Ruan - Interesting development. Action required

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Sue Dename
Novice

Ruan - Interesting development. Action required

Post by Sue Dename »

Two points:
I''m not a big fan of the position taken by Baggy Trousers who advocates 'BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA' This does Ulster Rugby no favours. Ulster have a binding commitment to buy a quota of tickets for every home international from the IRFU, circa 9000. If we all decide to boycott Ireland games Ulster are left out of pocket, because Ulster have bought the tickets from the IRFU (with no option for returning them) and they have to sell them. IRFU win Ulster lose.

More importantly and this is were action may be required. Get the pens and paper out.
I was made aware this week by a contact 'On the Hill' that the Minister for the Communities (which includes Sport) Paul Givan has written to the IRFU and the Ulster Branch and requested a meeting to discuss the Ruan position.
His concerns are the amount of money the Assembly has pumped into Ulster Rugby (£18m for a new stadium to start, plus several other millions ) to help develop the game in Ulster, and then, the IRFU treat legends like pieces of garbage.
The IRFU would not be long in reversing their decision on Ruan if Mr Givan threatened to withhold any Assembly money for the 2023 Rugby World Cup Bid.
Get writing to Paul Givan and support his plan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ruan - Interesting development. Action required

Post by Dave »

Ah ffs please think of the Montpellier fans. How do you say 'he ain't coming' in frog?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Can we resurrect Paisley Sr and have a big rally at City Hall?

"Mr Nucifora would come up here, and tell us to sign some players, and drop some others?! . . . We say never! Never! Never . . ."
It's the hope that kills you.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ah FFS, read the title of the thread and my heart skipped a beat!

Feck me, you're asking the people of Ulster to rely on a politician :roll:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Dave wrote:Ah ffs please think of the Montpellier fans. How do you say 'he ain't coming' in frog?

Il aint venir
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Ah FFS, read the title of the thread and my heart skipped a beat!

Have you got a better suggestion? Is it not worth a go?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

So if I write a letter will this mean someone will have something to do in stormont? Just concerned that I might prevent some poor civil servants from getting their poker game finished if they have to reply to my letter.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Sue Dename wrote:
Dave wrote:Ah ffs please think of the Montpellier fans. How do you say 'he ain't coming' in frog?

Il aint venir
Oh oui, il est.

:roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Givan's a rotten wee toad, nothing will come of it, nor should it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shinners would get it done
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Sue Dename wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Ah FFS, read the title of the thread and my heart skipped a beat!

Have you got a better suggestion? Is it not worth a go?
Yes, pray.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sue Dename wrote:Two points:
I''m not a big fan of the position taken by Baggy Trousers who advocates 'BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA' This does Ulster Rugby no favours. Ulster have a binding commitment to buy a quota of tickets for every home international from the IRFU, circa 9000. If we all decide to boycott Ireland games Ulster are left out of pocket, because Ulster have bought the tickets from the IRFU (with no option for returning them) and they have to sell them. IRFU win Ulster lose.

More importantly and this is were action may be required. Get the pens and paper out.
I was made aware this week by a contact 'On the Hill' that the Minister for the Communities (which includes Sport) Paul Givan has written to the IRFU and the Ulster Branch and requested a meeting to discuss the Ruan position.
His concerns are the amount of money the Assembly has pumped into Ulster Rugby (£18m for a new stadium to start, plus several other millions ) to help develop the game in Ulster, and then, the IRFU treat legends like pieces of garbage.
The IRFU would not be long in reversing their decision on Ruan if Mr Givan threatened to withhold any Assembly money for the 2023 Rugby World Cup Bid.
Get writing to Paul Givan and support his plan.
Susan,

Catch yourself on. Ruan has signed a contract with Montpellier and is an honourable man - unlike that scumsuckingbastard Nucifora - and will go to France to honour his contract.

Your idiot friend Givan is just a posturing DUP fool, talking big, unable to deliver a damn thing. I wouldn't waste paper and ink writing to that arsehole with an eye to populist nonsense that he has no remote chance of delivering.

You'd better be off to get the ironing done and making your husband his tay.

By the way, my call for a boycott, how many people do you think actually read the crap written here? :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

This is a nonsense thread. Ruan has a contract in France and he will honour it.

Aye, what Baggy said.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Mind you if Givan does resolve this I will vote DUP for the rest of the days Ruans God spares me on this earth :fleg: :red: :cheers:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:This is a nonsense thread. Ruan has a contract in France and he will honour it.
But but but Snipe that reputable website punditarena have reported it.