Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Time to move on

Post by Cornerfleg »

Definition of dodging a bullet sir ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I defend Widerball's right to decide what he finds funny!
The old conundrum, Widerball? Kofi or Cockers? I find widerball immensely funny, I'm one of those who find the sight of a child falling into a lake immensely funny, in a Buster Keaton way, but of course hope the little chube doesn't drown, I'm cynical I'm old, crotchety and angry but I'm not a fu'cking monster ......yet, though I have potential.

He is a man of little understanding, stupid enough to think that moving 1800 miles means that you will not manage to log onto the internet to play with your chums & a clatter of other creatures.

I feel he is more to be pitied than mocked ............ unlike 49er for instance who I would laugh at should he be decapitated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:
BR wrote:I defend Widerball's right to decide what he finds funny!
What if he says Grumpy is funny ... how are you gonna explain that to the grandkids eh? ... it's one thing being altruistic on here but you need to think it through aul han....
The more people come out and say they find Grumpy funny, the easier it is to get the targeted help to them.

Let's get these things out in the open. For instance, there was one time a few years back when the corners of my mouth elevated a few micrometres whilst reading one of his post.
I defend your right to decide what you found funny.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little feck up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to feck' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Baggy
I havnt posted for weeks ( been receiving uafc web site addiction treatment) but flattered to still be in your thoughts, demented though they may be.
Over in the real world,
Anyone any update on the season ticket sales, and the effect of the UAFC disquiet ( not allowed to say Moaning) and non renewal policy?
What did all the people who decided not to attend the play off game decide to do 're STs ( and boycotting that game had no effect on Logan; bags were already packed).
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Fortyniner wrote:Baggy
I havnt posted for weeks ( been receiving uafc web site addiction treatment) but flattered to still be in your thoughts, demented though they may be.
Over in the real world,
Anyone any update on the season ticket sales, and the effect of the UAFC disquiet ( not allowed to say Moaning) and non renewal policy?
What did all the people who decided not to attend the play off game decide to do 're STs ( and boycotting that game had no effect on Logan; bags were already packed).
You seem to be under the misapprehension that UAFC is some sort of single-minded movement. I think it may be fair to call it a movement, but not in that way.

People will have attended/not attended the playoff or renewed/not renewed their ST (if they even had one) for a variety of reasons, based on their own thoughts, convictions or preferences. Most of us are adults with a reasonable IQ and a free will.

Personally - I did not attend play-off. But this was not done in an attempt to dislodge Slogan, who I was convinced was going anyway.
I also did not renew my long-held ST. Again the reasons we're multiple, but given the state of UR in just about every facet, I don't think people should be surprised.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Over in the real world,
I could care less.

LOOK, sonny, if you are going to post, post, if not, you will not be missed, though it's entirely likely that you may be remembered as a hate figure, largely because most people don't like jumped up cretins, but most especially when they are jumped up wee cretins who try to be instant know-alls.

You can take this as kindly advice .........or not.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

I accept UAFC is not a movement.
However, of the 600,000 posts since the site began, my guess is that 200,000 plus come from about 15/20 people ( I must count the exact numbers someday), and therefore their views tend to dominate as the site stance on issues.
I hope that the coming season starts to perk up, ( at leat in attitude; results and success might take a bit longer) and you return to the fold. I have probably all the same reasons as you not to renew, but have done so in support of the players and those still in UR who intend to make it recover after the Logan/Kiss eras.
Falling income will only add to the difficulties, and I would prefer to be a small part of the attempted solution than potentially contribute to the worsening of the problems.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Today is DAY 4197, Lest We Forget.
But, despite or maybe even because of that, Ravenhill East Terrace Season renewed for Junior and me. Do plan to boycott Lansdowne Road for at least a season as a very mild form of continuing protest. Perpignan trip booked for the game on 8th September 2018.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Fortyniner wrote:I accept UAFC is not a movement.
However, of the 600,000 posts since the site began, my guess is that 200,000 plus come from about 15/20 people ( I must count the exact numbers someday), and therefore their views tend to dominate as the site stance on issues.
I hope that the coming season starts to perk up, ( at leat in attitude; results and success might take a bit longer) and you return to the fold. I have probably all the same reasons as you not to renew, but have done so in support of the players and those still in UR who intend to make it recover after the Logan/Kiss eras.
Falling income will only add to the difficulties, and I would prefer to be a small part of the attempted solution than potentially contribute to the worsening of the problems.
Any statical analysis of UAFC posting history should acknowledge that the database was wiped at one stage, so it's only a partial history. Just about every 'senior' contributor will claim to have lost their best work at that time. (In fact, it was all about flegs, amfums and the contents of trap 2).

I hope your optimism is well placed, but I'm sure you will accept we all have an end to our individual tether.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I've tried 3 times this year to start a good fleg debate and not one of you twunts has got involved

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Bonfires and BRexit this year!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Over in the real world,
You seem to be under the misapprehension that UAFC is some sort of single-minded movement. I think it may be fair to call it a movement, but not in that way.

People will have attended/not attended the playoff or renewed/not renewed their ST (if they even had one) for a variety of reasons, based on their own thoughts, convictions or preferences. Most of us are adults with a reasonable IQ and a free will.

Personally - I did not attend play-off. But this was not done in an attempt to dislodge Slogan, who I was convinced was going anyway.
I also did not renew my long-held ST. Again the reasons we're multiple, but given the state of UR in just about every facet, I don't think people should be surprised.
You are wasting your time, BR. This individual either won't understand or isn't interested in applying any critical thought. They prefer to create a fairly vague victim narrative for their experience on the UAFC. So your points will likely be ignored and they may just respond with 'oh, I suppose I'm not allowed to say misapprehension' or some sh1t.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:I've tried 3 times this year to start a good fleg debate and not one of you twunts has got involved

Fcuk the queen
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:I've tried 3 times this year to start a good fleg debate and not one of you twunts has got involved

Fcuk the queen
The fascist regime under TMay and the ERG

Will, of the People needs to make a stand