An open letter to Ulster Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: An open letter to Ulster Rugby

Post by Russ »

therealspratt wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:What a rancid forum that is. Nasty little bollixes making some personal claims about Ulster players and their character. I've screenshot everything, which I know doesn't hold up but I hope they all get sued right through their colon. Kuntz.
To be honest with you Dave I post there and the majority of it is no different to what you'd read here.
Some of the McIlroy/Olding/Jacko chat flies a bit close to the wind admittedly.
Lad culture in Southern Ireland is completely toxic though
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:What a rancid forum that is. Nasty little bollixes making some personal claims about Ulster players and their character. I've screenshot everything, which I know doesn't hold up but I hope they all get sued right through their colon. Kuntz.
To be honest with you Dave I post there and the majority of it is no different to what you'd read here.
That was all shut down on here pretty quickly. That forum and some of those posters are wide open, but I'm sure the mentioned players will never read it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
That was all shut down on here pretty quickly. That forum and some of those posters are wide open, but I'm sure the mentioned players will never read it.
Yea I just ignore the posts about that topic.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

You're keeping bad company Crouchy. Cluster of Bellends
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

222toHounslow wrote:You're keeping bad company Crouchy. Cluster of Bellends
I'm not the only UAFCer posting over yonder 222 my old mucker.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

:lol:

Whats got you wound up princess?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

earl the beaver wrote:

Brexit and Trump.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Brexit and Trump.
Reasons we have Brexit include Planet Rugby chubes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dear Mr Logan,

With reference to your comments published in Ulster Business on the 17th January 2013, coincidentally four years next week can you please advise where you stand on the following.
"In the long term we want to be world class. We're maybe a bit ahead of where we thought we would be on most fronts, the stadium included, but compared to where we need to be strategically we're still short," said Logan.
Are we still ahead Shane? What was the strategy, cannot surely be following the same one? What failed and why?
The clubs and schools game is growing, maybe not as quickly as we'd like, but it is growing.
No Shane, no it's not, no new clubs have been founded and senior clubs that formerly fielded 4 or 5 teams now struggle to field 2. Please check the Ulster Branch fixtures website for matches conceded on a weekly basis as clubs cannot field. At the club elite level the game within Ulster is so weak we do not have one representative in AIL 1A, with Buccaneers (from Connacht traditionally the smallest and weakest province) top of 1B we will be the only province not represented in the top tier of Irish club rugby next year. Has this growth stopped?
"If our product isn't excellent, people won't want to watch it or sponsor it. So my biggest job is to ensure the professional team performs and performs in the long term," he said.
Four years on is our product now excellent?
The CEO estimates it could take "10 or 15 years" for Ulster to get where it wants to be in terms of that pool of players coming through to the high performance level.
Shane we are four years in, how far on are we? An honest answer please.
This isn't a job or a business, this is a cause.
Shane, that's very noble, you've had seven years as the CEO of the Ulster Rugby organisation. Whilst we have progressed off the pitch with the help of a government financial hand out and the selling of sponsorship rights I believe the largest accreditation you receive is an acknowledgement of your financial nous. Why then are the cupboards bare and we are looking at financial losses for the foreseeable?

Now I don't think you're a bad person but you've had your shot, you havn't done a terrible JOB, however, to be frank these statements to which you have failed to deliver on deeply sicken me.

For the sake of the CAUSE, please give someone the opportunity to turn this around before we slip further from where we should be.

The entire article can be read here if you have forgotten much of what you have said.

http://www.ulsterbusiness.com/articles/ ... hane-logan

Regards
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Ulster No 9... In relation to your comment on the current Ulster Domestic Club scene and its position within the wider Irish set up some years ago UR introduced a Club Excellence Program. It is designed to provide the clubs with the tools and professional mentorship to ensure that they improve both their business set up and produce better results. This included everything from the club positions within the community, to growing numbers, to how to improve financial footing...

It effectively is dead in the water with less than half dozen clubs approved and even one of them rides on the back of sharing facilities with a bigger club. Now that they have since been moved out they would have to lose that status..

To me this is systematic of what UR think about the Domestic Game..

As an aside I recall numbers from 27,000 to 35,000 being quoted by the CiC at various times as the numbers playing rugby. I cent se those numbers being correct and I understand that when challenged said CiC couldn't explain where the figures had even come from..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

For the avoidance of doubt, I NEVER read other Irish Rugby forums, I don't wish to have to hate fellow countrymen - barring fu@king Mexicans of course.

If I wanted to be a whiny moany self-righteous gobshite with the utter dross of other provinces, that's where I'd look ...........but I don't. I occasionally looked elsewhere when I decided to absent myself here, but without exception I found the above to be the situation, arseholes thinking they are terribly funny legends.
gaydawg.jpg
gaydawg.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Crouchie, surprised at you, Earl the back to front, no surprise at all.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote:For the avoidance of doubt, I NEVER read other Irish Rugby forums, I don't wish to have to hate fellow countrymen - barring fu@king Mexicans of course.

If I wanted to be a whiny moany self-righteous gobshite with the utter dross of other provinces, that's where I'd look ...........but I don't. I occasionally looked elsewhere when I decided to absent myself here, but without exception I found the above to be the situation, arseholes thinking they are terribly funny legends.
gaydawg.jpg
Crouchie, surprised at you, Earl the back to front, no surprise at all.
If you read the link I posted you'll see oul crouchy stood firmly in baggys corner. I was steadfast in my belief, I will remain a disciple of BaggyTrousers.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Thou shalt not follow false idols...

The one clear exception being Stevie Ferris
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good enough for me Crouchie. :thumleft: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

There are 51 senior men's matches arranged by the Branch for this coming weekend, involving the maximum of 1700 players , this is where we are Really at.