Logan Out.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Logan Out.

Post by Kofi Annan »

Right, he is the man in charge, the buck stops with him, either he is a man of action or not.

Discuss.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Logan Out.

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:Right, he is the man in charge, the buck stops with him, either he is a man of action or not.

Discuss.
Are we a world class team yet ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

He isn't as loud as he was when he first came apart from the now occasional get up on his soap box and preach to the team... To be honest the sermons from the mount wouldn't work for me and I would love to know what the management really think of their players being set down and lectured by someone outside the coaching team..

Then again no one has the experience of the CEO in leading men.. From his famous sermon to the troops before Tumbledown was taken to his sermons in Russian to the plant bottles to see them through the Siberian winters.

His motto and indeed one of his companies is Serve to Lead the same motto as Sandhurst where he must have made Tim Collins feel inadequate...

He may not be responsible for much if anything on the pitch now but he is a very poor mans Paddy Mayne.. He sold us the dream mislead us along the way.. Time for a change get in an admin manager and let the PMC run the show.. Oh wait.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Yes Kofi!

He is almost a forgotten man with the amount of layers of management he has created between himself and the coal face.

A man that understands Ulster rugby is not just a business is required, the ability to deliver the business and the provincial rugby structure is what is needed.

Someone that has grew up in the throws of Ulster rugby boy and man with decent business acumen would do me.

I vote for myself.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There is an argument that says the CEO has been a rip roaring success. Whilst football and GAA dithered & had in fights and generally farted about, Ulster got it right, put in a modest rational bid, incorporated almost everything that focus groups asked for including the so far unused dog toilet for guidedogs to take a dump in, got on with it and got it built, fantastic player facilities, the whole 9 yards.

On top of that be has seemingly sold every available square foot of stadium possible for advertising & the naming rights to what I am more than happy to refer to as Spanners.

So on a commercial basis he can be quite happy with what he has achieved.

Rugby? A whole different story, he's the boss, he has been whilst we have gassed two coaches, one of our own McGlock who restored pride when things were at a very low ebb, but Dr Death, sorry Dr Dave thought he couldn't make a job of it so Brian's last match in charge was the Heineken Cup Final, something we have not had a sniff or close to it since. He also gassed a NZ drunk who again had more success than we have had since, and then game Doakball with a wee angry gremlin sitting at the side grumbling away and undermining his archenemy.

So what part has the CEO played on the rugby side? Was it all Dr.Dave's doing, should it have been?

We have now entered the area where I am lacking in any detail but what is very clear, on his watch there are a minimum of three coaches who don't appear fit for purpose and a man as DOR is new to being the top man and is either not good enough or is being hampered by having a useless coaching ticket imposed on him.

You also have crowing about the growth of the game but absolutely nothing about declining numbers in adult males.

More than that I cannot say, but I believe this to be reasonably balanced account of his positives & negatives.

Conclusion has to be that it's all going to shyte in the area that generates the cash for all rugby in Ulster, and in front of his eyes and we have yet to see anything resembling action from the CEO to make the slightest impact on the pro game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:There is an argument that says the CEO has been a rip roaring success. Whilst football and GAA dithered & had in fights and generally farted about, Ulster got it right, put in a modest rational bid, incorporated almost everything that focus groups asked for including the so far unused dog toilet for guidedogs to take a dump in, got on with it and got it built, fantastic player facilities, the whole 9 yards.

On top of that be has seemingly sold every available square foot of stadium possible for advertising & the naming rights to what I am more than happy to refer to as Spanners.

So on a commercial basis he can be quite happy with what he has achieved.

Rugby? A whole different story, he's the boss, he has been whilst we have gassed two coaches, one of our own McGlock who restored pride when things were at a very low ebb, but Dr Death, sorry Dr Dave thought he couldn't make a job of it so Brian's last match in charge was the Heineken Cup Final, something we have not had a sniff or close to it since. He also gassed a NZ drunk who again had more success than we have had since, and then game Doakball with a wee angry gremlin sitting at the side grumbling away and undermining his archenemy.

So what part has the CEO played on the rugby side? Was it all Dr.Dave's doing, should it have been?

We have now entered the area where I am lacking in any detail but what is very clear, on his watch there are a minimum of three coaches who don't appear fit for purpose and a man as DOR is new to being the top man and is either not good enough or is being hampered by having a useless coaching ticket imposed on him.

You also have crowing about the growth of the game but absolutely nothing about declining numbers in adult males.

More than that I cannot say, but I believe this to be reasonably balanced account of his positives & negatives.

Conclusion has to be that it's all going to shyte in the area that generates the cash for all rugby in Ulster, and in front of his eyes and we have yet to see anything resembling action from the CEO to make the slightest impact on the pro game.
I'm disinclined to give Logan much credit.
If my memory serves me right, the donkey work of the redevelopment was done before Logan arrived.
He did sell the naming rights of just about everything and that has brought in some much needed finance. The rider on that is that I have no idea if he sold the rights for what they were really worth or sold them too cheap.
On a positive side Logan cannot be blamed in any way for the coaching appointments. Nucifuhrer is at the top of that particular food chain.
What really irks me is that I do not trust the man. He's a poor man's spin doctor who faces the public when it suits him and hides when it doesn't. The tales of him making grandiose speeches to players, if true and I have no reason to doubt them, are simply rediculious.
When does his contract run out? Surely he hasn't got permanent tenure?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Would be surprised if a CEO were to be employed on a fixed term contract.

I'm also disinclined to think that Logan has zip say in the coaching ticket, I would be surprised if he does not have at least a small say, otherwise why would he not choose to hide when Kiss was being appointed, and let D4 make the announcement. He had to at least be bought into the appointments and support them, and if my memory serves me correctly he maybe even carried out the worldwide searches. this is however only a hunch.

What is Logan's job though, is one of two things:

1. IF he has the hiring and firing responsibilities he should be doing a lot of both right now.
or
2. IF he has not got the responsibilities he should be spending his weeks in D4 banging whatever table he can get sat around. Shirley not even the blazers of D4 to whom Nucifora answers can ignore the lobbying of the former CEO of Coca Cola, Manager of H&W and army general, its just too great a voice to be ignored.

Of course only time will tell if he is doing either or both of the above, or maybe he's just concentrating on signing up the CD Group as next years A team sponsor.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:Would be surprised if a CEO were to be employed on a fixed term contract.

I'm also disinclined to think that Logan has zip say in the coaching ticket, I would be surprised if he does not have at least a small say, otherwise why would he not choose to hide when Kiss was being appointed, and let D4 make the announcement. He had to at least be bought into the appointments and support them, and if my memory serves me correctly he maybe even carried out the worldwide searches. this is however only a hunch.

What is Logan's job though, is one of two things:

1. IF he has the hiring and firing responsibilities he should be doing a lot of both right now.
or
2. IF he has not got the responsibilities he should be spending his weeks in D4 banging whatever table he can get sat around. Shirley not even the blazers of D4 to whom Nucifora answers can ignore the lobbying of the former CEO of Coca Cola, Manager of H&W and army general, its just too great a voice to be ignored.

Of course only time will tell if he is doing either or both of the above, or maybe he's just concentrating on signing up the CD Group as next years A team sponsor.
His job title says CEO, but in reality he's just a branch manager.
As I understand it. Playing staff are hired and fired by Les and Bryn with a final sign off by Nucifuhrer. Coaches are hired by Nucifuhrer in consultation with Les.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote: His job title says CEO, but in reality he's just a branch manager.
As I understand it. Playing staff are hired and fired by Les and Bryn with a final sign off by Nucifuhrer. Coaches are hired by Nucifuhrer in consultation with Les.
Not true Snipe, well not according to Logan anyway he has stated the "product" on the pitch as his responsibility.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: His job title says CEO, but in reality he's just a branch manager.
Not true Snipe, well not according to Logan anyway he has stated the "product" on the pitch as his responsibility.
Is that the same man who has one or two items in his CV that folk question? The same man who told a room full of ST holders that it was genius that made them ditch John Afoa who would struggle to play more than a few games a season so bad was his neck? Is this the same man who made it his mission to achieve world domination?

WD, eh? Sounds like something that fecktard Trump would espouse. :roll: :roll: :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
There's your key point No9.
As Baggy correctly points out.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hang on a minute if Logie sold all this advertising and sponsorship deals then why the feck are we paying Fiona Hampton and Sara-Louise Bowman ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Hang on a minute if Logie sold all this advertising and sponsorship deals then why the feck are we paying Fiona Hampton and Sara-Louise Bowman ?
To do the actual work while Logan takes the credit of course.