Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

lw7
Novice

Re: Arno Botha

Post by lw7 »

This Saturday morning 06.35 SS3 Auckland v Bulls.
Arno not listed in the match 23 & I'm unsure if He is in the Bulls 3 game travelling party to NZ and Japan.
Marais starting with Liebenberg, De Jager & Steenkamp. Kirsten to finish.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think he did travel and supposedly he's not injured. Sounds like he isn't up to it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

He has heard about the curse
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We forgot to include him in our Coombaya session. Our bad, sometimes hippies forget stuff.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tighter End wrote:We forgot to include him in our Coombaya session. Our bad, sometimes hippies forget stuff.
New candles are needed. Fleg's four candles got eviscerated. Sorry.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Arnold was their captain last season, but this time big Adrienne Mozart has been anointed. Maybe they are freezing Arnold out as a turncoat mofo, or perhaps they are keeping him for the Currie Cup in the hope he'll get injured just before he comes here.

Then agIn, wattyeyeno? >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Arnold was their captain last season, but this time big Adrienne Mozart has been anointed. Maybe they are freezing Arnold out as a turncoat mofo, or perhaps they are keeping him for the Currie Cup in the hope he'll get injured just before he comes here.

Then agIn, wattyeyeno? >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe he is just Shyte this year....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

For the sake of clarity Adrienne was appointed Bulls Super captain in 2016 and started 14 of their 15 outings (all presumably as Captain). Arnie Captained the Bulls later domestic CC Blues Team last year.

What we do know is that Arnie (unlike the vaunted Dave Murphy) is a proper finely tuned athlete.
And he has lovely flowing golden locks.

However his best playing days were probably as an underage player and He's like a two year old Bull that's been squeezed rather than a powerful mature Bull as a tight ball carrier in top tier rugby.
But they are personal views and not for public consumption... >EW
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

lw7 wrote:For the sake of clarity Adrienne was appointed Bulls Super captain in 2016 and started 14 of their 15 outings (all presumably as Captain). Arnie Captained the Bulls later domestic CC Blues Team last year.

What we do know is that Arnie (unlike the vaunted Dave Murphy) is a proper finely tuned athlete.

However his best playing days were probably as an underage player and He's like a two year old Bull that's been squeezed rather than a powerful mature Bull as a tight ball carrier in top tier rugby.
How many serious knee injuries?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
lw7 wrote:For the sake of clarity Adrienne was appointed Bulls Super captain in 2016 and started 14 of their 15 outings (all presumably as Captain). Arnie Captained the Bulls later domestic CC Blues Team last year.

How many serious knee injuries?
His left one has had 2 ACL injuries and a cartilage tear right one seems ok so far !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

The Bulls were seriously disjointed against the Blues. One man runners driven back, zero offloading, turnovers & penalties conceded, but still in the game at half time. Fatigued in the second half, missed tackles, 5 tries down in the second half.

Van Zyl had a poor game. Pollard struggled and created little apart from one 60 yard touch find.
At 52 minutes they managed to steal a clean lineout at their own 5 metre line, only to be driven back and then attempt a pod play from inside their own goal line! Conceded a 5M scrum (instead of a 9/10 clearance). Unbelievable.
Liebenberg moved like an old horse after his muscle injury early in the second half.
Steenkamp and Lood De Jager were the only forwards that showed up.

Arno was spotted sitting beside the subs in his training gear.
Liebenberg may miss the Chiefs game and Potgieter could return.
If I was Arno I'd happily miss the start (and probably all) of the Chiefs game :shock:
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

lw7 wrote:The Bulls were seriously disjointed against the Blues. One man runners driven back, zero offloading, turnovers & penalties conceded, but still in the game at half time. Fatigued in the second half, missed tackles, 5 tries down in the second half.

Van Zyl had a poor game. Pollard struggled and created little apart from one 60 yard touch find.
At 52 minutes they managed to steal a clean lineout at their own 5 metre line, only to be driven back and then attempt a pod play from inside their own goal line! Conceded a 5M scrum (instead of a 9/10 clearance). Unbelievable.
Liebenberg moved like an old horse after his muscle injury early in the second half.
Steenkamp and Lood De Jager were the only forwards that showed up.

Arno was spotted sitting beside the subs in his training gear.
Liebenberg may miss the Chiefs game and Potgieter could return.
If I was Arno I'd happily miss the start (and probably all) of the Chiefs game :shock:
Arno is starting at 8 against the Chiefs this weekend, could be a long day for him.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Left or right knee?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good opportunity to see what he can do. Chiefs would be a mid table pro 12 side.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk