Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Deraless »

Levels of scrutiny like the Irish Times piece which liberally quotes Headcase, hardly at all Kelly, and then ends with "you decide." I don't think that's how trials work Ms. Journalist. The jury decides, and I'm glad they have been to a different trial from the one you were at.
People have shouted "rapist" at Paddy on his way into court. Yer woman who's not the full shillin from the Paedo Hunters turned up a few days and got barred for being a tool. Obviously he's churned up but outside he looks like he's about to take that kick from the touchline to draw against Munster at the Hill.
There's things that need said about this shìt that they haven't been able to and I hope they get their time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

They should be thrown into s game or two this season, let the idiots who think they know better than the courts get the nonsense out of their system, and start afresh next season.

They instead will however be leaving, and it sounds like Hendo may be off too.

May take Ulster 5 years to recover properly from where we are at
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Eggs wrote:They should be thrown into s game or two this season, let the idiots who think they know better than the courts get the nonsense out of their system, and start afresh next season.
Agreed
They instead will however be leaving, and it sounds like Hendo may be off too.
I don't think Hendy will leave unless the IRFU shaft Paddy and Stu
May take Ulster 5 years to recover properly from where we are at
I may have rekindled interest by then.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I doubt anyone on here knows how these guys are feeling mentally and emotionally. We can all make judgements about what we think they should do if found not guilty and when they should be back playing, but the mental and emotional fallout from this is the great unknown.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

UR13IRFU wrote:PJ is in talks with 2 English clubs, both him and Stu had offers from French clubs before the trial started so the clubs must have done abit of homework and thought the chances of them getting cleared would be high
Feck me I've heard the pair linked with and signed for every English and French teams twice over. Super 15, Japan and USA also muted. It's nonsense.

The misinformation being touted about not only the case but these two lads future is shameful.

Hopefully the two will be thrown back into a B and I Cup Quarter Final, away fixture, low profile... perfect.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

If I was spat at on the street I’d be looking to leave too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:I doubt anyone on here knows how these guys are feeling mentally and emotionally. We can all make judgements about what we think they should do if found not guilty and when they should be back playing, but the mental and emotional fallout from this is the great unknown.
That is entirely correct.
That's where support networks come in.
Some of the bullshit posted here about UR being against them or the other players being split about whether they want them back would be risible were it not so serious. They will be looked after by UR and their mates. I'm sure they will be dreading their return to the public eye, but that can be worked out.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Not all of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I concur.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Why would a chap that has done nothing illegal, turn his back on his home province and international career to cut and run like a criminal?

Until I'm advised otherwise, I'll maintain that if either of them leave, they have been badly advised and taken a very shortsighted view.
The chattering masses will move on to the next "important" subject within a week of acquittals.
Snipe, let's pretend that you are in your early-mid 20s - a stretch I know - and you have been through 20 months of stress and an inability to earn in one case. Then try to imagine that rather than an ould gowl who sits at hame in his own rural idyll partaking of cups of tay and studying the scriptures, only turning on the bax in the corner for rugby or songs of praise, you like to hit the bars and clubs of the big smoke. Imagine every wee ned who recognises you and decides feck you and sleeeeeeeegs you up and down as a rapist & imagine knowing that if you slap his teeth out you will almost certainly be sacked.

Now ruminate on that awhile and come back and consider, would you take a new start, possibly even with a club not in crisis and, certainly in one case, a contract that pays you whether you are selected or not? Not a giant leap to believe one chap might see some greener grass if not both.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:I doubt anyone on here knows how these guys are feeling mentally and emotionally. We can all make judgements about what we think they should do if found not guilty and when they should be back playing, but the mental and emotional fallout from this is the great unknown.
Oh, I wouldn't worry Bart, after all, did the great FIRFUC's not state they would give the players suitable support.What they didn't say was that in their sh1tty little D4 minds, "appropriate support" has been the square root of SFA, indeed from what I've heard, they would have had more support from a figurine of BOD made entirely of tissue paper, just like thebastard's cold dead Mexican heart.

On the other hand, having reconsidered what the FIRFUCs have done for them in their time of need - fu@kall, you are almost certainly right.

#FROFIRFUCs.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Why would a chap that has done nothing illegal, turn his back on his home province and international career to cut and run like a criminal?

Until I'm advised otherwise, I'll maintain that if either of them leave, they have been badly advised and taken a very shortsighted view.
The chattering masses will move on to the next "important" subject within a week of acquittals.
Snipe, let's pretend that you are in your early-mid 20s - a stretch I know - and you have been through 20 months of stress and an inability to earn in one case. Then try to imagine that rather than an ould gowl who sits at hame in his own rural idyll partaking of cups of tay and studying the scriptures, only turning on the bax in the corner for rugby or songs of praise, you like to hit the bars and clubs of the big smoke. Imagine every wee ned who recognises you and decides feck you and sleeeeeeeegs you up and down as a rapist & imagine knowing that if you slap his teeth out you will almost certainly be sacked.

Now ruminate on that awhile and come back and consider, would you take a new start, possibly even with a club not in crisis and, certainly in one case, a contract that pays you whether you are selected or not? Not a giant leap to believe one chap might see some greener grass if not both.
I'm not suggesting all will be fine and dandy, it may be easier to make a clean break. Maybe I'm just a thick witted curmudgeon without an ounce of back down, but I wouldn't be driven out if I was not guilty.
I also posted earlier today that Olding may find a break more attractive in terms of his career. For a variety of reasons, he hasn't reached the heights I expected him to and he is probably disappointed himself. After his first ACL recovery, I expected him to be a fixture at 12 for Ireland, but that now looks unlikely. If there's a bin load of cash to be had, maybe it's the better option. Paddy is the second best 10 in Ireland and at almost 33 Sexton is likely to start to fade as a player and will be gone after the world cup.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

The media and Leinster/Munster players are already bigging Joey up as the 2nd coming.

It was the same with Madigan.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Paddy is the third most important player to Joe after Murray and Sexton. If Murray gets crocked, Ireland are fecked and Sexton is a walking concussion who could be withdrawn from the sport at any time. After Sexton there is one player on the Island who is capable of playing international rugby and another couple who may or may not make that grade.

As I am giving Joe the credit for not being a dumbfcuk I think this will be taken into account. Yes they will have a few uneasy months seeing this saga out after which it will be forgotten, but let's not pretend he wouldn't have the same cr@p in Exeter, allbeit on a smaller scale, and the same every time he visits home.

Walking tall is the best way to endorse the jury's findings, assuming they find NG of course

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Wonder if joe would risk taking paddy to Australia if he got a game or 2 under his belt this season. Would take the sting out of the headlines and make the point that he is here to stay.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Unfortunately I think everything is in the hands of Dublin and their fate (when found innocent) has already been decided by D4,

Ulster has no say.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”