Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
2
3%
Louis Ludik
25
40%
Darren Cave
3
5%
Stuart McCloskey
0
No votes
Stuart Olding
0
No votes
Rob Lyttle
1
2%
Charles Piutau
4
6%
Paddy Jackson
18
29%
Ruan Pienaar
2
3%
Andy Warwick
0
No votes
Callum Black
0
No votes
Rob Herring
0
No votes
Rory Best
0
No votes
Rodney Ah You
3
5%
Ross Kane
0
No votes
Alan O'Connor
0
No votes
Peter Browne
0
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
0
No votes
Iain Henderson
0
No votes
Sean Reidy
3
5%
Roger Wilson
1
2%
Clive Ross
1
2%
 
Total votes : 63

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby promenader » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Louis for me, but impressive performances all round the park. Paddy just gets better and better.
User avatar
promenader
Novice
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Deraless wrote:Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.

They way we are going through centres, Louis will get plenty of game time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12317
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Evil Kiwi wrote:Puitau, Ah You, Reidy, Payne...

Also Loooduck was gud eh.

Spot of Afrikaans creeping in there EK?
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21351
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby againstthehead » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.

They way we are going through centres, Louis will get plenty of game time.


I guess Ludik is a pretty decent Bench option to cover the back 3, even if he's not in the starting 15. Certainly, if all our backs are ever fit at the same time there are going to be some disappointed guys. May have to look at playing Charlie and big Stu in the backrow :D
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
User avatar
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6781
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Girrid, a class above and the best full back in Ireland including Charless. Just as long as he sticks clear of that 13 shirt I'm close to his biggest fan. Utterly brilliant full back.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26509
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 pm

againstthehead wrote:
Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.

They way we are going through centres, Louis will get plenty of game time.


I guess Ludik is a pretty decent Bench option to cover the back 3, even if he's not in the starting 15. Certainly, if all our backs are ever fit at the same time there are going to be some disappointed guys. May have to look at playing Charlie and big Stu in the backrow :D

Guys will not be disappointed if they know exactly what is going to happen and why. Squad rotation is in everyone's interests and the players know that. It's a long season.
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21351
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:09 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Girrid, a class above and the best full back in Ireland including Charless. Just as long as he sticks clear of that 13 shirt I'm close to his biggest fan. Utterly brilliant full back.

I love that Kissy couldn't give a feck what Joe thinks. Payne is a 15 and Hendo is a 6. Les is ruthless and has no time for his former colleague.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12317
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Eggs » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).
User avatar
Eggs
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Eggs wrote:Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).

Hope we play the academy in Europe. I couldn't care less about the SDC.
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21351
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Eggs wrote:Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).

Hope we play the academy in Europe. I couldn't care less about the SDC.


But Snipe our strength in depth is now at the point whereby we can challenge on two fronts :roll:
David Nucifora - Employed by the IRFU since June 1st 2014
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2459
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm telling you, we can be brill, might not be, FFFS we've already plumbing considerable depths on the injury front and the seasons a pup, but something is going to happen this year that few expect. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Just think of what might be when another 6 or 7 top class players become available. Don't underestimate what Ruan means to this group of players, this year is a mission. If we arrive at March to May with a reasonably intact squad there is no team better equipped in this league.

We are going to canter this league, home semi and no better chance to win the muthafucka.

SDC? Don't know, don't much care, but we can do damage in what looks a decent pool of talent but all beatable home or away, Clermont included. But it's a sideshow.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26509
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby CIMANFOREVER » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:52 am

ruckover wrote:For a guy who has himself admitted he is just a squad player this season, Ludik has been outstanding the last couple of weeks.

Agree. For a guy who was designated as peripheral by the media and others, he's shown the best early season form of most of our fit backs. Whilst I wouldn't suggest all that "first name on the sheet" hyperbole, given the positions he can cover so well, our injury list and coming AI's, he's getting close.
Ludik Got my vote, but Cave was also top drawer, often sublime in his lines of running and getting the ball moving across that back line. To me 12 & 13 is Cave plus a.n.other.
Exterminate all rational thought
User avatar
CIMANFOREVER
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: The Dufferin

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby CIMANFOREVER » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 am

bazzaj wrote:I totally agree with the comments about Ludik.
He is becoming a vital squad member to us and provides the sort of quality in squad depth that we have lacked in the past.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but the same can be said of Reidy now who was terrific and you can't win in Glasgow if your 7 doesn't front up.

Very hard to call but in truth it was one of those 1-15 efforts so I couldn't actually argue against anyone getting it.
Apart from if it was a Glasgow player.
Rule 1 of appointing the mom is they generally come from the winning team.

Caveat was that Weegies back row was down to Da Kidz. Scarlets back row asked more questions if him.
Exterminate all rational thought
User avatar
CIMANFOREVER
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Location: The Dufferin

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Blackskulllad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 am

As your man from radio would say, Louey Loododuck

Spotting him was like playing the easiest game of where's wally ever, he was tackling like a man possessed.
User avatar
Blackskulllad
Novice
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Postby Loki » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:29 am

Ludik with Reidy the next closest for me. Although it was one of those games where the option of "the pack" would have to be seriously considered for laurels rather than any one player.
User avatar
Loki
Warrior
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Promenade

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

Login

Username:

Password:


Remember Me
Hide Me
Register
Image
Image
Check out our latest T-Shirts for all the family!!
The UAFC Shop
Image

Polls

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
2
3%


Louis Ludik
25
40%


Darren Cave
3
5%


Stuart McCloskey
0
0%


Stuart Olding
0
0%


Rob Lyttle
1
2%


Charles Piutau
4
6%


Paddy Jackson
18
29%


Ruan Pienaar
2
3%


Andy Warwick
0
0%


Callum Black
0
0%


Rob Herring
0
0%


Rory Best
0
0%


Rodney Ah You
3
5%


Ross Kane
0
0%


Alan O'Connor
0
0%


Peter Browne
0
0%


Franco van der Merwe
0
0%


Iain Henderson
0
0%


Sean Reidy
3
5%


Roger Wilson
1
2%


Clive Ross
1
2%


 
Total votes : 63

View topic

!-- Piwik -->