Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: Time to move on

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Deraless wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote: Ahh tom kite - I'm sick of Grumpy-proofing my posts.
It's not easy to Grumpy-proof a post. >ECNF
This?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yet another a ridiculous post!
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Shan wrote:
DWFinn wrote:Let RTE do what they want - barely anyone watches that tom kite. It’s small-town, low-budget crap.

Have you ever seen an RTE re-make of a popular gameshow? It’s like something filmed in a school hall in the early noughties.
:D I like it. Yer fairly on the ball there. They usually just try to copy English TV and do it very badly. That being said yer knowledge of it suggests that you are one of their viewers.....I'd suggest you should move on to the next available channel but Dave would probably call me out!
It's their own fault.
I pitched the games show idea "Tag the Taig" to them in which various contestants had to determine which participant kicked with the left foot through a series of questions and activities to be presented by Damien Duff.
Apparently it was 'Sectarian' so I suggested as a compromise "Prod the Prod" could be run alternative weeks.
They didn't want to know still but CH5 are looking to commission it in the Autumn.
Their loss.
A come on Liz, you'd only need to have Lady One Question from Banzai to ask them which school they went to. Could get monotonous, though obviously, the DUP would be all for it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

No Baggy not allowed that which would be ridiculous.
You might as well ask what church they went to.
It would be like "Through the keyhole" saying "who lives in Bonnie Langfords house?"
Not also allowed to mention the number tree either and no smelling permitted as that is a pure give away.

I pitched it as a sectarian type of version of celebrity squares.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I believe all the original tapes of Through the Keyhole were seized during Operation Yew Tree.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:RTE's comedy and sitcoms aren't bad.
Yes but most of the comedy shows are actually supposed to be serious.

Anyway RTE is only following BBC down to the depths. However they are just giving the public what they want .....like the painfully awful but much loved Mrs. Brown's Boys.

RTE Sports is still decent in large part. I like the hurling coverage and they were pretty good for the world cup. Also some of the homegrown stuff is decent. If they stuck to that and gave up on their attempts to ape the worst of the English they'd be a lot better off.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: It's their own fault.
I pitched the games show idea "Tag the Taig" to them in which various contestants had to determine which participant kicked with the left foot through a series of questions and activities to be presented by Damien Duff.
Apparently it was 'Sectarian' so I suggested as a compromise "Prod the Prod" could be run alternative weeks.
They didn't want to know still but CH5 are looking to commission it in the Autumn.
Their loss.

Sounds like a lot of fun but RTE generally concentrate on things which they think would interest folk in the 26 county state of Ireland.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan wrote:
Their loss.

Sounds like a lot of fun but RTE generally concentrate on things which they think would interest folk in the 26 county state of Ireland.
Dammit Shan I forgot there was no sectarianism in the South.
Please forgive me.
Incidently Mrs Brown's boys is about as funny as a Paedophile's to do list.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: Dammit Shan I forgot there was no sectarianism in the South.
Please forgive me.
No probs boss. Tis an easy mistake to make.....for a poor Ulsterman. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:No Baggy not allowed that which would be ridiculous.
It would be like "Through the keyhole" saying "who lives in Bonnie Langfords house?"
Not also allowed to mention the number tree either and no smelling permitted as that is a pure give away.

The answer to that Liz is, the ghosts of all the food she allowed to die uneaten. :shock:

Edit, Bejaysus, Mrs T has just told me that BL is appearing on Easternenders. FFFS, thought she died of malnutrition a decade or three back. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is Len Fairclough still alive?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Their loss.

Feck off Bogman, it's called the Republic of Ireland, not Ireland, ask anyone. It's to distinguish it from the occupied wee vile statlet of Northern Ireland, aka The 6 Counties, aka Shitehole Central.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Please forgive me.
I have every respect for Brendan O'Carroll, he's done bloody well for a man of so little talent. Anyway, there is at least one genuine laugh per series. :D
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

That RTE documentary series Fair City was good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:No Baggy not allowed that which would be ridiculous.

The answer to that Liz is, the ghosts of all the food she allowed to die uneaten. :shock:

Edit, Bejaysus, Mrs T has just told me that BL is appearing on Easternenders. FFFS, thought she died of malnutrition a decade or three back. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is Len Fairclough still alive?
You might have been mixing her up with Lena Zavarone, Baggy. I've done it myself on numerous occasions.

FYI, Yes, Len is as dead as a door post, died almost 20 years ago.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
Please forgive me.
I have every respect for Brendan O'Carroll, he's done bloody well for a man of so little talent. Anyway, there is at least one genuine laugh per series. :D
Must have missed it Baggy.
It's basically Terry and June with swearing.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mrs Brown’s Boys good old fashioned (ff)Brennan with sexual references which make PJ and SO seem like Boy Scouts .

Anyway me blow flutes up here not suck’em and then drown sound behind two dozen side drums and and a walking head banger .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist