UAFC Ask the Opposition - Cardiff Blues - ANSWERS P4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

UAFC Ask the Opposition - Cardiff Blues - ANSWERS P4

Post by Loki »

evening all,

the last Ask the Opposition went far more successfully that I'd imagined - Scarlets fans more than rose to the challenge and gave cracking answers & fresh perspectives on everything we posed.

I plan to do a Zebre one for the away game at the end of the month; before that, however, we've another trip to Wales to face Cardiff Blues.Again - I'd be very grateful if people on here would like to contribute questions to the Cardiff fans in the lead up to this weekend - I'll take a selection on to their forum Tuesday/Wednesday or so.

There'll be a natural crossover with some of the WRU / RRW questions; but anything that you think would make for good debate / queries I'll be happy to take over.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any questions you can provide! :fleg:
Last edited by Loki on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC Ask the Opposition - Cardiff Blues v Ulster

Post by Rooster »

What do they think of the Warburton deal now that he can actually play
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

How happy are they with their pitch?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Do they think Gareth Anscombe's comments regarding his father's departure from Ulster were ill-judged?
What sort of reception do they think he will get if he plays at Ravenhill later in the season?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

What do they think of the arrival of Mark Hammett and their new signings over the summer?

Do they see the top four as a reasonable target this season even with so many changes?

What do they think of Gareth Owen's comments that only Welsh-born players should play for Wales?

Is BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park too much of a mouthful for the average supporter? :lol: Seriously though, what do they think of the sponsorship deal?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cardiff City FC can sell out a 33,000 capacity stadium week in week out, but Cardiff Blues only average around 8,000 in a country where rugby is the supposed number one sport. Highest priced season ticket @ £250 and terrace at £185 seems very reasonable at face value. What's the problem? What's the solution?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Uls9 - I can predict that one for you: Cardiff City are playing in the English league.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Do they have any idea who the next Ulster head coach will be?

Are they happy with the new European setup, and how much are they looking forward to never facing a top European side outside the Pro12 and LV ever again?
Last edited by OneMore on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:Uls9 - I can predict that one for you: Cardiff City are playing in the English league.
:lol: brilliant :bowdown:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Judge Dredd
Site Moderator

Post by Judge Dredd »

Posts deleted to keep a really good thread on topic. Keep it related to the topic Citizens. :dredd:
"To protect and serve"
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

What's their take on the Adam Jones signing? I think he's so far over the hill he's in the valleys.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Given the expected answer to No9 question" do they really consider the Premiership is an English league when the best teams are full of foreigners ?"

Given the vested interest of the Championship Rugby Clubs in the PRL do they consider that a combined English/Welsh league was ever going to receive approval of the English Rugby Union and also the approval of International Rugby Board.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Judge Dredd wrote:Posts deleted to keep a really good thread on topic. Keep it related to the topic Citizens. :dredd:

I really want to see what that post was now :shock:
It's the hope that kills you.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BR wrote:Uls9 - I can predict that one for you: Cardiff City are playing in the English league.
>appl

For Cardiff fans:

Do you think your management will strategically prioritise your Pro12 campaign over your European campaign, in order to be in a better position for Europe next year?
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anybody know where Xavier Rush is these days & did he regret not moving to Ulster after Cardiff's alarming slump immediately after he pulled out of the Ulster contract?

Do they see any chance of Halfpenny & Roberts returning to Wales any time soon and would they be confident they would want to go to Cardiff?

After the schisms of the last 18-24 months, Wales & the Regions seem uncertain about what they actually want, as fans are they committed to making the best of the PRO12 or do they still hanker after the PRL? And secondly do they see the strides Glasgow have made in recent seasons & understand what you can do in our league if you commit to it?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.