Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rob6
Initiate

Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Post by Rob6 »

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/10616.php

Allen Clarke, High Performance Manager with The Irish Rugby Football Union, is to leave the position to take up a similar role as Elite Performance Development Manager with Ulster Rugby...
The timing of the move will coincide with the IRFU appointing a suitable replacement. The IRFU will advertise immediately in Irish and International outlets for the position.
Commenting on the move Allen Clarke said:

‘It has been an honour and a privilege for me to have been involved in such a critical role for Irish Rugby over the past 5 years. I have worked with extraordinarily dedicated people across committees and team managements; but above all else so many of the young players I have come in contact with have been truly exceptional in their dedication and desire to progress to the highest levels.

‘Ulster Rugby has done extraordinary work, both on and off the field, to develop rugby in the Province and is positioned for further major growth and success in the coming years. I look forward to being a part of this dynamic unit and contributing to what will undoubtedly be an exciting time for Ulster Rugby’

Eddie Wigglesworth, IRFU Director of Rugby, said:

‘Allen has done a tremendous job of developing the age grade representative structure and, indeed, the entire elite player development pathway within Irish Rugby. The fruits of his work have been seen in the success of Ireland’s under age teams over the past number of years and, more particularly, in the number of talented young players who are coming through into the higher levels of the senior ranks. It is heartening to see he is staying within the Irish Rugby family and we wish him every success in his new career.’

David Humphreys, Director of Rugby at Ulster Rugby, in welcoming Allen Clarke’s move to Ulster, added:

‘We are delighted to welcome Allen to our High Performance Academy and look forward to him building on the superb work already undertaken by Gary Longwell. Ulster Rugby recognises the critical importance of investing in the future by developing talent from within and we have, and will continue to devote significant resources in terms of finance, facilities and personnel to this area.

'The team of Gary Longwell, Brian McLaughlin and now Allen Clarke will ensure that we deliver, and maintain, a world class High Performance Academy Programme which will be an integral part of delivering on Ulster Rugby’s ambitious targets.’
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Post by mikerob »

Is this good?

It seemed that Clarke got the shove as Ulster's forward coach under Mark McCall, and while they were working with different sets of players, the U20s under Clarke played puke rugby, while Ruddock seems to have them performing at a higher level.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I thought Longwell was High Performance manager or is he just to oversee the senior academy and Clarke is oversee all development from senior academy down to the regional under 16 squads?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jobs for the boys
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Was that the job that was advertised or is it an in house recruitment, we really do have a big academy staff pool. So should bode well for Ulster.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Is Elite Performance Development Manager not the role of Brian McLaughlin?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

I'm confused... who is the monkey and who is the organ-grinder here???
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:There are now a large number of "coaches", "Development personnel", "academy co-ordinators" or whatever.
Must be almost enough to have 1 on 1 training :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

First Academy management meeting is going to be a humdinger or hummingbird even :wink: I see trouble ahead unless there is something we have all missed . I may be wrong but there is a lot of ruthless personalities there, but if they all start singing if the same hymn sheet who knows :duck: it may work
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:First Academy management meeting is going to be a humdinger or hummingbird even :wink: I see trouble ahead unless there is something we have all missed . I may be wrong but there is a lot of ruthless personalities there, but if they all start singing if the same hymn sheet who knows :duck:
Are the UN on standby for a potential war Kofi ? :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UAFC Editor
Novice

Post by UAFC Editor »

Evening all! Hope I'm not intruding, but I find myself a little in the dark about what quite is afoot in the academy / underage setup. Who is the boss? Who reports to whom? Who does what? Should we be worried, or is everything under control???

If anybody has a steer, I'd be delighted to hear from you! PM me! :cowboy:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Maybe this just might be a hint to some that the whole Mclocks removal thing thing was rotten from the word go and a big pile of steaming poo from some
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UAFC Editor wrote:Evening all! Hope I'm not intruding, but I find myself a little in the dark about what quite is afoot in the academy / underage setup. Who is the boss? Who reports to whom? Who does what? Should we be worried, or is everything under control???

Clarke is in charge
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
UAFC Editor wrote:Evening all! Hope I'm not intruding, but I find myself a little in the dark about what quite is afoot in the academy / underage setup. Who is the boss? Who reports to whom? Who does what? Should we be worried, or is everything under control???

Clarke is in charge
What is Longwell then ?
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

A monkey?