FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: FOLK

Post by Cockatrice »

Honestly can anyone understand the ramblings and waffle of Kiss....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Happy with the BP win of course but some of the worst defending I've seen all season.
It was a bit like against Zebre away and Kings away the way in which we were missing one on one hits in that first half. Really poor. Defence was marginally better in the 2nd half and of course being a loose game did contribute to that.

In isolation the 4 tries conceded and 24 points was to some extent understandable, given the type of game we were playing and sticking 50pts on (La Rochelle were widely heralded for their performance last week, when Wasps scored 29pts and 4 tries against them), but given our defensive frailties shown this season it remains a worry.

Bart, I didn't see the SR V Wasps game. As you appear to be drawing similarities with our shambolic performance against the disgrace that is Hairyquims, could you just confirm that Stade Rochelais's scrum was taken apart, their lineout misfunctioned repeatedly, they were worse than useless from restarts and missed somewhere in excess of 30 tackles?

Then I can rest easy that our performance was on a par with theirs.

Ta.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Happy with the BP win of course but some of the worst defending I've seen all season.
It was a bit like against Zebre away and Kings away the way in which we were missing one on one hits in that first half. Really poor. Defence was marginally better in the 2nd half and of course being a loose game did contribute to that.

In isolation the 4 tries conceded and 24 points was to some extent understandable, given the type of game we were playing and sticking 50pts on (La Rochelle were widely heralded for their performance last week, when Wasps scored 29pts and 4 tries against them), but given our defensive frailties shown this season it remains a worry.

Bart, I didn't see the SR V Wasps game. As you appear to be drawing similarities with our shambolic performance against the disgrace that is Hairyquims, could you just confirm that Stade Rochelais's scrum was taken apart, their lineout misfunctioned repeatedly, they were worse than useless from restarts and missed somewhere in excess of 30 tackles?

Then I can rest easy that our performance was on a par with theirs.

Ta.
Baggy - as someone who likes to quote defensive stats from the tables why don't you go and look at the points conceded part of our group to see how good their defence has been? Ok, if you can't be bothered doing it, then i'll tell you. They have conceded 94 pts so far in 4 games, which is 15 more than the team which has so far conceded the few points. Care to guess which team that is? :roll:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

And if you actually bithered reading the entire paragraph you were quoting from you will have seen it started with the words "in isolation" and also states that our defensive frailties are a worry.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:And if you actually bithered reading the entire paragraph you were quoting from you will have seen it started with the words "in isolation" and also states that our defensive frailties are a worry.

A worry is one way of describing it :roll: You could have answered yes or no, the rest is irrelevant.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cockatrice wrote:Honestly can anyone understand the ramblings and waffle of Kiss....

Cockers I'm not claiming to be fluent in Les speak, however I have been on the "Rum awareness" course that UAFC offer to those who want to try and translate thon havers into English. I may be able to give you the basic idea of what he's on about. :lol:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Honestly can anyone understand the ramblings and waffle of Kiss....
Cockers I'm not claiming to be fluent in Les speak, however I have been on the "Rum awareness" course that UAFC offer to those who want to try and translate thon havers into English. I may be able to give you the basic idea of what he's on about. :lol:
Flag..... I have been trying to get on that course for some months but it seems popular... at least both Les and Rum seem to know what they are talking about... has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Cockers I'm not claiming to be fluent in Les speak, however I have been on the "Rum awareness" course that UAFC offer to those who want to try and translate thon havers into English. I may be able to give you the basic idea of what he's on about. Image
The rum awareness course is excellent.

In the new year the training team at the UAFC hope to put on the following:

"I've said something dumb and now Baggy has picked up on it - how to avoid a bullet to the face."

"Fleg's guide to pwee-match humour with special guest: Kim Jong-Un."

"How to know if Russ is on the wind: he is."

"You have just heard a rumour from a reliable sauce: how to avoid blowing your load on bakebook and maximise your status as a poster IDK."

"How to a spot a dave: special guest dave ~ he knows his own."
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Other courses available:

The Red Button - how to use it.

The Radio Times - How to find out if it's on TV

How to avoid Bed Sores on yer ar$e
- 2 day course by Clive

25 positions to make love while both watching the match on the Red Button - 4 day course by the Quinnies.

Falling with style
- 1/2 day course by Mr Rea.

How to blame Trevor Brennan - 6 minute course by HWM

Logie ... A man of integrity - 24 second course by Cockers

How to be a real dick - 2 day course with some wab from Q radio.

How to spot - then sign up a broken Saffer - 2 week course with Bryn

ACL's, what are they and how do you break them - 8 month course with GG.

Tunes no one wants to hear on brass instruments - In situ training course with the band any home match.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hehehe good work fleg!

BTW, did anyone notice the band playing SUFTUM just before half time? A few people were singing along so the band thought 'happy days' and played on a bit. When they finished playing the only ones singing along were the Harlequins fans singing 'stand up for the Harlequins'.

#classictheband
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Any chance of a walkabout in Comber Tour from Tommy?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

"A guide to current players: who has a relation that played at international level and who might score their first try for Ulster tonight?" J. Neilly.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

UR Press release, due to a typo in the curriculum - the featured Christmas walkabout with Tommy through Comber will now be held in Cullybackey.

And Jim Neilly is hosting a one off special in January - Ulster players ... what school they went to and what position did they play in the schools cup.

I'm particularly looking forward to the - How to identify a member of bar staff with an IQ over 75, and get them to take your order.

NVQ level 2 - Leaf Blowing

NVQ level 3 - Leaf Blowing in the ice.

UR 2018 syllabus Competition Time
- Win a place on any of the featured courses - put your X on the big screen and see if your 5x5 cm square is the only one working come May.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Love the UR Xmas giveaways for Season Ticket holders - most of the prizes are, wait for it, more feckin tickets!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall