Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Arno Botha

Post by mikerob »

The designated second team thing is a mess. The Ireland Wolfhounds are Ireland's designated second team but they haven't played a game for 2 years and I don't think there are any fixtures scheduled for this season either.

Anyone know if World Rugby requires countries to a) nominate a designated second team b) require the second team to actually play games?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Well, I hope this story is true. All of it. It would brighten up my week.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hopefully this at least is an indication that we are in the market for a ball carrying 6/8. Shirley though, UR would need to know before they start contacting players/agents whether the irfu will sanction it?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:Hopefully this at least is an indication that we are in the market for a ball carrying 6/8. Shirley though, UR would need to know before they start contacting players/agents whether the irfu will sanction it?
You would imagine so, but who knows what goes through Davy Nuciwankbags head.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I would assume that they have general approval to go looking but would have to get the chosen player approved before signing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I hope they have learned from the Stephen Moore scenario. I know Nazifurher claims he didn't block it. I don't believe that.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mikerob wrote:The designated second team thing is a mess. The Ireland Wolfhounds are Ireland's designated second team but they haven't played a game for 2 years and I don't think there are any fixtures scheduled for this season either.

Anyone know if World Rugby requires countries to a) nominate a designated second team b) require the second team to actually play games?
I believe they expect (not sure if that is 'insist') on Tier 1 and 2 unions to have a nominated 'Men'sNext Senior National Representative Team'.

Doesn't apply to Tier 3 and Women's teams.

As for playing matches, there doesn't seem to be any formal requirement, however I suspect if, for example the Junior All Blacks were to have significantly less fixtures than the Maori, then questions would be asked.

I can't see them insisting on an age-grade side being nominated just because there is a lack of 'A' fixtures.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I have to say I am fairly shocked by the apparent fatalism and lack of interest on your Forum in Ulster's European match this weekend.
Irish rugby needs a strong Ulster and here's hoping you get a big result in Exeter to get the interest going again.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:I have to say I am fairly shocked by the apparent fatalism and lack of interest on your Forum in Ulster's European match this weekend.
Irish rugby needs a strong Ulster and here's hoping you get a big result in Exeter to get the interest going again.
Off topic.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dublin4 wrote:I have to say I am fairly shocked by the apparent fatalism and lack of interest on your Forum in Ulster's European match this weekend.
:lol: go away to another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

"Irish Rugby needs a strong Ulster" tackle bags don't hold themselves you know ...
"Bye Mr Pienaar...." storng but not too strong that would never do ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I think once again the same reporter has got half the story and again made assumptions
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

D4 why the shock at no interest in the SDC recognise two thirds of those who post here haven't had a positive thought in their heads since the ice age.

Secondly with three or four key players injured it is hard to be positive because, most, before the season kicked off, knew where the weaknesses in the Ulster squad existed-- in the back row --with little hope of the situation improving before Feb.

Now factor in The loss of Ruan and you witness rampant apathy .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote: Irish rugby needs a strong Ulster and here's hoping you get a big result in Exeter to get the interest going again.
You wouldn't do us a favour and take a drive round to the Nucifuhrer bunker and advise him of that point? If he sees a car with a NI number plate approaching, he calls in an air strike.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

thecrouch wrote:Well, I hope this story is true. All of it. It would brighten up my week.
Would it make your whole week? ;-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten