Any word on the Academy?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Encouraging that the majority of our representation is in the forwards.

Angus Curtis if not injured would have made it and Mike Lowry had he managed any rugby this year should have been there.

Nine would have been correct representation.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Encouraging that the majority of our representation is in the forwards.

Angus Curtis if not injured would have made it and Mike Lowry had he managed any rugby this year should have been there.

Mike Lowry has been fit to play in the back end of the season
D4 told Banbridge not to play him

Wonder who D4 are pushing at 10 instead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Russ wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Encouraging that the majority of our representation is in the forwards.

Good to see that the results of the past 3-4 years work of this Academy system is working better than the=previous attempts, very encouraging, I believe young Lowry’s lack of game time was his only obstacle . Stop the D4 hate us paranoia Russ, that’s a good boy.

Out of the 7 going I would suspect that all are starters , what a great place to be in.

Agnew to me is a great talent and a real work horse , not massive but a engine on him like no other.
Available for weddings May to August only
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TheSnapper wrote:
Russ wrote:

Good to see that the results of the past 3-4 years work of this Academy system is working better than the=previous attempts, very encouraging, I believe young Lowry’s lack of game time was his only obstacle . Stop the D4 hate us paranoia Russ, that’s a good boy.

Out of the 7 going I would suspect that all are starters , what a great place to be in.

Agnew to me is a great talent and a real work horse , not massive but a engine on him like no other.
Except it's not paranoia ...

Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Jonathan Bradley and Rúaidhrí O'Connor

May 22 2018 2:30 AM

Ulster have lined up a replacement for Paddy Jackson but it remains unclear if the IRFU will approve the deal.

Springbok out-half Elton Jantjies is top of the list for the northern province who appear unlikely to land Joey Carbery from Leinster.

Indeed, Munster have come into the picture as a potential destination for the Athy man who has yet to make a final decision on his future, but is thought to favour remaining at his home province for another year.

Any move for Jantjies would need approval from IRFU performance director David Nucifora who appears to be reluctant to sanction the deal as he favours moving Carbery north.

The Leinster starlet's hesitancy has seen the northern province go cold on the idea, particularly if he only commits to a one-year loan deal.

Jantjies (27) has played 23 times for his country and is seen as a playmaker in the mould of Christian Leali'ifano, who covered the position last season.

Irish Independent
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TheSnapper wrote:
Russ wrote:

If they all start, there would be an all Ulster backrow. With Doris (captain) and the excellent Jack O'Sullivan on the bench. Can't see it myself. It's worth noting that they often use Dalton as a 6.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dunleavy probably won't start, and I'd say it'll be Hall over Agnew.

We'll see about Stewart, he's more steady than O'Sullivan but I think isn't the same level of prospect and doesn't have the same spark. O'Donnell's one I think we're going to regret down the line.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

and the Academy improvement is all down to the CiC and him alone... question for anyone at the recent dinner did the Academy get much time on the 'best bits' if not mistaken a higher Irish representation at youth levels than for many years.. also did any of the Academy attend the dinner not sure I seen too many.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

We may have decent representation n the U20 World Cup squad, but from what I can see it’s only available on subscription to Eir sport who don’t operate in the north? Pretty sh1tty by IRFU is this is the case.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Anyone go to the A game yesterday?
Was it advertised?

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any word on the academy? You'd imagine the new lads would be at pre season......
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Maybe not till next month if not later, we'll be the last to announce our academy as always.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Any word on the academy? You'd imagine the new lads would be at pre season......
Could swear I saw most of them in with the Senior Squad according to photographs :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

School doesnt end until tomorrow

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:School doesnt end until tomorrow

And
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”