Kiss out?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Kiss out?

Post by jean valjean »

Dharper wrote:See in the papers LK disagreed with Ferris re the general lack of aggression/physicality and pride in the Leinster
Game from the Ulster players, especially in the first half. Personally I'm with Ferris.
That said Great to see Simpson showing what that jersey means to him when he got on the pitch.

Someone else he disagrees with then
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I like Cockers too, in fact Cockers three, but forget that. Mind you saying he is booted for being crap is a bit rich. Tigers started to slip when they moved away from their forward game, brought in thon Antipodean to make them more attractive & WHAMMO, they lost their soul quicker than you could say, Ulster are Brill.

At least that's my version of that particular truth. >EW

Boy do we need a forwards coach worth their salt and a full coaching ticket that refuse to accept mediocrity. What about a proper skills coach/video analyst too, the incumbent appears devoid of skill?

I'll also say that I would be surprised if Kiss wasn't closer to Stevie's opinion than he will say publicly to a media chube, quickest way possible to lose the dressing room.

However I'm repeating that you are a bunch of gurny wee moany bitches, if the attitude was as bad as many make out Mexico at the strength they were at would have scored 50.

Some need to learn how to respond to the twin imposters, for we are neither brill nor shyte, what we certainly are is we are hampered with narrow depth compared to Mexico, Weegies , Ospreys and (thanks to Nucifora) maybe even Munster. That is partly due to a historically (at least) shyte academy/schools system & also by the fact that nobody below the border thinks we are Irish enough to play for, and if you can't play for an "Irish" team, you may as well feck off for the money.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

still. Cockers as a forwards coach would add some grunt.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I thought that Simpson showed up really well. He really put his body on the line. Good for him.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cracker wrote:I thought that Simpson showed up really well. He really put his body on the line. Good for him.
Just wait till he joins the Latte crew :stir:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Leinster players several times in the game double teamed and smashed Ulster players back. I saw one big hit by Reidy on a kick receiver, and Porter feck himself over trying to hit treadwell with a terrible technique.....that was pretty much it for me. Poor line speed throughout.

I'm not massively into the if that happened if this didn't happen then we'd be 19 Pts better off stuff. We scored 7 pts in 35 mins of dominating territory and possession....and we got no points from the game, because that is what we deserved. It smacks of papering over the cracks pretending there isn't much of a difference between the sides, but a few twists of fate .....when there clearly is. Personally that sort of BS whether aired in public or private isn't the sort of attitude that's going to sort things out. Personally if Leinster had been 10 nil down in the second half I'd have backed them to win, they went into their shells which is the luxury of being 20odd points up, and we decided to switch on after 45 minutes.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy
In your old age your starting to be less acidic and moderate in your assessment of the Ulster problems .

There is the fact D4 are really only interested in the International team and potential international players .

The money raised at International level feeds D4 the provinces feed themselves with a budget controlled by D4 weighted towards international providers .

Thus from a D4 point of view if 2 Irish provinces are in the pro 12 play offs happiness and get out of the group stages of SDC and provided 4 provinces qualify for the SDC that is a successful year for Irish Rugby thus talent and funding will be concentrated in those Provinces which look as if they can maximise fund flow inward .

Ulster face the situation that players are small fish in a U.K. Wide pool . Those in the South achieve a higher profile being bigger fish in an Irish Republic market thus sport celebrity looks attractive as an after school occupation if you have the talent . Even with greater talent no player in Ulster will have a similar marketability as a player in the south of Ireland . Likewise employment legislation in the North renders to old boy network a blunt instrument other than jobs within the Ulster Branch where it may be claimed experience is relevant .

Speaking to senior club members it is the major block on student foreign players because you can not provide an assurance of a job if they come to play rugby .

I doubt if Dublin Clubs face the same problems .

The wand wavers who think a change of this or that have little understanding of the real world and the choices which a young lad faces coming out of school when there are no guarantees if you choose to go into the Academy that 3 years down the road you'll be on top money when you know that about 18 or so players are joining rugby Academies in Ireland every year and there are only about 100 places to be filled on a yearly basis with only about 10 - 20 retiring every year that is there are more players within the Academy system than places coming vacant the wastage is excessive .
In such circumstances sell rugby as an attractive professional choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dharper wrote:Leinster players several times in the game double teamed and smashed Ulster players back. I saw one big hit by Reidy on a kick receiver, and Porter feck himself over trying to hit treadwell with a terrible technique.....that was pretty much it for me. Poor line speed throughout.

I'm not massively into the if that happened if this didn't happen then we'd be 19 Pts better off stuff. We scored 7 pts in 35 mins of dominating territory and possession....and we got no points from the game, because that is what we deserved. It smacks of papering over the cracks pretending there isn't much of a difference between the sides, but a few twists of fate .....when there clearly is. Personally that sort of BS whether aired in public or private isn't the sort of attitude that's going to sort things out. Personally if Leinster had been 10 nil down in the second half I'd have backed them to win, they went into their shells which is the luxury of being 20odd points up, and we decided to switch on after 45 minutes.
How about if they had gone in 17 points down? How about if your granny had balls she be your granda.

You luxuriate in stating that ifs & buts are of no use to you, then throw in an if, and not just an "if" it was a fully blown "Personally if" ............. I didn't go looking for any buts mind you, did you use one? FFFS man catch yourself on, either be "holier than thou" or "shut it you slag". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about hoist by yer own petard. >EW

Anyway, a question for you. Who said there isn't much difference between the two sides? I must have missed that one, who was the stupid blackguard, eh? Eh? Eh? Should be ashamed of his lack of perspicacity. >threaten

Anyway, happy to help you out there. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So much negativity. No wonder the boys aren't playing well. If everyone could just get behind Les and the team instead of moaning.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Difference between the two teams Leinster were close to full strength with a better bench Ulster missing some prime beef and a weak bench .

The second difference was more telling Ulster receivers attacked laterally away from their support and lost possession and failed to maximise the space available to provide opportunities wide to score .

It is worth noting when Charlie ran straight he scored .
35 minutes running sideways 35 minutes of wasted possession .

Thirdly as pointed out previously at least 3 Ulster players are approaching their sell by to what extent their experience benefited the team effort exceeded their fading pace is debatable .

Desire or effort is not the problem it is application of their skills effectively .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Can I ask, do you base the 5 years to make an impact on the crap that run the Academy up until three years ago or are you starting from the changes made since then, twice. If you believe it's a 5 year window to see a change why then are you not allowing the current incumbents to produce players. Surely the impact has started, Ross Kane, McCall, McCloskey ( I know I know, he was outside the structure but the then head of the Academy give him a chance with the A team , Same as Warwick and Mulholand et al, fück me with a widget, you guys just love to bitch, academy is working, maybe not as fast as Leinster, well feck whoppy fècking woo, just a figure for you, the Dublin and greater Dublin area have a population of 3m and this brad pitt about us not having a team in AIL 1a is all bullshit , AIL1A has ten teams , 7 off them from DUblin area, now they don't need their academy players to support those teams , they have massive financial clout and a far larger player base to be the best, oh that and being almost semi pros, our Senior clubs cry like bitches of Ulster don't give the academy players etc, well Senoir clubs employ better coaches, develope a youth structure that works , produce better players get teams into AIL 1 , Hinch are probably the only team in Ulster with real ambition, look at Belfasts Premier club, struggle to put a seconds out, the seconds play Juoir clubs and get 60-70 points put on them, Club rugby is the foundation of this sport, the CEO needs to look at that. Make the clubs better, more competive and stop the bullshit of your KPIs etc.

The problem in Ulster is just not the Pro game, it's in massive need of a revamp.

Right away to bed , late nights are killing me.
If Hinch are the only team with real ambition do the not take the Ulster League seriously ? Armagh gave them a proper rugby schooling on Saturday 52 - 14 :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

davejohnston wrote:
Dharper wrote:See in the papers LK disagreed with Ferris re the general lack of aggression/physicality and pride in the Leinster
Game from the Ulster players, especially in the first half. Personally I'm with Ferris.
That said Great to see Simpson showing what that jersey means to him when he got on the pitch.
Saw that too. Sometimes it can be hard to tell from the sofa or even the stands, but the team didn't come across with the level of physicality and aggression for an inter-pro.

That said I thought he made a fair point, that the aggression wasn't the problem for the soft scores that we conceded. Being switched on in defence, and we could easily have prevented 14 points, maybe 19.
Feel free to read the above Baggy.....and if your grandma has balls, fair play to her, she's probably a better prospect at 8 than RW.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Rooster, the Ulster Senior league is a joke. HInch put out a crap team
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

New Year new Ron'n?

All coherent and cogent Ron, though I doubt that I have moderated very much, I just don't throw my toys out every time they lose unlike many of the gurny wee bitches hereabouts. Throw me a juicy one to sink my teeth into & I'll ate it up like mother's milk & chew the living Jesus out of it ................ but our seconds losing to Mexico firsts in d'RDS? Give me a break.

Frankly I blame our enduring problems on UR, Dumb & Dumber & the FIRFU in roughly equal measure. I don't excuse Kiss, I'd just like to see him with a decent coaching team to see what he's made of. I don't see that he would have lasted six years in a pretty successful Ireland back room if he was a feckin' lemon, more than that I cannot say.

Mind you I did hear that when p blew the LBP in Bordeaux ........... well, if I told you the consensus was it was the ref's fault for not giving a penalty for not being 10 metres back ............................. eh, would anyone be surprised?

Of course, maybe I'm making that up, sure how would I know?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Rooster, the Ulster Senior league is a joke. HInch put out a crap team
Didn't see the team sheet but the press before the match had said same team as played Dungannon in the cup final a few weeks ago.
Thing is why would Hinch want to put out a crap team if they were an ambitious club?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best