Stade citings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

baldeagle09
Initiate

Re: Stade citings

Post by baldeagle09 »

Pretty damning. I would throw the book at him
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think both happened around the same time.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well as a Stade fan I should be able to speak for Dupuy and Attoub but I find it hard to find any excuse for the both of them. They are two fine players and I hope the comitte will not be to hard on them. But I feel something like 18 weeks coming. But first, let's hear what they have to say for themselves, this could be interesting.

I feel darn sorry it all happened.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

The fact that two did the same thing to the same player gives rise to the thought that it was a planned event...someone was out to get Ferris, and both tried! maybe to wind him up, and provoke some retaliation, or more seriously to force an injury and the removal of him from the game.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

This is debatable. I think we are only dealing with a case of sore losing, and losing one's temper.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:This is debatable. I think we are only dealing with a case of sore losing, and losing one's temper.
Yes, it may be debatable but it doesn't take a dummy to realise that Ferris (along with Botha) is a world class player and a talisman for this Ulster team
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Ze Stade Fan wrote
But first, let's hear what they have to say for themselves, this could be interesting.
What on earth could they possibly say to defend that behaviour, I'm all for supporting ones team but if an Ulster player was guilty of that I would be wanting the book thrown at him and the maximum ban imposed, nothing can justify this behaviour and the sooner, Unions, clubs, players and supporters alike understand this the better.....i for one I'm fed up with excuses for this cowardly behaviour, Stade should suspend the players NOW even before the hearing and send out a clear warning that this behaviour will not be tolerated.......

Ze Stade Fan wrote
They are two fine players and I hope the comitte will not be to hard on them
I hope the committee suspend them from all rugby for the maximum that can be given......
Last edited by scrum5 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

scrum5 wrote:Ze Stade Fan wrote
But first, let's hear what they have to say for themselves, this could be interesting.
What on earth could they possibly say to defend that behaviour, I'm all for supporting ones team but if an Ulster player was guilty of that I would be wanting the book thrown at him and the maximum ban imposed, nothing can justify this behaviour and the sooner, Unions, clubs, players and supporters alike understand this the better.....i for one I'm fed up with excuses for this cowardly behaviour, Stade should suspend the players NOW even before the hearing and send out a clear warning that this behaviour will not be tolerated.......
Fair enough, I too think Stade should suspend Dupuy. But let's not make his trial here, he'll be heard in due time by the ERC. He hasn't got a record or foul playing, maybe he has something to say that can shed light on his behaviour. However we both know he'll be condemned to more than the minimal sentence, for sure.
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

FFS!!! I thought the Dupuy incident was shocking on its own, but I didn't realise he had already been gouged by Atoub!! Absolutely disgusting! They're gonna get some serious bans!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Did anyone else standing on the Prom see Dupuy rake the eyes of Issac Boss in the first half it was similiar to Ferris' pulling the scrumcap backwards to expose the eyes......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Well as a Stade fan I should be able to speak for Dupuy and Attoub but I find it hard to find any excuse for the both of them. They are two fine players and I hope the comitte will not be to hard on them. But I feel something like 18 weeks coming. But first, let's hear what they have to say for themselves, this could be interesting.

Good post Ze Stade Fan at a personal level. Well measured in the circumstances. Some of the posters from here have been over the top (OTT) since your post however.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

cables wrote:
Ze Stade Fan wrote:Well as a Stade fan I should be able to speak for Dupuy and Attoub but I find it hard to find any excuse for the both of them. They are two fine players and I hope the comitte will not be to hard on them. But I feel something like 18 weeks coming. But first, let's hear what they have to say for themselves, this could be interesting.

Good post Ze Stade Fan at a personal level. Well measured in the circumstances. Some of the posters from here have been over the top (OTT) since your post however.
As they say in Munster "Go raibh mile maith agut". You should see on our forum, the dominant opinion is that silly Brennan Dupuy should be hanged without trial.
the fisherman
Novice

Post by the fisherman »

was watching sky sports news this morning.shaun edwards was on giving his views on the weekend games.when asked about this incident he said that the player/s involved should receive a lengthy ban.he said that a 12month ban would be just reward for his indiscresion. :evil:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Leave it to the Disciplinary process.

We are only at half-time in this reverse fixture and that is more important (IMO) to Ulster than what happens to 2 Stade players this week or next. The team need to keep their eyes on the ball and Ferris (also others?) could well do without travel to a hearing this week.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

cables wrote:Leave it to the Disciplinary process.

We are only at half-time in this reverse fixture and that is more important (IMO) to Ulster than what happens to 2 Stade players this week or next. The team need to keep their eyes on the ball and Ferris (also others?) could well do without travel to a hearing this week.
Amen. The game will be interestingly played on neutral ground. Most of the people coming on our side are from Northern France and Belgium where they know feck all about rugby. The true Stade supporters will be a minority in the stadium so there'll be an interesting vocal contest to go with the game. The hearings will come as a bonus to Ulster side, whatever the result of next match is.