MCB vs Inst final

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

cheese
Initiate

MCB vs Inst final

Post by cheese »

I read that they are not opening the terrace for the final but they are for all Ulster Matches while construction is going on. Surely for such a big game and a big expected crowd the terrace really needs to be open.

I think it will be a good final and certainly not the walk-over people are talking about. McLoughlan versus Wells jnr(or should i say Colin martin who really runs the team). I am sure daddy wells with have a few pointers for his son but going on past finals is best not to listen. He never had much luck over McLoughlan
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: MCB vs Inst final

Post by Setanta »

Are BBC2NI showing both finals as usual? If so, can someone let me know the coverage time so I can tape them?
Danke im Voraus, mit freundlichem grusse,
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cheese wrote:I read that they are not opening the terrace for the final but they are for all Ulster Matches while construction is going on. Surely for such a big game and a big expected crowd the terrace really needs to be open.
While it would be desirable to have the terrace, I don't think it NEEDS to be open - I would think that the other options would still accommodate all those attending.

The terrace traditionally is 90%+ schoolkids on Schools Cup final day, and for the relatively small number that can actually SAFELY stand on it during the reconstruction work, perhaps the Branch reckoned it wasn't worth the risk.

It's different having a majority ADULT crowd on the terrace for an Ulster match, when often the kids tend to migrate down to the front at pitch-side, but this would effectively be putting two groups of rival CHILDREN* in close proximity to a building site. I'm not suggesting that anything untowards would happen because of the rivalry, but with youthful exuberance to factor in, it is probably a risk too far.

*and YES, they are still children (mostly) and the Branch has aduty of care to them
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Northern Bank Schools' Cup Final: Tickets on sale now
6 March 2009, 10:03 am
By Kelly Donnelly
Tickets for the Northern Bank Schools' Cup final, between RBAI and Methodist College, are now on sale.
The game will take place at Ravenhill on Tuesday 17th March, Kick-off 3pm and tickets can now be purchased from http://www.ulsterrugby.com.

Ticket prices for the game are as follows:

Block C (Neutral supporters): £17

Blocks B and D: £15 adults, £12 kids

Blocks A and E (Inners and Outers): £13 adults, £9 kids

Promenade: £12 adults, £8 kids

The Terrace will be closed for this game.

N.B. BLOCKS B, A INNER AND A OUTER ARE RESERVED FOR RBAI SUPPORTERS, WHILE BLOCKS D, E INNER AND E OUTER WILL BE RESERVED FOR THE SUPPORTERS OF METHODIST COLLEGE.

ALL INTERNET ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO A £1 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE.

Tickets will go on general sale via the Ulster Rugby Ticket Office and Ulster Rugby Ticket Line: 028 90493 222 option 2, on Monday 9th March at 9am.

Special family rates are available in the 'YELLOWTOM' stand for this game, with adult tickets priced at £10 when purchased with a child(s) ticket priced at £5. However, this offer is available only from the Ulster Rugby Offices at Ravenhill, from the 9th-16th March 2009, and cannot be purchased online.
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

BLOCKS B, A INNER AND A OUTER ARE RESERVED FOR RBAI SUPPORTERS, WHILE BLOCKS D, E INNER AND E OUTER WILL BE RESERVED FOR THE SUPPORTERS OF METHODIST COLLEGE.
A and B grades to Inst, D's and E's to MCB :stir:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Boo Radleys wrote:
BLOCKS B, A INNER AND A OUTER ARE RESERVED FOR RBAI SUPPORTERS, WHILE BLOCKS D, E INNER AND E OUTER WILL BE RESERVED FOR THE SUPPORTERS OF METHODIST COLLEGE.
Yea but D & E are the seats at the beer tent end :cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
The Boo Radleys wrote:
Yea but D & E are the seats at the beer tent end :cheers:
But surely the beer tent will be closed...... :stir: :cowboy:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

The Boo Radleys wrote:
Don't try to confuse the wee Inst boys and girls - most don't even know that A & B grades exist!!!!
I'm not arguing -
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

MCB to go unbeaten all year and lose to their biggest rivals when it really matters?
SDK
Novice

Post by SDK »

Captain

Did nobody tell you that wee girls don't go to inst
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

SK
i would like to question that statement about girls not going to inst. sure its full of girls :lol:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

as they say . . . INST boys love it :D
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SDK wrote:Captain

Did nobody tell you that wee girls don't go to inst
Honest slip of the keyboard!!!! :wink:

HONEST it was!!!!!! :twisted:

I notice that no one's challenging the assertion that most Inst pupils dodn't know that grades A & B exist
I'm not arguing -
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

£8 a ticket? I'll pass thanks
It was £5 or something last year!

Also, the quality of the B/clare / MCB game wasn't great - too much kicking and I felt that MCB weren't playing to their full potiential. Although credit to Ballyclare, their defense wasn't bad, bar one or two silly mistakes!
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.