Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by Dave »

The backrow is nothing without a solid tight 5 which we seem to have found.

Scarlets are not as good as last year, especially in the pack. There are bigger and badder packs out there but it's good to be able to compete with the Scarlets. Last year lesser sides beat us up.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Dublin4 wrote:The attendance last night, as seen on tv, looked RDS-esque as in when we are playing Dragons or Zebre.
What happened to your fans? They are not still boycotting?

Fantastic result for Ulster. Well done. Biblical rainfall in Dublin this afternoon so a bonus point win for us might be impossible in the conditions.
I know a few people who didn't renew their season tickets this year. In most of those cases it was a question of too many Saturday games this year, which they couldn't make because of work commitments. I also think there's a fair few have fallen off because Ulster have been so poor last couple of years. And yes, there has to be some who still feel aggrieved about Paddy and Stuart being slung out.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Spiffsson wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Hendo was immense, the guy is simply the dogs bôllocks
Hendo is a force of nature. He is not bulging with massively defined muscle like Etzebeth or Itoje, but he is immensely powerful. You can see the rucks shudder when he hits and he is so difficult to pull down on the carry. Great engine on him now too.
Both players were dominated by Hendo in test matches last season.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Like most I had Hendy as MOTM. Marcell possibly. It was a night for the forwards. Hendy has a wee side-step like a matador.

Massive step up in a lot of players, who looked like they had been phoning it in, for whatever reason.

Addison though makes defences fill their nappies. And I love the way the Nigels are whinging about him slipping though their fingers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

https://youtu.be/ICMwtPnlYOI

Last nights game.

Quality will improve once its fully processed.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:The attendance last night, as seen on tv, looked RDS-esque as in when we are playing Dragons or Zebre.
What happened to your fans? They are not still boycotting?

Fantastic result for Ulster. Well done. Biblical rainfall in Dublin this afternoon so a bonus point win for us might be impossible in the conditions.
It's very simple D4, your FIRFUCs have destroyed Ulster Rugby and many people have just packed it in. If your governing body systematically destroy your team, whilst guilty offenders in a range of Irish sport are allowed to continue with impunity without Warren Gatland becoming involved or Vodafuckingphone playing gender politics, not to mention the nappyshitters on Bakeface & Twatter.

You very obviously are incapable of understanding it, so go and ride your hand.

OK, one last attempt to educate you. When bigotted Dublinbastards make bigotted decisions because "it's only Nordies", then it's very disheartening.

12124 is a miserable attendance, no weather excuses, fu@k Christmas, Ulster Rugby is in a very serious position, put there to a large degree by Donal Spring and similarly disgusting individuals and it is going to get worse.

The team have outperformed my expectations, but the writing was on the wall when less than 7000 turned up for the playoff game.

Ulster Rugby, murdered by FIRFUCs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Hendo was immense, the guy is simply the dogs bôllocks
Hendo is a force of nature. He is not bulging with massively defined muscle like Etzebeth or Itoje, but he is immensely powerful. You can see the rucks shudder when he hits and he is so difficult to pull down on the carry. Great engine on him now too.
Both players were dominated by Hendo in test matches last season.
True, but by the same token, quite a few “lesser” players have dominated Hendy in test matches where he has not been great. When at his best he is absolutely superb, but he does still have quite a few games where he does not really show up, He’ll need to be more consistent to get a regular starting spot for Ireland, particularly given that Best and Cronin can struggle at lineout time without the reassuring presence of the beanpole Toner.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:Unfortunately I've not been able to see too many games of late, so I have a question.

Are we actually a decent team or

Were the Scarlets just pash?
Decent first XV, no strength in depth. Next week will tell a tale.
100% 222, we have a very good pack, if they are all there, we have absolutely no quality in most 2nd strength positions never mind beyond that. The backline is not much different, especially at 9.

As for Scaaaaaaaalets John E, I spoke to a Scaaaaaalet fan after the game and told him they were a different pack without Bierne & Barclay, "nail on the head" he said, they have lost most of their ball-winning players and the absence of Davies for much of the season hurts that even more.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:The backrow is nothing without a solid tight 5 which we seem to have found.

Scarlets are not as good as last year, especially in the pack. There are bigger and badder packs out there but it's good to be able to compete with the Scarlets. Last year lesser sides beat us up.
True as without a decent front 5 we wouldn’t be beating anyone bar the Saffers and Dragons plus some weakeend sides. However the backrow has been key in getting the big wins against a good Scarlets team over the past couple of weeks. As is usual with Ulster, we need to find some depth, as if you took out Marcel and Jordi I am not even sure who the next 2 cabs on the rank would be .
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Tomorrow’s results should give a much ckearer picture of which 2 groups are unlikely to provide 2 qualifiers for the last 8. I’d say the Munster group is already looking like a one team qualifier and that the Leinster group is oretty certain to see bith Toulouse and Leinster qualify. Glasgow also have a good chance of qualifying alongside Sarries if they can get 5 points at home to a Cardiff team which is out already.

The Leicester vs Racing game is an interesting one. A defeat would put the Tigers pretty much out and improve ulster’s chances of qualifying, but would significantly lessen ulster’s chances of winning the group. A tigers win would keep all 3 in the mix but would mean 2 wins should see ulster win the group and in all likelihood a home quarter final.

Now nobody wake me up please. I am enjoying this....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:The backrow is nothing without a solid tight 5 which we seem to have found.

True as without a decent front 5 we wouldn’t be beating anyone bar the Saffers and Dragons plus some weakeend sides. However the backrow has been key in getting the big wins against a good Scarlets team over the past couple of weeks. As is usual with Ulster, we need to find some depth, as if you took out Marcel and Jordi I am not even sure who the next 2 cabs on the rank would be .
Agreed. Things are all very well with this side but an injury or two will unravel things a fair bit. History has told us that the injuries will come.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: https://youtu.be/ICMwtPnlYOI

Last nights game.

Quality will improve once its fully processed.
Cheers Damo :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

As has been said many times IRFU, with Logan et al, treated Paddy and Stuart really badly. I have not been back to Ravers and have not renewed season tickets for myself or Mrs T. With the drop in attendance I assume there are quite a few like us.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I haven't been near the place since the game last year after which the boys were turfed. Feck em.

I harbour no ill feelings to Billy but it sums up Ulster. Ditch homegrown talent for blow in plastic paddies.

I don't think Billy is up to it btw

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

By my fag packet calculations if Newcastle and racing win today, then another 4 points would almost guarantee a play off place. Would take a few unlikely results to upset it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk