Arno Botha

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Arno Botha

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Uppa Myhole from the Cheetahs sounds perfect for us.

He has problems with is Anterior sphincter ligament
Sign him up for rehab
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If Ulster are to be taken serious then one small step in the right direction might be to search outside Esportif for talent.. it is a big world out there but Ulsters fixation with this one agency is short sighted... like the SF and the RA they too are inexplicably linked.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

'If Ulster are to be taken seriously ' Cocker you should be selling lines like that to Darragh O'Brien.

That's a line which has and will start many a laughing session and many a barney. It doesn't need a Heidegger or Kierkegaard to dissect it, but our lot make it look like Blindfold 3D chess.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:If Ulster are to be taken serious then one small step in the right direction might be to search outside Esportif for talent.. it is a big world out there but Ulsters fixation with this one agency is short sighted... like the SF and the RA they too are inexplicably linked.
According to the press Botha is represented by CSM Sports
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:If Ulster are to be taken serious then one small step in the right direction might be to search outside Esportif for talent.. it is a big world out there but Ulsters fixation with this one agency is short sighted... like the SF and the RA they too are inexplicably linked.
Rooster... Still don't like the closeness between staff at Esportif and roles within UR and those with business links That may be considered by some as a potential conflict..
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Rooster... Still don't like the closeness between staff at Esportif and roles within UR and those with business links That may be considered by some as a potential conflict..
That's twice today you've been caught out spoofing Cockers.
You're get a reputation rivalling Logan for being full of crap.
Everybody knows you like to be the agent provocateur but for goodness sake wind it in.
There can be only one
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Not sure I said that Botha was represented by Esportif....

I remain concerned at links between Esportif and UR...
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Cockers sells ladies knickers? Nice one!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Reference to Botha and Esportif was mine. Never said he was represented by them, but they may allegedly have benefitted from the deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I understand the Esportif concerns to an extent, but surely there is also the possibility for the connection to work for us, the possibility that there are guys there who are close to both that may swing a deal for us rather than some club where they have no connection. Whilst we hang on the crap things that have happened and absolutely consider some were ill-advised, we also need to understand that injury isn't exactly a rarity in rugby.

There is also the fact that not every player you buy in will necessarily work out anyway - Afoa for instance where only his wife was really the problem, he was not a bad signing as a player, quite the opposite in fact.

My thoughts are that we overdo the Esportif thing, though admittedly I have never bothered my arsecrack to check how many large scale agencies operate in rugby.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Aren't they one if not the biggest rugby agents?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Not just agents but the rest of their business that gets my goat. Who's responsible for the brainwave that gave us our fecked up head coach/dor/ops director structure? You guessed it and they supplied the person n the structure that will deal with them the most frequently. Rant over!

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Not just agents but the rest of their business that gets my goat. Who's responsible for the brainwave that gave us our fecked up head coach/dor/ops director structure? You guessed it and they supplied the person n the structure that will deal with them the most frequently. Rant over!

Esportif didn't supply Logan and he gave us the fecked up system
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Who did he go to for advice on structures?

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Who did he go to for advice on structures?

Who knows, if he had been able to handle contracts himself he would not have needed Bryn to do that part of the job, Mike Reid even handled the contract end when the coaches identified the players required.
Rory Best