LLanelli v Ulster Positives & Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: LLanelli v Ulster Positives & Negatives

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No, not next year or any time soon. Furthermore we aren;t in the shakeup for quality coaches, we just get left with the ....... oh FFFFS.

The biggest negative was that yet again it showed that we are mentally the most fragile team with any pretensions to higher things. As soon as it started to go wrong, the brains frazzled, any solidity went out the fenetre and we played our favourite game - headless chickens.

We don't have the competence to muster a response, either it goes well all game or we fall apart.

I cannot remember a time when Ulster looked so inept mentally, then again, look not much further than some selection issues. It pains me to say we are nothing more than a shambles.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Positive: If "Headless Chickens" ever becomes a prapper sport, Norn Iron have a guaranteed gold at the Cammanwealth Games ..... so we do.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:If we had of won it would of covered the cracks for another week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAD OF
WOULD OF

I'm no grammar Nazi, but this needs to be nipped in the bud. >threaten
I take my had of to that. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:If we had of won it would of covered the cracks for another week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAD OF
WOULD OF

I'm no grammar Nazi, but this needs to be nipped in the bud. >threaten
I take my had of to that. :thumleft:
Dof it?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

DWFinn wrote:Positives - Munster were as tom kite last season as we are now - yet, with a lesser quality playing squad, an attitude change (admittedly brought about by horrible circumstances) and some higher quality coaching, are now tearing up Europe and top of the league. There's no reason why we can't do the same.

Negatives - We're not going to do the same are we?
Munster squad is better than ours.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Judging by his comments in Sunday Life Small p may be on his way. Does that qualify?

Kane and Simpson btw.
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Judging by his comments in Sunday Life Small p may be on his way. Does that qualify?

Kane and Simpson btw.
What comments?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Judging by his comments in Sunday Life Small p may be on his way. Does that qualify?

Kane and Simpson btw.
What comments?

I mentioned that a while back. He possibly fancies trying somewhere different.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:

Kane and Simpson btw.
What comments?

I mentioned that a while back. He possibly fancies trying somewhere different.
Getting to a tackle and playing the ball quickly and accurately?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:

Kane and Simpson btw.
What comments?

Lot of ambiguity in his future role at UR, given hes out of contract. Also the Bordeaux losing bp was mentioned a lot. Seems to be a resignation ref his Ulster future in his article, or am I reading too deeply/ hopefully? Odd candour unless he sees the writing on the wall. Cooney mentioned as coming in open print.If Heaneys also returning, he could be no.3
Exterminate all rational thought
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gentlemen, Ladies, Lords etc etc

I give you Baggy's Scales. It's a while since they have been used however they are in perfect working order. On the left hand side is Ruan Pienaar, representing the value he brings to the Ulster Team. On the right hand side is a representation of all the money paid in the past to Paul Marshall, Heany, Shanahan, Porter and the future expected payments to some of them plus expected payment to John Cooney.
Baggy'ssrumhalfscales.jpg
Baggy'ssrumhalfscales.jpg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 772 times
The observant will note that the whole kit & caboodle on the right hand side is not worth an arsehole full of boiled snow compared to the legend.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Lot of ambiguity in his future role at UR, given hes out of contract. Also the Bordeaux losing bp was mentioned a lot. Seems to be a resignation ref his Ulster future in his article, or am I reading too deeply/ hopefully? Odd candour unless he sees the writing on the wall. Cooney mentioned as coming in open print.If Heaneys also returning, he could be no.3
Without reading the article CI my take would be that P and his agent have Ulster over a barrel if his contract is up for renewal. It has been confirmed Pienaar will not get a new contract and no matter how crap you think or do not think P may be is completely irrelevant. Ulster cannot lose both the King and the heir apparent.

As ridiculous as it sounds P is in pole position to demand better terms of contract, I'd imagine he is playing silly beggars and fair fecks to him.

Bumper payday coming up for the wee man.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Judging by his comments in Sunday Life Small p may be on his way.
:thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I would take Cooney and Heaney over p in a heartbeat. Wee dave as third choice until someone better comes up through the academy.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Lot of ambiguity in his future role at UR, given hes out of contract. Also the Bordeaux losing bp was mentioned a lot. Seems to be a resignation ref his Ulster future in his article, or am I reading too deeply/ hopefully? Odd candour unless he sees the writing on the wall. Cooney mentioned as coming in open print.If Heaneys also returning, he could be no.3
Without reading the article CI my take would be that P and his agent have Ulster over a barrel if his contract is up for renewal. It has been confirmed Pienaar will not get a new contract and no matter how crap you think or do not think P may be is completely irrelevant. Ulster cannot lose both the King and the heir apparent.

As ridiculous as it sounds P is in pole position to demand better terms of contract, I'd imagine he is playing silly beggars and fair fecks to him.

Bumper payday coming up for the wee man.
Not how I see it. P has shown he is consistently crap. He's not a solid but unspectacular 9, he's a shitt 9. We will be in no worse a position if he is told to feck off, which I hope he is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999