Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Arno Botha

Post by Cockatrice »

222toHounslow wrote:Cockers sells ladies knickers? Nice one!
I do supporters fit if any wives need a pair.. in three colours.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

damianmcr wrote:Aren't they one if not the biggest rugby agents?
CSM are huge and they represent many big names including Ruan... don't see Botha listed on their A list of SA players but he may be on page 6 of others...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I understand the Esportif concerns to an extent, but surely there is also the possibility for the connection to work for us, the possibility that there are guys there who are close to both that may swing a deal for us rather than some club where they have no connection. Whilst we hang on the crap things that have happened and absolutely consider some were ill-advised, we also need to understand that injury isn't exactly a rarity in rugby.

There is also the fact that not every player you buy in will necessarily work out anyway - Afoa for instance where only his wife was really the problem, he was not a bad signing as a player, quite the opposite in fact.

My thoughts are that we overdo the Esportif thing, though admittedly I have never bothered my arsecrack to check how many large scale agencies operate in rugby.
baggy... There could indeed be advantages in bringing in a person that previously worked for said agency and handing him the responsibility of dealing with player contracts.. if that is the correct understanding of what happened then maybe maybe it is not a bad thing to have acquired a poacher turned gamekeeper..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I understand the Esportif concerns to an extent, but surely there is also the possibility for the connection to work for us, the possibility that there are guys there who are close to both that may swing a deal for us rather than some club where they have no connection. Whilst we hang on the crap things that have happened and absolutely consider some were ill-advised, we also need to understand that injury isn't exactly a rarity in rugby.

There is also the fact that not every player you buy in will necessarily work out anyway - Afoa for instance where only his wife was really the problem, he was not a bad signing as a player, quite the opposite in fact.

My thoughts are that we overdo the Esportif thing, though admittedly I have never bothered my arsecrack to check how many large scale agencies operate in rugby.
baggy... There could indeed be advantages in bringing in a person that previously worked for said agency and handing him the responsibility of dealing with player contracts.. if that is the correct understanding of what happened then maybe maybe it is not a bad thing to have acquired a poacher turned gamekeeper..
I don't know Cockers, just see it as a possibility. Always willing to look at both sides of a coin.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Eben????????????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:Eben????????????
are you getting out much these days fleg... >EW
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Eben????????????
are you getting out much these days fleg... >EW
He gets out for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon provided he has behaved all week.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Botha signing for the Tigers along with the two McKenzie brothers I hear.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lol
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

You just know he wont get injured.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Don't need him. Marcel looking lean, fit, well and limp free (ooerr matron) in Tesco Castlereagh road, wearing full training kit. Herbst with him looking about a stone lighter and much tighter. Hope Jonno's been beasting them..
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We've all had a boner in Tesco at some point in our lives.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:We've all had a boner in Tesco at some point in our lives.
Remember it well Dave, a liaison with a handsome MILF over the Birds Eye frozen veg section. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Remember it well Dave, a liaison with a handsome MILF over the Birds Eye frozen veg section. :D
At least you'd something to rest the boyo against.
It's the hope that kills you.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
At least you'd something to rest the boyo against.
Yeah probably a good idea to shove it in some frozen peas to reduce the swelling.