Montferrand vs UAB Round 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Montferrand vs UAB Round 2

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:
GLENN CORNICK wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I am worried about next week.

Saturday was great but we still shipped 32 points at home.

Indeed; but like many matches. not just Ulster ones, the concentration goes and hands the initiative to the oppo.

In the second half it was almost as if Ulster took their turn and handed over the responsibility to control the game to Clermont. A half of two halves, so to speak.

"OK we've done our bit, over to you Clarence."
Their bench had pace and power and brought an intensity we couldn't live with
And Warwick and Ah You (especially) were terrible.
Warwick
Ah You

Best playing for 70+ minutes with no trust in Herring or an over reliance on Best

Cross being pro12

No back up 9
Not trusting your back 3 cover
Rémy63
Novice

Post by Rémy63 »

Russ wrote: Their bench had pace and power and brought an intensity we couldn't live with
Our bench was poor on saturday.

With the like of Fernandez, Ulugia, Jedrasiak and Bardy who are all supposed to be back in business, we will have something more to offer, especially defensively where we were more the poor.
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rémy63 wrote:
Russ wrote: Their bench had pace and power and brought an intensity we couldn't live with

With the like of Fernandez, Ulugia, Jedrasiak and Bardy who are all supposed to be back in business, we will have something more to offer, especially defensively where we were more the poor.
K
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Marius Mitrea with the whistle will be interesting, should be a lively game with a card or 2
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Strettle unlikely to play the return match. Had to go to hospital for surgery on a deep cut in his finger apparently.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Strettle unlikely to play the return match. Had to go to hospital for surgery on a deep cut in his finger apparently.
He didn't do a lot on Saturday. I was expecting big things from him, but our centres were cutting out the wide ball. They left spaces on the inside though.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Strettle unlikely to play the return match. Had to go to hospital for surgery on a deep cut in his finger apparently.
Dislocated to the extent it bust open :puker:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Dislocated to the extent it bust open Imageuker:
Mmmmm. Might do sausages for tea.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:
What time is tea?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:
What time is tea?
ask Ethel
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Pity nobody seems to have caught a snap of Charless stepping Fofana, made for an age old caption: 20 Blues when yer thur mate.

Snapper?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rémy63 wrote:

I'll see your Fernandez, Ulugia, Jedrasiak, Bardy and raise you Darren Cave. Introduced far too late from a defensive point of view on Saturday.

If Wilson is fit to play 20 minutes from the bench how we should using him rather than expecting him to play full games I'd tell Reidy to go mental for 60!

FVDM and Trimble back we'll potentially be stronger also.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:
What time is tea?
Is it on tea vee?
It's the hope that kills you.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rémy63 wrote:

Remy, you still have much more up your sleeve than us.
I expect the power game from you this week, and try to put us to the sword quickly. You need to get max. points from every game possible, to ensure top seeding for the Q/F's, which I think you will do. Can't see you losing any more games in this group to be fair. Get to 25 points and you're home and hosed.

I agree from our boys here we need to go for tries rather than get involved in trench warfare.
Great to see so many of your guys there on Saturday again. Always welcome and true rugby supporters of a great People's Club. :salut: >clapping
Exterminate all rational thought
Rémy63
Novice

Post by Rémy63 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Remy, you still have much more up your sleeve than us.
I expect the power game from you this week, and try to put us to the sword quickly. You need to get max. points from every game possible, to ensure top seeding for the Q/F's, which I think you will do. Can't see you losing any more games in this group to be fair. Get to 25 points and you're home and hosed.

I agree from our boys here we need to go for tries rather than get involved in trench warfare.
Great to see so many of your guys there on Saturday again. Always welcome and true rugby supporters of a great People's Club. :salut: >clapping
For sure, but we missed our two best forwards a lot (Lee and Ulugia) especially Ulugia who is phenomenal on a physical point of view.

We had just the medical update : Ulugia, Nakataici, Jedrasiak, Bardy, Toeava, Plante and youngsters Fernandez, Cassang, Iturria are all back on business.

Cancoriet, Strettle and Jarvis are out. Lee suspended.

Imo we will have this team :

Chaume - Ulugia - Zirakashvili
VDM - Vahaamahina
Bardy - Chouly - Lapandry

Parra - Lopez

Nakaitaci - Fofana - Lamerat - Plante

Abendanon

S : Kayser - Domingo - Ric - Jedrasiak - Yato - Cassang - Fernandez - Spedding
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"