Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Injury Update

Post by Tender »

Cheers Dave, that’s what it was. Our lot aren’t likely to be wearing blades. Probably have little sponge pimples on their booties so as not to injure and of our opponents delicate snowflakes.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Dave wrote:
Tender wrote:Has anyone looked at the players boots? I recall a few years back, FC Barcelona attributed knee injuries to a certain type of boots. They banned the wearing of them.
Those blade things were lethal.
Ice skates?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Addison lasts 8 mins in last game for Sale.

Dodgy hamstring
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

222toHounslow wrote:Addison lasts 8 mins in last game for Sale.

Dodgy hamstring
There has been some chat he is a walking injury, to be fair to him he started 17 games this season and 18 the season before and 23 season before according to Sale website.

Not a bad return for a pro rugby player given current attrition rates.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Dodgy hamstring
There has been some chat he is a walking injury, to be fair to him he started 17 games this season and 18 the season before and 23 season before according to Sale website.

He's had a broken toe and various other totally unrelated injuries.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Dodgy hamstring

can you provide a link... what I read was that after a good first season he then played 11 games over the following two seasons and then missed much of last season..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Dodgy hamstring

can you provide a link... what I read was that after a good first season he then played 11 games over the following two seasons and then missed much of last season..
http://www.salesharks.com/rugby/profile ... u-iExnTU0M

Look under playing history.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Deraless wrote:Aye, Matty Rea was in a knee brace and on crutches. Only injury from last night looked like Deysel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Matty's done knee ligaments as well (not ACL though) he'll be in a brace for another couple of months, out for another couple after that...

Seriously, is it just me, or do we ship a ridiculous number of knee ligament injuries???
..one more thing
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Ffs
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:
Deraless wrote:Aye, Matty Rea was in a knee brace and on crutches. Only injury from last night looked like Deysel?

Matty's done knee ligaments as well (not ACL though) he'll be in a brace for another couple of months, out for another couple after that...

Seriously, is it just me, or do we ship a ridiculous number of knee ligament injuries???
Yes, there are a lot of joint injuries in the game now for reasons already discussed, but we do seem to cop for more than our fair share.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Columbo wrote:

Not sure if you've read this article on knee injuries in the wendyball premier league? I had the same notion as you Columbo a while back so did some digging of my own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40679002

Average of 1.4 serious knee ligament injuries per team in the 2016/17 season, I've never been able to get much info on rugby.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Injuries happening on the paddock but in my opinion its the gym thats the cause. Fine lines would be the argument but no good when you're the wrong side of it again and again...
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Not sure if you've read this article on knee injuries in the wendyball premier league? I had the same notion as you Columbo a while back so did some digging of my own.

Average of 1.4 serious knee ligament injuries per team in the 2016/17 season, I've never been able to get much info on rugby.
interesting, and I know rugby will have a much higher incidence of all types of impact injury, but we seem to go 1.4 serious knee ligament injuries a month...
..one more thing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Not sure if you've read this article on knee injuries in the wendyball premier league? I had the same notion as you Columbo a while back so did some digging of my own.

interesting, and I know rugby will have a much higher incidence of all types of impact injury, but we seem to go 1.4 serious knee ligament injuries a month...
I read an article in the Sunday Times a few years ago that was specifically about rugby joint injuries. Too much muscle mass generating excessive stresses for the joints and surrounding structures to cope with was their conclusion. As far as I recall. A ticking time bomb before the concussion time bomb stole the show.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes the muscles get made bigger but the joints stay the same size.... but at the same time I think that everyone has a shelf life and some of our S&C has been around for 10 years if not mistaken.. maybe just maybe things have moved on and we need some new blood there as well.. out with the old ideas and in with the new..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU