La Rochelle Vs Ulster Sun 22/10/17 15.15 Sky Sports Action

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: La Rochelle Vs Ulster Sun 22/10/17 15.15 Sky Sports Acti

Post by rumncoke »

Cooney took one to the head last week and came off leaking blood a rest will do him no harm .

In my book P has a faster pass unfortunately it comes with the P two step
and the odd ball in the ear .
Ludic also took a knock or two and Luke has had two 110 %games in two weeks .

As Baggy has pointed out the back line is experienced which could be right selection away from home to a team playing their first home game in the SDS
(Shambles)

The pack is the big question young second row against French heavies how that pans out could decide the game!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

FOLK can't possibly be targeting a defeat as he sat there and told us that such a thing would never happen.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:The more perspicacious amongst you will have noticed that FOLK is leaning very heavily on players with the experience of having won in France before, whilst rightly saving Cooney for next week.

I remember lauding the new supremo at Dragons for targeting 2 games he could win either side of us hammering his seconds. So I'm not about to badger FOLK, much as I want him to FAO, for making a similar type of decision.

Furthermore, just say he were to pick most of what the majority of you goons believe to be his best team, then not only do we get the rounds of the scullery but break a few at the same time, and have to play junk against the hated Mexicans? What then, would you praise him like you should?

There is no match I want to win more all season than Mexico at home or away, I have no a solitary fu'ck to give about the SDC, the big match is next week, fu'ck all Mexicans with their silly :mexican: and their appalling nasty little Fijian with the NZ passport now containing an Isa.

For once I think not only has he selected a decent enough side for mission almost entirely impossible, but has used his brain and said, "actually the SDC is not that important". As a consequence, he's actually got our most solid midfield out there and it will be interesting to see if Leali'ifano can continue his kicking record, but please e-geek FFFS let Chaz kick penalties from hand on the right-hand side.

All in all, not a bad selection in the circumstances. I'm almost tempted to compliment e-geek though that is perhaps a step too far.

It could also be the strongest bench Ulster has ever selected.
So, to summarise, wot you are saying is,
"in fairness to Les Kiss, ... FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!" :duck:
Computer says no.

Try one from:

- every dog has his day
- a stopped clock is right twice a day
- if a chimp had eternity to write the entire works of Billy Spokeshave, he'd have a better chance than FOLK
- many hands make light work, I prefer to flick a switch
- A bird in the hand may be said to be worth two in the bush, but as a shagger, I disagree, give me two in the bush any day of the week over a handjob.

In any event, I try to be scrupulously fair, to poor coaches, disastrous DORs, bombastic CEOs, mentalists, errant young gentlemen, dumb posters, assorted riff-raff and indeed anyone barring hated Mexicans like Isa Novisa and bladdy Tories.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I've had a Gin so judgment may be cloudy, but Dave's raps are getting better.
I was discussing our wee team today and a bloke voiced the opinion 'We only play well on Fridays'.
At the time I was struggling to remember us winning on Saturday's or Sundays, but didn't we beat the shyte outta Clermont on a Saturday afternoon?
I'm chalking his theory down to a fair Pub argument with no basis in fact. Just like Trumps policies.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Is Ryan Lamb still as sh1te as he was or has he improved since moving to France?

Anyway I assume La Rochelle are expecting to win this game comfortably.

I also assume that if Ulster manage to win it will be hailed as a great day while if they lose it will be highlighted that it is only the SDC. What a load of ballix. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Is Ryan Lamb still as sh1te as he was or has he improved since moving to France?

I also assume that if Ulster manage to win it will be hailed as a great day while if they lose it will be highlighted that it is only the SDC. What a load of ballix. :D
If Ulster win???????????????? FFFS grow up. And yes it is only the SDC, ruined by Lionels.

Ulster's only hope is if they think we are worse than we actually are, albeit that is pretty shyte.

We're for the rounds of the kitchen, the scullery, the wee side-parlour, the outside cludgie and the concrete yard. will be lucky to ship any less than 30 points.

Speaking of outside cludgies, I've been in this house for 18 years this May past, and we never had a bucket of shyte stolen yet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

After reading the posts above I had assumed we had selected a completely second string... See no issues with the side. It's a bit crap but then we're a bit crap so you gotta accept that. If we play under no expectation and get some off-loads going then maybe can cause some issues but we should be losing this by about 10 points.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:After reading the posts above I had assumed we had selected a completely second string... See no issues with the side. It's a bit crap but then we're a bit crap so you gotta accept that. If we play under no expectation and get some off-loads going then maybe can cause some issues but we should be losing this by about 10 points.

Optimist :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, about 10 if they get loose/satisfied, that would almost be respectable.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tender wrote:I've had a Gin so judgment may be cloudy, but Dave's raps are getting better.
I was discussing our wee team today and a bloke voiced the opinion 'We only play well on Fridays'.
At the time I was struggling to remember us winning on Saturday's or Sundays, but didn't we beat the shyte outta Clermont on a Saturday afternoon?
I'm chalking his theory down to a fair Pub argument with no basis in fact. Just like Trumps policies.
Most recently was the dead rubber at end of last season, shirley?

If you can call any match against the Mexicans a dead rubber? >EW

EDIT: Most recent was of course away to Treviso this season,but maybe we're trying to forget that one?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Shan wrote:Is Ryan Lamb still as sh1te as he was or has he improved since moving to France?

He blows hot and cold but he was very good against Quins last week. Few nice breaks.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:After reading the posts above I had assumed we had selected a completely second string... See no issues with the side. It's a bit crap but then we're a bit crap so you gotta accept that. If we play under no expectation and get some off-loads going then maybe can cause some issues but we should be losing this by about 10 points.

Optimist :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, about 10 if they get loose/satisfied, that would almost be respectable.
I'm hoping the lads play with lots of heart but we could well be ripped a new A hole...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: If Ulster win???????????????? FFFS grow up. And yes it is only the SDC, ruined by Lionels.

Ulster's only hope is if they think we are worse than we actually are, albeit that is pretty shyte.

Yerra ya have to have some fecking hope. Of course La Rochelle should win, and probably fairly comfortably, given they are at home but sher for feck sake ya may as well not bother at all if ya don't think ya have a chance.

Most of us work all week and then we hope the weekend brings us cheer and that includes hoping our team manages to win against the odds sometimes. You just mire yerself in misery 24/7 ya auld goat. :D :D :D

Gwan. :red: :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Deraless wrote:

He blows hot and cold but he was very good against Quins last week. Few nice breaks.
Thank you. I do hope that Ulster target the feck out of him. I saw him fall apart many a time when the opposition gave it to him.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

It is a team selected especially in the backs that wont take a hiding too personally. Stockcube and Cooney need to be taken out of the firing line to preserve their self confidence. The pack will battle all day and it might just be character building for Treaders and O'Connor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

rumncoke wrote:
The pack is the big question young second row against French heavies how that pans out could decide the game!!!

The game is decided, the margin and whether somehow we could manage four tries are the only two real questions.

Thats what I dislike about the selection. Obviously some players are rested, however this is a halfway house, somewhere between flying the white flag and giving it everything. I would have preferred a line up designed to score points. Understand some may think that Stockade would bring impact, but he should be starting, miles ahead of Bowe and Trimble at present.