Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Polly Cotton
Novice

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Polly Cotton »

Working away I believe
You may know my sister, Dot
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Polly Cotton wrote:Working away I believe
With us?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Say what Polly?
:scratch: :scratch: I got nathin'.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fact or figment Polly? If he's "working away" I'm assuming he's working away in Scotland until I hear otherwise.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Fact or figment Polly? If he's "working away" I'm assuming he's working away in Scotland until I hear otherwise.
Is 'working away' not a euphemism for 'in prison'?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Is 'working away' not a euphemism for 'in prison'?
3 year stretch with Ulster Rugby
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Say what Polly?
:scratch: :scratch: I got nathin'.
Dan the man is already in place and working here... just don't tell the Scots.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I see in today's Sunday Times that they are expecting a bit of a rough ride at the AGM for the SRU from their clubs, one of the questions likely to to raised is why they have two International Forwards Coaches currently on their books and being paid, why have they not released McFarland ?
It is alright to stick to their principles but it is costing them money.
Also reading between the lines they seem to be having problems with their staff in general.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aird wrote:I see in today's Sunday Times that they are expecting a bit of a rough ride at the AGM for the SRU from their clubs, one of the questions likely to to raised is why they have two International Forwards Coaches currently on their books and being paid, why have they not released McFarland ?
Also reading between the lines they seem to be having problems with their staff in general.
The SRU have no principles, Aird, t'was they who sold out the Heineken Cup with their behind everyone's backs deal with BT, t'was they who backed France 2023 "for a few dollars more" and speaking of filims, when I first heard of the filim, The Colour of Money, I assumed it was a SRU documentary.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Aird wrote:I see in today's Sunday Times that they are expecting a bit of a rough ride at the AGM for the SRU from their clubs, one of the questions likely to to raised is why they have two International Forwards Coaches currently on their books and being paid, why have they not released McFarland ?
But from what is being said here, DMcF has been offloaded, so is there really a problem for SRU?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
But from what is being said here, DMcF has been offloaded, so is there really a problem for SRU?
He must be still under contract with them and therefore still getting paid by them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
He must be still under contract with them and therefore still getting paid by them.
I imagine they may tolerate a limited crossover period, but if he's working here already, then I'm sure everything is well on its way to being sorted.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I suppose he can do what he likes in his free time, it’s not like Scotland are doing any training at the moment.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote: But from what is being said here, DMcF has been offloaded, so is there really a problem for SRU?
I imagine they may tolerate a limited crossover period, but if he's working here already, then I'm sure everything is well on its way to being sorted.
The problem for them is that they are paying him and he is not doing any work for them. He is already starting to work for UR, or at least unofficially he is.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote: But from what is being said here, DMcF has been offloaded, so is there really a problem for SRU?
The problem for them is that they are paying him and he is not doing any work for them. He is already starting to work for UR, or at least unofficially he is.
You think he's just taking his pay from the SRU and turning up for work in Belfast instead?
Can't see it myself.
Just because nobody has made a statement about his position, doesn't mean that the interested parties are not fully aware of what's going on. I doubt anyone is daft enough to step outside the terms of their contract without mutual agreement.
www.stoutboys.co.uk