Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract situation

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Just on the case of Spirit Officer and setting the fun title aside... if not mistaken a similar role was also created at both Munster and Leinster both and advertised openly on the IRFU website... but not at Ulster.. some might have a view that this was systematic of UR and its preference for jobs for the boys and indeed girls without the need to advertise them in accordance with if nothing else best practice... so what if the best person for the job comes from Cork or indeed England but if jobs aren't being advertised then it feeds back into the inward looking little province that we are..

I know of at least one other person given a job with UR in which the criteria was structured to ensure that someone with what was an outdated qualification was favoured... even persons with the then current updated qualification were turned down for not having the said old qualification.. this of course also meant that the person getting the job was able to move from their then current job (also interestingly with UR) to this new job.. somewhat convenient because that job had just been terminated due to its funding being stopped by DCAL.... this is not how a professional organisation works.
https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-right ... employment

If someone was being made redundant and UR had a role for which they were suitable and qualified they would be obliged to try to redeploy them there or else face a possible suit for unfair dismissal.
Does that work for DCAL funded jobs as well... So if offered a DCAL funded position with UR on say a 12 month contract are you saying that on expiry of said funding that UR then have an obligation to find me another job within the organisation?

Elsewhere I know they had a few employment cases settled..

As for the new IRFU position of Spirit Officer I must therefore assume that neither Leinster or Munster had anyone that they felt obligation to re-house in an other job to avoid being taken to task..
The source of the funding is neither there nor there. UR cannot make a person redundant and then instantly create a new post for which that person would have been suitable. I believe constructive dismissal is the term.
and so they must re-employ said person and retain him/her in a new job.. and presumably repeat the process when funding runs out for that job and so forth... Do UR not have an obligation to advertise any jobs? can they just keep employing the same people funded job after funded job no matter how different that job might be....

Just asking because I am no expert and as someone who was recently retired and took a 12 month contracted job last year to keep his mind active I just found out that if I wanted to return this year I would and could re-apply again because my contract had expired. I will now be writing to said employer demanding that I be given this job back because they must re-employ me.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Just on the case of Spirit Officer and setting the fun title aside... if not mistaken a similar role was also created at both Munster and Leinster both and advertised openly on the IRFU website... but not at Ulster.. some might have a view that this was systematic of UR and its preference for jobs for the boys and indeed girls without the need to advertise them in accordance with if nothing else best practice... so what if the best person for the job comes from Cork or indeed England but if jobs aren't being advertised then it feeds back into the inward looking little province that we are..

I know of at least one other person given a job with UR in which the criteria was structured to ensure that someone with what was an outdated qualification was favoured... even persons with the then current updated qualification were turned down for not having the said old qualification.. this of course also meant that the person getting the job was able to move from their then current job (also interestingly with UR) to this new job.. somewhat convenient because that job had just been terminated due to its funding being stopped by DCAL.... this is not how a professional organisation works.
https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-right ... employment

If someone was being made redundant and UR had a role for which they were suitable and qualified they would be obliged to try to redeploy them there or else face a possible suit for unfair dismissal.
Does that work for DCAL funded jobs as well... So if offered a DCAL funded position with UR on say a 12 month contract are you saying that on expiry of said funding that UR then have an obligation to find me another job within the organisation?

Elsewhere I know they had a few employment cases settled..

As for the new IRFU position of Spirit Officer I must therefore assume that neither Leinster or Munster had anyone that they felt obligation to re-house in an other job to avoid being taken to task..
The source of the funding is neither there nor there. UR cannot make a person redundant and then instantly create a new post for which that person would have been suitable. I believe constructive dismissal is the term.
and so they must re-employ said person and retain him/her in a new job.. and presumably repeat the process when funding runs out for that job and so forth... Do UR not have an obligation to advertise any jobs? can they just keep employing the same people funded job after funded job no matter how different that job might be....

Just asking because I am no expert and as someone who was recently retired and took a 12 month contracted job last year to keep his mind active I just found out that if I wanted to return this year I would and could re-apply again because my contract had expired. I will now be writing to said employer demanding that I be given this job back because they must re-employ me.
A fixed term contract expiring and a source of funding ending are entirely different. It all depends on the terms of employment.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Is Jonny Davis on a contract and if so how long and when is it due to expire? also is the young lad of the same surname who helps out in the Academy, any relation?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:Is Jonny Davis on a contract and if so how long and when is it due to expire? also is the young lad of the same surname who helps out in the Academy, any relation?
Interesting question. I can't imagine he's on a time bound contract.
You would imagine that his department's performance is included in the review.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

that should read young lady and not lad....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Biggest question now. What about Henderson?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I wonder is the big fella waiting to see how other events with his besties pan out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I thought Rodney was signed on a two year deal, as that’s the length of time it takes him to decimate a province’s food stores. Maybe I’m wrong but I was hoping his time was up, the rotund female had exercised her vocal chords and never again would my p1sh be boiled at the sight of that lump lumbering around in an ill fitting Ulster jersey.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Show your Tender side: think of the redundancies at KFC when he departs. The store might even have to close FFS.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

No wonder his name means "The Locust", although that's completely made up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Throw the redundant workers in the fryer. Give Rodders a proper family bucket.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

So with Hendo and best signed up, who’s left to be accounted for?

Cave, Trimble, who else?

Apparently McPhillips is off?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rodney
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

If McPhillips is off is that a sign the 2 wabs are staying put with Olding as back up 10 to PJ. McPhillips doesn’t see where he’ll get game time or fit in.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Hall to Edinburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.