New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: New CEO

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
BR wrote:or was it Stanley who led the assault on him?
Credit where it's due ... Cockers will tell ye that he led the assault on him?

(Stanley led the assault on Mike Reid .... allegedly)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm not sure of where this age thing gathered force, the fact is the ballix is a good 10 years and more short of Betty's OAP being available to him, probably a year or two more. As such surely he could yet be the youngest pope since that wee whippersnapper, JP Duck who was a mere 58 when he became Head of the Paedos.

Subsequently, the Romans have gone for two young lads in their mid-70s, enough of these foolish far right ideas, they want to be full-fat fascist again.

Meanwhile back at Ulster Head Gardener, the following was the UR release on it's website when he was appointed:
A graduate of Bangor Grammar School and Manchester University where he studied Law, Shane Logan has gained a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors.

His first senior position was as General Manager of the world famous Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders, based in Belfast, which was followed by his appointment as the Head of Coca-Cola for Central Russia. He is currently Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.

Aged 46 and married with two children, Mr. Logan has a wide range of sporting interests and still runs competitively. He has a lifelong commitment to the game of Rugby, having coached in his hometown club of Bangor and played for clubs in three different continents.

Commenting on the appointment, Cecil Watson, President of the IRFU (Ulster Branch) said: "The recruitment process attracted a high level of quality applicants for the position and was extremely competitive. Ulster Rugby is delighted to have secured the appointment of someone with such a range and depth of experience, and Shane will bring many levels of expertise to the position."

Commenting on his appointment Shane Logan said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby. I look forward to helping all parts of the game achieve their full potential and to Ulster Rugby playing a leading role in both Irish and International Rugby."

Mr. Logan will not be available for media interviews until he formally takes up his role as Chief Executive in the New Year.
Now let's play a game of spot the falsehoods/ exaggerations and then ask: did nobody check any of the claims before issuing the above as gospel? Any wonder many of us take leave to question the veracity of the Holy feckin' Bible and it's constantly conflicting bullshit?

Interestingly, the last line was to become a common theme, sadly much too late in the day.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:

I trust young fellow that you are not trying to blame the venerable Cables for bringing Magic Mike down and by consequence, landing us with Terry.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:

Who was it who, one night at RUC, made the mistake of 'correcting' Stanley on where Ulster were currently ranked?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:

I trust young fellow that you are not trying to blame the venerable Cables for bringing Magic Mike down and by consequence, landing us with Terry.
Don't be ridiculous -it was a different Stanley - some around these parts will remember who ... and why ... and perhaps even when. The venerable cables certainly would, if he were still among us. >EW

Not that that particular assault was successful though, but some might say it was merely one battle in the war.

BTW - am fully aware of SL's vintage - and was still taking that into account when considering the time taken to ordination.

However, as has been pointed out, perhaps ordination was not what was intended by the original poster, but I would still be surprised by any other meaning of the word ministry, unless perhaps in its very loosest meaning. Who knows? :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:

Don't be ridiculous -it was a different Stanley - some around these parts will remember who ... and why ... and perhaps even when. The venerable cables certainly would, if he were still among us. >EW

Not that that particular assault was successful though, but some might say it was merely one battle in the war.

BTW - am fully aware of SL's vintage - and was still taking that into account when considering the time taken to ordination.

However, as has been pointed out, perhaps ordination was not what was intended by the original poster, but I would still be surprised by any other meaning of the word ministry, unless perhaps in its very loosest meaning. Who knows? :shock:
Of course, you could simply have said, "no not Cables" but where would the fun be in that?

Pretty sure your last bit might have worked as well if not better had you written "who cares?" but then where would the fun be in that, eh?

I assumed he would turn up in a pulpit somewhere as a lay preacher, or even one like the asshole I had to endure on the twelfth of July down in Pickie Park in Bangor on Sea, giving it plenty into an overly loud bullhorn, having absolutely no consideration for people, ignorantbastard
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shane ‘Lyin’ Logan just spotted heading into the Grand Central restaurant, suited and booted with black leather portfolio under one arm. I’m eating there myself later on, may try to launch a bread roll at his bonce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Columbo wrote:Shane ‘Lyin’ Logan just spotted heading into the Grand Central restaurant, suited and booted with black leather portfolio under one arm. I’m eating there myself later on, may try to launch a bread roll at his bonce

actually lol it’s just his doppelganger who appears to be the restaurant manager :lol:

As you were

..one more thing
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Heard a rumour he was a "lay" preacher.

Anyway in his new church he signed an organist based on an old YouTube clip of them playing some Handel. Turns out they're now crippled with arthritis and are about Grade 1 piano standard.

The next one he signed tripped on a choir stall on their first day and did an ACL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:Heard a rumour he was a "lay" preacher.

Anyway in his new church he signed an organist based on an old YouTube clip of them playing some Handel. Turns out they're now crippled with arthritis and are about Grade 1 piano standard.

The next one he signed tripped on a choir stall on their first day and did an ACL.

Both saffers I presume.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

horslips wrote:https://4cexecutive.com/job/ceo-ulster-rugby/

So the search begins?
What is remarkable is that the full details of the post will only be available later

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:Heard a rumour he was a "lay" preacher.

Both saffers I presume.
Most Fijians are Methodists. He's finally achieved world denomination :thumleft: >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

waggonsroll wrote:
horslips wrote:https://4cexecutive.com/job/ceo-ulster-rugby/

So the search begins?
What is remarkable is that the full details of the post will only be available later

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
No mention of a highlights reel?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

For about 3 years I was a Rhythm Methodist. Now I have 4 kids. All wee steps and stairs.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mike was a decent man trapped by age , in a job whose role changed beyond recognition in a few years . When those who came to matches rose from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand to five figures in a very short period of time and under pressure in a situation of indecision regarding the future of Ravenhill.

And supporter expectation was beyond the player resources available .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist