re exempt from immigration control (for example, as a diplomat or member of visiting armed forces) as part of the 5 years.

Read the full guidance notes and the requirements booklet before applying.

You may be able to apply to become a British citizen by ‘registration’ in certain circumstances.

There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
Children under 18

You can apply on behalf of a child under 18 if they meet the eligibility criteria. They don’t have to pass the Life in the UK Test.
You can apply to settle in the UK if you’ve been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years (known as ‘long residence’).

Settling (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions.

You must meet all the eligibility requirements.

There has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.
Exceptions

You may be able to extend your stay for another 2 years (known as ‘leave to remain’) even if you don’t meet all the eligibility requirements.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

There was a world class player on the wing yesterday.

Of course thanks to the failures of the rest of the team over the season, we may well be close to losing him. From the look on his face I would expect him to use his get out clause in a flash given the chance, and who could blame him.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

But now we are totally focused on the Rabo just watch our winning run to the top 4?
Lol but nothing would surprise me!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Eggs wrote:There was a world class player on the wing yesterday.

Of course thanks to the failures of the rest of the team over the season, we may well be close to losing him. I would expect him to use his get out clauseFrom the look on his face in a flash given the chance, and who could blame him.
Supposedly, only Charlie and UR know for definite...I would be annoyed if such clause was true.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.