Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Arno Botha

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:My gut is saying that BelTel and Indo have taken a stab in the dark like the Kankowski story last year. If anything it might get the ball rolling by mentioning the coaching staff changing.

Why would Ulster sign an NIQ backrow who has had 2 knee operations before 25. It would make more sense to sign a Project backrow along with an NIQ prop and NIQ second row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds more credible than the Indo/BT story
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:My gut is saying that BelTel and Indo have taken a stab in the dark like the Kankowski story last year. If anything it might get the ball rolling by mentioning the coaching staff changing.

Why would Ulster sign an NIQ backrow who has had 2 knee operations before 25. It would make more sense to sign a Project backrow along with an NIQ prop and NIQ second row.

That sounds more credible than the Indo/BT story
I see no logic from the IRFU blocking us from having two NIQ (Coetzee, 1 project) in the same position next season.

With the exception of Heaslip you have established players in Leavy, Murphy, O'Brien, Ruddock, Van Der Flier, Conan, O'Donnell, O'Mahoney, and Stander filling Irish back row positions for the next three years plus Dillane and Henderson.

From an IRFU perspective and our own we could add another IQ to that mix in three years time.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Correct! If any from the Bulls Hanro Liebenberg would make much more sense than Botha.

Dozen Super Rugby caps @ 20
Are the Baby Boks South Africa's designated 2nd team?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Correct! If any from the Bulls Hanro Liebenberg would make much more sense than Botha.

We'll never understand

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

The 'Emerging Springboks' haven't played since 2009 but not sure if the U20s have officially been designated as the second team. Stander played for the U20s in 2010 so if they changed it, it must have been after that.

I appreciate that, that is a long-winded 'I don't know'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Or what Russ said.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

The 'Emerging Springboks' haven't played since 2009 but not sure if the U20s have officially been designated as the second team. Stander played for the U20s in 2010 so if they changed it, it must have been after that.

I appreciate that, that is a long-winded 'I don't know'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: well you've added some context anyway with the Stander point. :thumleft:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Feck knows, why wouldn't every nation make their U20s their 2nd team to protect against losing future internationals if that could be done?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

I appreciate that, that is a long-winded 'I don't know'. Image Image Image
Depends who they play
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A bit more context
Cape Town - In an attempt to keep promising junior rugby players in the country, the South African Rugby Union (SARU) has registered the Junior Springboks as the country’s second-best team.
According to Rapport, The SA Under-20 side is now registered at World Rugby’s headquarters as South Africa's No 2 team behind the Springboks.
This means that no player who has represented the Baby Boks since 2012 will be eligible to play for another country.
According to World Rugby regulations, players who have represented a country’s second-best team at international level, are not allowed to represent another nation in future.
This means that CJ Stander, a former Baby Bok star who currently plays for Ireland, was the last Junior Springbok to represent his adopted nation.
Payers like lock Paul Willemse, flank Wiaan Liebenberg (both Montpellier) and prop Steven Kitshoff (Bordeaux) will not be allowed to be picked for France in future.
The trio starred for the Baby Boks when they won the Junior World Championship in 2012.
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/saru-att ... a-20160411

Presumably this rules the like of Hanro Liebenberg out as a potential project.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:A bit more context
Cape Town - In an attempt to keep promising junior rugby players in the country, the South African Rugby Union (SARU) has registered the Junior Springboks as the country’s second-best team.
According to Rapport, The SA Under-20 side is now registered at World Rugby’s headquarters as South Africa's No 2 team behind the Springboks.
This means that no player who has represented the Baby Boks since 2012 will be eligible to play for another country.
According to World Rugby regulations, players who have represented a country’s second-best team at international level, are not allowed to represent another nation in future.
This means that CJ Stander, a former Baby Bok star who currently plays for Ireland, was the last Junior Springbok to represent his adopted nation.
Payers like lock Paul Willemse, flank Wiaan Liebenberg (both Montpellier) and prop Steven Kitshoff (Bordeaux) will not be allowed to be picked for France in future.
The trio starred for the Baby Boks when they won the Junior World Championship in 2012.
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/saru-att ... a-20160411

Presumably this rules the like of Hanro Liebenberg out as a potential project.
There'll be a lawsuit soon enough

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Mr Botha has 2 senior caps as a side note, both from 2013

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Re the 20s thing, as Rooster has said only tied to SA if they play another nation who use the 20s as their "2nd team", i.e Wales

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Hanro Liebenberg played against England, France, Australia, Samoa and Italy.
So are any of those U20 teams designated second teams?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:Re the 20s thing, as Rooster has said only tied to SA if they play another nation who use the 20s as their "2nd team", i.e Wales

He played in 2015 U20 Championship against Italy and France, therefore tied to SA for life.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk