An open letter to Ulster Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: An open letter to Ulster Rugby

Post by Rooster »

drumbo diehard wrote:There are 51 senior men's matches arranged by the Branch for this coming weekend, involving the maximum of 1700 players , this is where we are Really at.
Let us wait and see how many are actually played before you add up numbers, bound to be a few conceded due to lack of players
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

drumbo diehard wrote:There are 51 senior men's matches arranged by the Branch for this coming weekend, involving the maximum of 1700 players , this is where we are Really at.
but has the CEO not said we had 30k players and he planned to increase that to 60K

oh how i laughed at this one:
M
r McNarry:
You said that Ulster is twelfth in Europe at the moment. I do not know where it sits in the world rankings. You also said that you have a goal of being the world’s best, and I am not going to ask you when you hope to achieve that.

Mr Logan:
In eight to 10 years.

Mr McNarry:
That is fantastic.

Mr Logan:
And Europe’s best before that.

Mr McNarry:
That really is brilliant. In working towards that goal, do you see all the aspirations involved and embraced in that rubbing off down the line in all the other things that you want to attain? In other words, not just having Ulster as the world’s best rugby team but being the world’s best at presentation, in tag rugby, etc.

Mr Logan:
Yes, totally.

Mr McNarry:
Is all of that encompassed in the brand?

Mr Logan:
Yes, we have to be as one. We cannot have one part of the game thriving without the whole game thriving. We believe in rugby; we believe that it brings discipline and goodness. It has transcended the conflict here because of the way that the structure allows for an Ulster game and an all-Ireland game. It appeals to all segments of society. For us to be the world’s best and for people to come from around the world to see what we are doing, we have to be excellent on every front, including the commercial front. We have to appeal to disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities and to the communities and schools in which rugby has not been played before. We have to be excellent in relating to and working with other sports to pull the whole of Northern Ireland up. We are ambitious across the whole range, because the body will only be strong together. It will not be two thirds strong or half strong.

Mr McNarry:
That is good enough for me. Thank you.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Let us wait and see how many are actually played before you add up numbers, bound to be a few conceded due to lack of players
Hell of a difference in the numbers touted by the CiC and reality albeit I think you could add in school playing numbers to be fair. Notwithstanding that I don't see figures anywhere close to the 35,000 currently being spouted or that playing numbers have increased from under 30,000.

This is course one of the 3 criteria on which the CiC is judged so the fact that he makes such claims more than justifies his existence. Strange then that when ask by a club representative to quantify the numbers he couldn't do it. Ulster Rugby in my opinion is failing on more than one front yet the rolling contract gets rolled on...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

sent an email of to Logie and a few others still no reply....surprise surprise
Can you give me a reason why I should renew my season tickets for next season?

PS You could add to your list of Ulster Rugby Values....that we respond to emails even if they are critical of the current situation. many thanks
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

scrum5 wrote:sent an email of to Logie and a few others still no reply....surprise surprise

PS You could add to your list of Ulster Rugby Values....that we respond to emails even if they are critical of the current situation. many thanks

I understand the man listens to little or no-one except his own reflection...

I heard a rumour that the players were set down to another bible thumping sermon from the mount to fire them up for the last two SDC games.. I really wonder what coaches think of other none playing management bringing their players in for a lecture albeit from someone who has played rugby on three continents..

btw.. I am still trying to figure out what 3 continents (and indeed the fecking relevance) I take Europe as a given always considered Asia as a possibility given the Coca-Cola empire that he claims to have been in charge of but could never figure the third.. then I figure South America because I have a friend in the SAS and he tells me of a famous match played out between them and the SBS on the Falklands between battles.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:btw.. I am still trying to figure out what 3 continents (and indeed the fecking relevance) I take Europe as a given always considered Asia as a possibility given the Coca-Cola empire that he claims to have been in charge of but could never figure the third.. then I figure South America because I have a friend in the SAS and he tells me of a famous match played out between them and the SBS on the Falklands between battles.
Really taking the pish if you ythink he was involved with that last match, unless they were using him as the ball :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
scrum5 wrote:sent an email of to Logie and a few others still no reply....surprise surprise

I understand the man listens to little or no-one except his own reflection...

I heard a rumour that the players were set down to another bible thumping sermon from the mount to fire them up for the last two SDC games.. I really wonder what coaches think of other none playing management bringing their players in for a lecture albeit from someone who has played rugby on three continents..

btw.. I am still trying to figure out what 3 continents (and indeed the fecking relevance) I take Europe as a given always considered Asia as a possibility given the Coca-Cola empire that he claims to have been in charge of but could never figure the third.. then I figure South America because I have a friend in the SAS and he tells me of a famous match played out between them and the SBS on the Falklands between battles.
I blamed rugby in Europe and a game of touch in North America and Asia

Could be headhunted
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

If some of these comments are true Ulster rugby is being run by a bullshitter. In a real business the CEO would be the strictest prat known to man. The culture being bred in UR is that of arrogance and complacency, with the CEO's constant lies fuelling the fire. Why can't the branch get a proper business man in, with rugby interest to try and drive the branch forward.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

maybe they like a YES man
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Do you think Logie is taking the 'disadvantaged and people with disabilities' a tad too far?

Signing injured players as cover and they never even get close to benching, paying injured players and getting them fit enough to move to Bristol and then there's Boke'n'Clarke!
I know as an Ulster supporter, I feel decidedly disadvantaged.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I don't really understand why the more recent attendees (those characterised/stereotyped by posting of Ulster's brillness on bakebook) will continue to attend if we spiral into sihteness; while those who have been attending for decades when we were, in reality much more sihte than today, (those characterised/stereotyped by posting knowledgeable, pithy, acerbic criticism on UAFC) will stop mumbling their way through the turnstiles each week.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

BR wrote:I don't really understand why the more recent attendees (those characterised/stereotyped by posting of Ulster's brillness on bakebook) will continue to attend if we spiral into sihteness; while those who have been attending for decades when we were, in reality much more sihte than today, (those characterised/stereotyped by posting knowledgeable, pithy, acerbic criticism on UAFC) will stop mumbling their way through the turnstiles each week.
We got a flavour of success in 2012 and our expectations have been raised.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Looks like Logie was ahead of the game in fairness. Taught Trump everything he knows. Make Ulster great again...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999