Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Contract situation

Post by Snipe Watson »

bangorboy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Can we not just expel Hond in response to the Russian attack..

One of our poorest signings ever in my opinion and no matter who signed him someone should have just said no that Is it they are entitled to say no.
I see your Hond and raise you Ruaraidh Murphy... that cockwomble even went legal in Australia before we take ok him on as he wanted to be eligible for wallabies. Best we got out of him was two years of half time photos with the minis.
He's another inexplicable outrage of a signing. He was very obviously useless when he was in Australia.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

bangorboy wrote:

One of our poorest signings ever in my opinion and no matter who signed him someone should have just said no that Is it they are entitled to say no.
I see your Hond and raise you Ruaraidh Murphy... that cockwomble even went legal in Australia before we take ok him on as he wanted to be eligible for wallabies. Best we got out of him was two years of half time photos with the minis.
I recall being advised after one of the Honds first training sessions with us (by someone in the know ie on the pitch) that the first impression was he is worse that Murphy.. why did Kiss or Bryn not see that before they signed him. Now of course he will come back and prove us all wrong.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
bangorboy wrote:

I recall being advised after one of the Honds first training sessions with us (by someone in the know ie on the pitch) that the first impression was he is worse that Murphy.. why did Kiss or Bryn not see that before they signed him. Now of course he will come back and prove us all wrong.
Have you forgotten? That was discussed at the ST briefing.
MARB
Novice

Post by MARB »

Christ thinking about all of our pi$h poor signings over the last few years really would turn the wisest of fools to the Devil’s Buttermilk...

Just off the top of my head:

Raaymakers
Ruaraidh Murphy
Dave Ryan
Tim Boys
Mike Stanley
Hond
Arno Botha (stretching for that one)

I would guesstimate a total of 4 caps between all of the above?
"I would never bow to the knees of an opponent. I was never prepared to give second best to him and I'm sure that is the trait of a true Ulsterman."

Willie John McBride
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
UR13IRFU wrote:HALL has looked very impressive when playing for Hinch, loves to put in a few big hits. Wonder does it have anything to do with the fact that Wardys son Zac has been looking very good over the last few games. Should have had about 4 tried on Saturday
Considering Zac doesn't really seem to be on the Ulster radar in the same way, and isn't a 7, I'd say not.
Ward is sub academy I think but may be wrong
Yup, and his da said to me that if Zac got an opportunity at another academy he should consider taking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

nonplussed wrote:
breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
UR13IRFU wrote:HALL has looked very impressive when playing for Hinch, loves to put in a few big hits. Wonder does it have anything to do with the fact that Wardys son Zac has been looking very good over the last few games. Should have had about 4 tried on Saturday
Considering Zac doesn't really seem to be on the Ulster radar in the same way, and isn't a 7, I'd say not.
Yup, and his da said to me that if Zac got an opportunity at another academy he should consider taking it

Zac will probably end up at Munster academy then senior Munster team and then get capped by Ireland.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

nonplussed wrote:
breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Assuming that is on the condition he won't get a spot in the Ulste academy next year, which he certainly should given his form for Ballynahinch, in which case not giving him a spot would be more damning on UR than anything else
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Just to mention Zack Ward made the bench for the A team in their last friendly against Munster [which Ulster won] so he's definitely on the radar. Hopefully he gets more chances.
There certinly seems to be a fair crop of back rowers coming through with Hall, Agnew and McCartney at 7, Jones, Rea jr, Dunleavy and Allison at 6/8. Theres probably a couple more I'm missing. Hopefully some of them can make the step up.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Contract situation

Post by nonplussed »

breakdown wrote:
nonplussed wrote:
breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Assuming that is on the condition he won't get a spot in the Ulste academy next year, which he certainly should given his form for Ballynahinch, in which case not giving him a spot would be more damning on UR than anything else
It was in reference to moving on if a different club/academy came for him despite an offer from Ulster. He said there are many better academies than Ulster’s

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:
bangorboy wrote:

I am honestly still struggling to believe that the Hond is as utterly shyte as he has appeared to be since joining us. I saw him play in a few games last season in super rugby and given how awful our props (bar the worcester-bound baldy barista) have been this season, he cannot have become so much worse.
I very much doubt he is the worth the money we paid or ever will be, but surely in a team of such average props, he can make some kind of contribution?

We are stuck with him, but let’s hope we get something more out of him next season.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Enough skin to make about four good sized ladies handbags! At least the bags could carry stuff.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Trying to keep track of the comings and goings, can anyone add

Confirmed gone.....
Charlie Piutau (NIQ)
Tommy Bowe
Paul Marshall
Callum Black
Paddy Jackson
Stuart Olding
Callum Patterson

Rumoured going.....
Jared Payne
Andrew Trimble
Wiehan Herbt - heard this yesterday, any truth?
Rodney Ah You - haven't heard mention of an extension, believe his contract is up
Peter Nelson - cannot find information

Coming in......
Marty Moore
Nordie Murphy
Will Addison
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Where is Patterson off to?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Where is Patterson off to?

I was told yesterday Cornish Pirates
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Jackie Brown wrote:Where is Patterson off to?

The Cornish Pasties

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.