Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
3%
Louis Ludik
37%
Darren Cave
7%
Stuart McCloskey
No votes
Stuart Olding
No votes
Rob Lyttle
1%
Charles Piutau
6%
Paddy Jackson
28%
Ruan Pienaar
6%
Andy Warwick
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Rob Herring
No votes
Rory Best
No votes
Rodney Ah You
4%
Ross Kane
No votes
Alan O'Connor
No votes
Peter Browne
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
No votes
Iain Henderson
No votes
Sean Reidy
4%
Roger Wilson
1%
Clive Ross
1%

Total votes: 68

promenader
Novice

Re: Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Post by promenader »

Louis for me, but impressive performances all round the park. Paddy just gets better and better.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.
They way we are going through centres, Louis will get plenty of game time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Evil Kiwi wrote:Puitau, Ah You, Reidy, Payne...

Also Loooduck was gud eh.
Spot of Afrikaans creeping in there EK?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:Would go with Ludik. He is rock solid, but he occasionally does set the world alight too. Magnificent defender and deceptively quick too. He probably won't make the Euro match-day 15 if everyone is fit but he is a cert for the bench.

Wouldn't argue with almost anyone. Not Ruan's best game, and given Charless's sky-high standards, and the fact he'll have many MOTMs, I would rule them out. But lots of options esp AOC, Reidy, Pads and Jared. High standard all over and subs made an impact.
I guess Ludik is a pretty decent Bench option to cover the back 3, even if he's not in the starting 15. Certainly, if all our backs are ever fit at the same time there are going to be some disappointed guys. May have to look at playing Charlie and big Stu in the backrow :D
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Girrid, a class above and the best full back in Ireland including Charless. Just as long as he sticks clear of that 13 shirt I'm close to his biggest fan. Utterly brilliant full back.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:
Dave wrote:

I guess Ludik is a pretty decent Bench option to cover the back 3, even if he's not in the starting 15. Certainly, if all our backs are ever fit at the same time there are going to be some disappointed guys. May have to look at playing Charlie and big Stu in the backrow :D
Guys will not be disappointed if they know exactly what is going to happen and why. Squad rotation is in everyone's interests and the players know that. It's a long season.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Girrid, a class above and the best full back in Ireland including Charless. Just as long as he sticks clear of that 13 shirt I'm close to his biggest fan. Utterly brilliant full back.
I love that Kissy couldn't give a feck what Joe thinks. Payne is a 15 and Hendo is a 6. Les is ruthless and has no time for his former colleague.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Eggs wrote:Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).
Hope we play the academy in Europe. I couldn't care less about the SDC.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Eggs wrote:Looking very like our euro team (all being fit) Jared at FB, Charles and Trimble on wings, and Louis on the bench. No space for Craig or Tommy (if and when he makes it back).
Hope we play the academy in Europe. I couldn't care less about the SDC.
But Snipe our strength in depth is now at the point whereby we can challenge on two fronts :roll:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm telling you, we can be brill, might not be, FFFS we've already plumbing considerable depths on the injury front and the seasons a pup, but something is going to happen this year that few expect. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Just think of what might be when another 6 or 7 top class players become available. Don't underestimate what Ruan means to this group of players, this year is a mission. If we arrive at March to May with a reasonably intact squad there is no team better equipped in this league.

We are going to canter this league, home semi and no better chance to win the muthafucka.

SDC? Don't know, don't much care, but we can do damage in what looks a decent pool of talent but all beatable home or away, Clermont included. But it's a sideshow.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

ruckover wrote:For a guy who has himself admitted he is just a squad player this season, Ludik has been outstanding the last couple of weeks.
Agree. For a guy who was designated as peripheral by the media and others, he's shown the best early season form of most of our fit backs. Whilst I wouldn't suggest all that "first name on the sheet" hyperbole, given the positions he can cover so well, our injury list and coming AI's, he's getting close.
Ludik Got my vote, but Cave was also top drawer, often sublime in his lines of running and getting the ball moving across that back line. To me 12 & 13 is Cave plus a.n.other.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

bazzaj wrote:I totally agree with the comments about Ludik.
He is becoming a vital squad member to us and provides the sort of quality in squad depth that we have lacked in the past.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but the same can be said of Reidy now who was terrific and you can't win in Glasgow if your 7 doesn't front up.

Very hard to call but in truth it was one of those 1-15 efforts so I couldn't actually argue against anyone getting it.
Apart from if it was a Glasgow player.
Rule 1 of appointing the mom is they generally come from the winning team.
Caveat was that Weegies back row was down to Da Kidz. Scarlets back row asked more questions if him.
Exterminate all rational thought
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

As your man from radio would say, Louey Loododuck

Spotting him was like playing the easiest game of where's wally ever, he was tackling like a man possessed.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Ludik with Reidy the next closest for me. Although it was one of those games where the option of "the pack" would have to be seriously considered for laurels rather than any one player.