Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Arno Botha

Post by Tender »

Ah sure comeonahead there Baggy, sure Ruan is one of them born twice babies and he's in the all time top five Alster players. If it meant being 'The Best in The World' (thanks Logie) I wouldn't care if they were all members of Opus Dei. Although spiked chains around the thighs may not conform to these strict new tackle laws.

I've only been here this season and that's the first scrap I've read which didn't involve Baggy and Snipe.
I'm staying clear, I'll hide under the stairs, like when Daddy hit Mummy
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am warming to him.. He apparently refused to speak in English during interviews preferring his Affrikaan tongue... He might fit in here well.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Is he related to Pik? It does sound like he's gonna fit right in. Now all we have to do is convince Nuciwank McNuciwankface. Nailed on...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So we go to niciwank and say "we've asked every mexican backrower with a pulse to come join us and they all said feck aff. We are dumping our saffa second row to put hendo there for joe so give us a break will ya"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

What doesn't read well for me is out for much of 2013 with a serious knee injury then in his first match back the same serious knee injury keeping him out much of 2014 and then in 2015 another knee tear keeping him out for a while longer.... now we have Boks holding back all our Irish talent in the back row otherwise he is what we need...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:What doesn't read well for me is out for much of 2013 with a serious knee injury then in his first match back the same serious knee injury keeping him out much of 2014 and then in 2015 another knee tear keeping him out for a while longer.... now we have Boks holding back all our Irish talent in the back row otherwise he is what we need...
It's a worry no doubt Cockers.
Unlike some, I have a little faith that Bryn will have done his due diligence on this one. I would also find it highly unusual and a little worrying if a leak like this was made without at least tacit approval from Nucifuhrer.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:What doesn't read well for me is out for much of 2013 with a serious knee injury then in his first match back the same serious knee injury keeping him out much of 2014 and then in 2015 another knee tear keeping him out for a while longer.... now we have Boks holding back all our Irish talent in the back row otherwise he is what we need...
Unlike some, I have a little faith that Bryn will have done his due diligence on this one. I would also find it highly unusual and a little worrying if a leak like this was made without at least tacit approval from Nucifuhrer.
Wouldn't be the first time the Indo got the entire story wrong either though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I thought the Newsletter was running with it too, but they aren't. It could be a load of hooey.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I thought the Newsletter was running with it too, but they aren't. It could be a load of hooey.
Bel Tel running with it so it must be true...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Bel Tel running with it so it must be true...
Bel Tel is a sidekick of Indo :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Exactly, remember last year the hacks informed us we'd signed Ryan Kankowski :lol:
Maybe this is a smokescreen for another world class player.

One try in 46 Super appearances for Bulls.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:https://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... tart=12465

Mentioned here love two hours ago, but no you go ahead a create a new thread, bless you.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/u ... 19957.html

Just read this in The Indo as well Gerry, was going to start a thread...... okay with you?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

My gut is saying that BelTel and Indo have taken a stab in the dark like the Kankowski story last year. If anything it might get the ball rolling by mentioning the coaching staff changing.

Why would Ulster sign an NIQ backrow who has had 2 knee operations before 25. It would make more sense to sign a Project backrow along with an NIQ prop and NIQ second row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote:My gut is saying that BelTel and Indo have taken a stab in the dark like the Kankowski story last year. If anything it might get the ball rolling by mentioning the coaching staff changing.

Correct! If any from the Bulls Hanro Liebenberg would make much more sense than Botha.

Dozen Super Rugby caps @ 20
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

kingofthehill wrote:My gut is saying that BelTel and Indo have taken a stab in the dark like the Kankowski story last year. If anything it might get the ball rolling by mentioning the coaching staff changing.

Why would Ulster sign an NIQ backrow who has had 2 knee operations before 25. It would make more sense to sign a Project backrow along with an NIQ prop and NIQ second row.

Rumour is the provinces are only allowed 3 NIQs for next year