Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract situation

Post by Wee Woman »

shamalicious wrote:It's absolutely scandalous that they do this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Totally agree, it’s bordering on arrogant enough to think that someone would feel ‘privileged’ enough to come in and this for free.

Some front!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not even a beg of peanuts for the new monkey and he'll probably be let go, when hunger forces him to bin hoke and eat a "players only" sandwich which was going to landfill anyway.

My guess is that this has the hands of Terry all over it. Here's an idea, let Terry go by mutual agreement and hire several people like S&C folk, not FOLK, who might actually do something useful rather than playing endless games of I Spy with his PA.

I hear she is planning to write a salacious novel, entitled "What the CEO Saw", based on entirely fictitious characters with the usual rider of "Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental", the book will be set in an entirely fictitious rugby stadium called Kings Spam and the central character will be called Shane in homage to Alan Ladd's character in the 1953 film of the same name.

With echoes of the George Stevens masterpiece, Shane will be a former gun for hire who has found the path to righteousness. The one plot spoiler I'll give you is that unlike Shane, the western, there will be no denouement with an impressionable kid shouting "Shane! Come back!" as our wounded hero rides off into the sunset.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Wee Woman wrote:

Totally agree, it’s bordering on arrogant enough to think that someone would feel ‘privileged’ enough to come in and this for free.

Some front!

They will though, you can bet any recently qualified S&C professional would gladly give some of their time to learn about the pro rugby setup, work with pro rugby coaches and plaster it all over their CVs

I'm sure UR will attract some well meaning young hopefuls but could at least pay them a pittance in recognition of their sevices

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:

Some front!

No different from a lot of employers taking in students for a year of unpaid experience, very few actually pay the full wages, when my girl took a year out for experience she was actually the only one in the class to get full wages, the rest worked for nothing or a wage that just covered travel and little more.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Some front!

No different from a lot of employers taking in students for a year of unpaid experience, very few actually pay the full wages, when my girl took a year out for experience she was actually the only one in the class to get full wages, the rest worked for nothing or a wage that just covered travel and little more.
The Tories promised to scrap this
Spoiler alert. They haven't

If you have someone working for you, you need to pay them
I'd like to see a company be invoiced for services rendered at the end of these "contracts"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It should be a paid internship. A volunteering opportunity sounds like they just need a hand.

Jokeshop.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It is entirely morally bankrupt, strange for an organisation who are apparently moralising over how to deal with the young gentlemen should they be acquitted. Clearly UR have no issue with certain immoral actions but not others.

Speaking of morality and moral indignation, I’d like to spit in the face of every moron who in a fit of moral indignation has cancelled their monthly contribution to OXFAM. The organisation employs over 5000 people around the world, works with in excess of 20000 volunteers, performs many lifesaving programmes which governments should but don’t and because of some or a bunch of bad apples, they are apparently not worthy of support in their necessary and valuable services to mankind.

Oh I suppose spitting in their stupid faces would reduce me to their level, maybe just a good firm kidney punch. Idiots.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Some front!

My last place paid the students during their middle year.

At the very least they should be paying something.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:It is entirely morally bankrupt, strange for an organisation who are apparently moralising over how to deal with the young gentlemen should they be acquitted. Clearly UR have no issue with certain immoral actions but not others.

Speaking of morality and moral indignation, I’d like to spit in the face of every moron who in a fit of moral indignation has cancelled their monthly contribution to OXFAM. The organisation employs over 5000 people around the world, works with in excess of 20000 volunteers, performs many lifesaving programmes which governments should but don’t and because of some or a bunch of bad apples, they are apparently not worthy of support in their necessary and valuable services to mankind.

Oh I suppose spitting in their stupid faces would reduce me to their level, maybe just a good firm kidney punch. Idiots.
We're run by the hard right christian element more at home burning books than running rugby clubs

The church exists for one purpose and that's for someone to get rich. It relies on volunteer sheep giving time effort and money

No wonder UR are following this model with Logan at the helm

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Some front!

More and more that is becoming the exception rather than the rule, and at the same time wages are really down to a pittance in a lot of employers as they look to cut costs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Some front!

More and more that is becoming the exception rather than the rule, and at the same time wages are really down to a pittance in a lot of employers as they look to cut costs.
Tories said they would ban it ...
Like they would ban letting fees and rehome Grenfell survivors

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote: Totally agree, it’s bordering on arrogant enough to think that someone would feel ‘privileged’ enough to come in and this for free.

Some front!

Tories said they would ban it ...
Like they would ban letting fees and rehome Grenfell survivors

In fairness I have heard some of the Grenfell survivors are holding out for higher grade accommodation than they were ever used too and are very happy to stay in hotels until they get what they want.
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Obviously designed for some young guy already at Uni and doing a Sports Degree.. maybe someone on the fringes of the Academy who isn't going to make it.. in saying that I don't how many of those guys are actually doing Sports related courses.

UR use and appreciate their volunteers I recall a friend of mine who had retired being asked to bring some of his experience to help with a development program.. He volunteered and was brought in to run through the program then provided with all the material he would need but asked to shadow for the first one/two visits... 12 months later not a single visit and when he started pushing for an explanation he was told he wouldn't be required and was sorry for his time being wasted.. he still has the program material and indeed was curious whether they had ever gone ahead behind his back or whether he was simply part of a 12 month tick box exercise to bluff the IRFU on...

I know another volunteer who was assigned one event and handed a load of kit.. track tops, bottoms, t-shirts and weatherproof jackets.. so off they went and did a good job, well received and covered all bases.. never been asked back again. they seem happy with volunteers in some roles and not so much in others... but hey they can employ a Spirit Officer..

I on the other hand have studied Sports Psychology at the University of Ulster (much in the same way others have studied law at Manchester)
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I’m sure you are right Cockers, but I’m saying this for the first time ever. If you have an injury record like Ulster’s over the last 5-10 years is it prudent to have learners in the programme or should they not look at protecting their assets to the best of their ability.

It reminds me of a trip to the 7 Barbers when I was 9, they let lose an apprentice who try as he would could not get anything approximating to a straight line across the back, he tried and tried until eventually I ended up like yer man from Peaky feckin’ Blinders. The following day was the one and only time I ever point blank refused to go to school to be asked, did you get a free pair of knickers with that?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cockatrice wrote:Obviously designed for some young guy already at Uni and doing a Sports Degree.. maybe someone on the fringes of the Academy who isn't going to make it.. in saying that I don't how many of those guys are actually doing Sports related courses.

UR use and appreciate their volunteers I recall a friend of mine who had retired being asked to bring some of his experience to help with a development program.. He volunteered and was brought in to run through the program then provided with all the material he would need but asked to shadow for the first one/two visits... 12 months later not a single visit and when he started pushing for an explanation he was told he wouldn't be required and was sorry for his time being wasted.. he still has the program material and indeed was curious whether they had ever gone ahead behind his back or whether he was simply part of a 12 month tick box exercise to bluff the IRFU on...

I know another volunteer who was assigned one event and handed a load of kit.. track tops, bottoms, t-shirts and weatherproof jackets.. so off they went and did a good job, well received and covered all bases.. never been asked back again. they seem happy with volunteers in some roles and not so much in others... but hey they can employ a Spirit Officer..

I on the other hand have studied Sports Psychology at the University of Ulster (much in the same way others have studied law at Manchester)
Spirit Officer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999