One rule for them...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: One rule for them...

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Umm any evidence of that snipe lol. Copeland wouldn't be the first backrow to struggle in Munster. I wouldn't say he is brill but he absolutely took us apart one night playing for Cardiff. Might be a ruck inspector but he is a definite carrier. He won't come here unless he has some quite unrealistic Ireland expectations. I'd say he's off to France to milk himself a pension.
He has played some decent games for Munster back in November. Today he captained the A Team to a big win in Doncaster and scored a try. You wouldn't bring him to war but he's not bad.
Exactly Shan. We don't need another Joe average.
Joe Average is better than most we have now
Is Joe IQ?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Umm any evidence of that snipe lol. Copeland wouldn't be the first backrow to struggle in Munster. I wouldn't say he is brill but he absolutely took us apart one night playing for Cardiff. Might be a ruck inspector but he is a definite carrier. He won't come here unless he has some quite unrealistic Ireland expectations. I'd say he's off to France to milk himself a pension.
He has played some decent games for Munster back in November. Today he captained the A Team to a big win in Doncaster and scored a try. You wouldn't bring him to war but he's not bad.
Is Joe IQ?
Schmidt is holding back Irish talent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
Still not what we need though is it?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I do not know but suggest that D4 and associated names cannot influence our Academy. We need to greatly expand the Academy by using higher education and bursaries. Obviously this would primarily be for Ulster talent but if someone found a loophole to entice young foreigners over; three years go quickly by.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

whilst academy tyros need blooded far more often (as Kane and others have shown), we'd be foolish not to be looking at someone like Copeland. He'd be a better squad option than Ross, current Wilson, and at least comparable to Diack. get him fired up and he could at least bring a bit of nastiness into the team.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Loki wrote:whilst academy tyros need blooded far more often (as Kane and others have shown), we'd be foolish not to be looking at someone like Copeland. He'd be a better squad option than Ross, current Wilson, and at least comparable to Diack. get him fired up and he could at least bring a bit of nastiness into the team.
Most certainly would bring Copeland to a street fight ahead of Diack
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In Northern Ireland firstly foreign players need a visa secondly with the employment laws we have you cannot guarantee the guy a job and many foreign players won't qualify for University .

Which is why so few come up form the South to join the Ulster Academy they can attend University in Mexico with out having the cost of digs etc and maybe a better social life without the fear of walking into the wrong bar /club/ hotel etc and facing a smack in the gob because they have the wrong accent .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:In Northern Ireland firstly foreign players need a visa secondly with the employment laws we have you cannot guarantee the guy a job and many foreign players won't qualify for University .

Which is why so few come up form the South to join the Ulster Academy they can attend University in Mexico with out having the cost of digs etc and maybe a better social life without the fear of walking into the wrong bar /club/ hotel etc and facing a smack in the gob because they have the wrong accent .
Someone from Dublin needs a visa to study at QUB?

Fecking Brexit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No moron they have as good if not better in Mexico and possibly cheaper

But you want bring an non EU in they need a visa what happens after Brexit is anyone's guess .

With no guarantee of employment .

Spoke to some senior club men who considered this as the major obstacle to bring foreigners into the club set up which is where the Academy players learn the ropes .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist