Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Contract situation

Post by Dave »

Damo has it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

No

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

STFU then.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Port Elizabeth - Munster and the Irish Rugby Football Union have announced the signing of flank Chris Cloete and lock Gerbrandt Grobler.
I thought we were the ones short in these positions?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They have no SID. We've a better squad now.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

I'm not sure where the discussion on the advisability of signing Stringer was but I recall that the majority thought him too old. Just seen he has signed for Worcester on a 6 month contract.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

waggonsroll wrote:I'm not sure where the discussion on the advisability of signing Stringer was but I recall that the majority thought him too old. Just seen he has signed for Worcester on a 6 month contract.

At 39, presumably he's a break glass option / injury cover. Might be looking for a bit of a bridge into coaching.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

solidarity wrote:
waggonsroll wrote:I'm not sure where the discussion on the advisability of signing Stringer was but I recall that the majority thought him too old. Just seen he has signed for Worcester on a 6 month contract.

At 39, presumably he's a break glass option / injury cover. Might be looking for a bit of a bridge into coaching.
Stringer possesses as good as pass as you will ever see. If you want a 9 to just pass the ball reliably behind a dominant pack, he's always been a good option. If you want a 9 to offer anything else in attack he isn't now, nor was he ever the man you want.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
solidarity wrote:

Stringer possesses as good as pass as you will ever see. If you want a 9 to just pass the ball reliably behind a dominant pack, he's always been a good option. If you want a 9 to offer anything else in attack he isn't now, nor was he ever the man you want.
He would still be our second choice scrumhalf.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
solidarity wrote:

ye think?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
solidarity wrote:

ye think?
Based on the depressing nature of our reserves at scrumhalf, yes.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
solidarity wrote:

If so I s'pose we could offer him 5 minutes off the bench each week?

Wouldn't want to over do it in case he faced burn-out.

sorry, I misread 39 for 19. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Rory Scholes released by Edinburgh.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Thelaw
Steward