UAFC Ask the Oppo - Glasgow - ANSWERS (Part 1) P3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

UAFC Ask the Oppo - Glasgow - ANSWERS (Part 1) P3

Post by Loki »

having put Edinburgh away (eventually) with a bonus point and much grumbling thereafter, a second lot of Scots arrives. standard Ask the Oppo drill - questions will be collected here and taken to the Glasgow forum on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

There's no doubting the Warriors have identified themselves as the team to beat so far - continuing their impressive development over the last few years, they're starting to look like the impressive Pro 12 team whilst others lose their way. For Ulster, it's the first game of the season against proper table-top contenders and a possible chance to see where we're at in a massive few weeks at home and in Europe. hopefully this week we'll get a slightly livelier response as the Warriors forum looks in good nick.

any thoughts / feedback on the ATO format are always appreciated - thinking of a possible podcast later in the year. if anyone has any (sensible) contributions fire away! :fleg:
Last edited by Loki on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC Ask the Opposition - Glasgow Warriors

Post by Russ »

Feck weegies
Independence loving fecktards

I want no part of them
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:Feck weegies
Independence loving fecktards

I want no part of them
I very much doubt the rugby supporting demographic were responsible for the 'yes' vote in Glasgow. :lol:
I quite like the Weegies.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Should Scotland be an independent country?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Russ wrote:Should Scotland be an independent country?
Well that will test my theory!!!
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Can Glasgow take their excellent form in the Pro12 a step further and make it to the knockout stages in Europe?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

What do you think are the reasons behind Glasgow's good form in the Pro12 and poorer form in the HEC? (2nd, 3rd, 4th vs 5 wins out of 18 over the same period)

Glasgow's attendances have increased steadily over the last few years. What do you think the potential for future growth is?

From the outside anyway, Glasgow is perceived as a city dominated by fitba'. What chance does rugby have in making inroads into this dominance?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Are they happy with Scotstoun as their home - capacity c7,000 in a residential area with no parking in the near vicinity and a running track round the pitch (seems to be an essential in Scotland!)? Are there any viable alternatives, especially since the Commonwealth games improvements? Where would they play a Pro 12 final, if they get a home final?
Bo***cks to Brexit
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What do they wear under their kilts?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

The Hogg rumours over the summer. Discuss?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Are the Weegie folk as impressed by Gregor Townsend as I am? I seem to recall some irritation when the previous incumbent was "let go" but under Gregor, Weegies have changed from a hard to beat team of spoilers to a very good team who play some superb rugby.

What's it like to have the best coach in the Pro12 by quite some distance?

Are there any factors other than Gregor Townsend in Weegies improvement?

Will Gregor eventually lead Scotland to her destiny as an independent nation once all the feart basturds & scaredie old folk cash in their chips and their leave the stage.

Is it true Gregor is in line to be the next James Bond?

Does Gregor think that Hogg is a cocky wee bawbeg?

Why are the chuubes from Auld Reekie a pile o'keek compared to Weegies? Gregor by any chance?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Has Tommy Seymour lost his accent?

How much is a Freddo?

Are you in awe of our TV deal?
KevDP4L
Novice

Post by KevDP4L »

Any insight as to why Carlin Isles didn't manage to make any real impact during his brief spell with Glasgow? Did he just not take to the 15-a-side game or was there anything more to it?

I also remember reading during the summer that you signed Canadian 7s star Connor Braid on a short-term deal. Anyone know how he's been getting on and if he's likely to get a longer deal?

Unless I'm reading too much into it, these signings seem to suggest that Townsend thinks that 7s players might adapt well Glasgow's fast, dynamic brand of rugby. Do any of you think this is a signing policy that could yield success for Glasgow or would you be happier recruiting established 15s players instead?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Is there much of a relationship between the professional team and the amateur rugby clubs in their area?
In Ireland the four provinces are clearly defined areas, how does this compare in Scotland and the two professional teams? Do players have regional loyalty to their teams or would a promising player from say Edinburgh simply take the best offer between Glasgow and Edinburgh?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Do players have regional loyalty to their teams or would a promising player from say Edinburgh simply take the best offer between Glasgow and Edinburgh?
But of course they would - they're all Saffers, after all :stir:
Bo***cks to Brexit