Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Contract situation

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:is Wilson still going to the US?
His end of season interview said he would be going sometime next year due to baby being due in Sept.
Sarge off to the States???????????????? Houl' on I thought he was retiring FFFS. Why are we letting him go, he was sensational in thon doffing of the Mexicans? This is ridiculous, 4 more years, 4 more years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

WTF is the story with the outstanding contracts? Bit buzzard to still not bounce anything, unless agents are playing hardball and things really aren't done and dusted?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Eggs wrote:WTF is the story with the outstanding contracts? Bit buzzard to still not bounce anything, unless agents are playing hardball and things really aren't done and dusted?
Hmmm doubt that.

Announcement should be soon. IRFU maybe letting dust settle after what's happened earlier on in year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

kingofthehill wrote:
Eggs wrote:WTF is the story with the outstanding contracts? Bit buzzard to still not bounce anything, unless agents are playing hardball and things really aren't done and dusted?
Hmmm doubt that.

Announcement should be soon. IRFU maybe letting dust settle after what's happened earlier on in year.
Always hard to judge the tone of words, of course but this sounds ominous to me.

Trimble not going the way of Donnacha Ryan, surely?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Didn't someone say he has signed a new 2yr deal.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Neil F wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Hmmm doubt that.

Always hard to judge the tone of words, of course but this sounds ominous to me.

I thiught a new 2 yr deal for him was already confirmed.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neil F wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Hmmm doubt that.

Possibly why there is a delay in announcing Trimble.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Didn't someone say he has signed a new 2yr deal.
He has signed for 2 years, one-half of which is central, t'other he's apparently an Ulsterman.

I too find it bizarre that there are several players who we hear have been contracted but no announcement made, that others are apparently "let go" but we are not yet told.

eg, Callum Black, prop or baldy barista ? I'd plump for the latter but don't know
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'll reserve judgement till I get a cup of whatever he's making.

May be some time though as I am normally in the area on a Monday and they dont get out of bed on a Monday
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/39901.php#.WTgjHOoo9nE

His Ma is from skin town. Never heard of him but I'm choosing to be outraged. Did we at least speak to him? Do we have a file on him?

There is no alternative to p.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Didn't someone say he has signed a new 2yr deal.
He has signed for 2 years, one-half of which is central, t'other he's apparently an Ulsterman.

I too find it bizarre that there are several players who we hear have been contracted but no announcement made, that others are apparently "let go" but we are not yet told.

eg, Callum Black, prop or baldy barista ? I'd plump for the latter but don't know
Okay Baggy, here you are:

Those leaving (or no further contract) are:
Allan Clarke, Neil Doak, Ruan Pienaar, Roger Wilson, Franco V D Merwe, Dan Tuohy, Angus Lloyd, Sam Windsor, Ricky Lutton, Callum Black, Steven Mulholland, John Donnan, Conor Joyce, Mark Best, Lorcan Dow, Johnny Murphy.

Those arriving:
Jonno Gibbes, Dwayne Peel, Aaron Dundon, Schalck V D Merwe, Jean Deysel, John Cooney.

Academy:
R Butler, P Cooper, A Clarke (different person), A Curtis, M Dalton, J Dunleavy, A Hall, J Hume, G Jones, M Lowry, J McCusker, A McBurney, Z McCall, E O'Sullivan, T O'Toole, Marcus Rea, J Regan, J Stewart, N Timoney.

You have been helped!
Bo***cks to Brexit
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I know we need quality, but there's a larger quantity leaving. Are they counting Schalck Van Der Merwe as four?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Is Alex Thompson leaving?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:Is Alex Thompson leaving?
Yes NZ I heard.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:Is Alex Thompson leaving?
Yes NZ I heard.

Feck he is really moving out then, can't go much further
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best