Mini Rugby Coaching

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mini Rugby Coaching

Post by fuzzylogic »

You were very good at copying and pasting my last post to quote me on it.

Why cant you just do that with the article?!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

fuzzylogic wrote:You were very good at copying and pasting my last post to quote me on it.

Why cant you just do that with the article?!
By all means save it onto your computer, then cut & paste it into a word document (the format of which won't be the same/as good as if you got the original word document though).

As opposed to technobabble stuff - shall we get back to the topic.
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by UlsterJock on Thu May 28, 2009 12:17 pm

By all means save it onto your computer, then cut & paste it into a word document (the format of which won't be the same/as good as if you got the original word document though).

As opposed to technobabble stuff - shall we get back to the topic.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realise that if it has been made in a word document and then put into a pdf file it can be reversed quite simply dont you?!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

Extract from:
IRB Coaching Newsletter - Volume 5 May 2009

As promised in last month's newsletter, following the ratification of the Laws by the IRB council on May 13th 2009, the exciting new IRB Laws website is now live and ready to use. Again, as promised in last month's newsletter, the IRB Statistical Review and Match Analysis of the RBS 6 Nations 2009 is also now available.

The new Laws site (http://www.irblaws.com) is a free interactive website which teaches and tests the Laws of the game. There is a quick link to the website at the top of the page. The IRB Laws website is comprehensive and yet simple and easy to use as a reference. If you wish, you can download the new lawbook in Adobe pdf format although, for those with slow internet access, be warned it is 4.5 MB in size.

The key features of the new website are:

7 language options: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Russian
All compliant with 2009 Laws as approved by IRB Council on the 13th May.
Hundreds of video clips to illustrate the laws
Animations to support learning
Videos to illustrate all Referee and Assistant Referee signals
Access to the site is free
Registration is only required when users want to undertake the tests
Self-test capability which covers:
All 22 laws with 7's and Under 19 variations
Referee signals
Video tests
The test can be taken over multiple visits to the site
On completion users can download an awareness certificate

Full newsletter can be obtained by logging on to:

http://www.irbcoaching.com

:thumleft:
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

Received today - see Branch site for forms...... :salut:

The IRFU Ulster Branch Rugby Development Department are delighted to announce the launch of their Coach Development Workshop programme for the Season 09 – 10.

Aligned to the IRFU LTPD Model, the workshops will provide current coaches accredited under the IRFU Coach Development Pathway an opportunity to further develop their coaching skills and experiences.

The workshops are aimed at presenting the most up to date coaching techniques, activities and games to assist with development of players at mini, youth, school and adult level.

The Workshops will be delivered by the IRFU Ulster Branch Development Officers, Ulster Rugby High Performance and Academy Staff and Experienced Guest Tutors.

Participants of these workshops need to be IRFU attended at the appropriate level (eg mini, foundation, Level 1 etc) in order to attend.

Registrations from 6.30pm, workshops start at 7pm, each workshop will last 1 ½ hours, is limited to 35 places and is free of charge.

If you wish to attend any of the workshops please complete and return the attached application form as soon as possible.
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (94.85 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
Kind Regards,
Julie
Rugby Development
Ravenhill Grounds
85 Ravenhill Park
Belfast
BT6 0DG
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

The following are a few interesting sections taken from Ian McGeechans' new book "Lion Man" chp14. I thought it apt in light of the other thread re competition in the mini sections and his forthcoming visit to Ravenhill on the 15/10/09.

What he did try and do was introduce leagues for multi-sport;
“What I tried to do in Scotland, within the schools and the age-grade arenas, was to establish a multi sport league, which started and finished with rugby in the best months, but in the dark days of Scottish winters the youngsters were inside playing basketball or indoor cricket”
Alright I suppose if you can administer and co-ordinate such a thing with groups of kids of up to 200 at a time (as turn out on a Saturday morning for mini rugby at our place).

To an extent I understand both his sentiment and what he is trying to achieve here, it is to some degree in tune with the IRFU - LTPD model, however in this day and age there is a demand for kids to play rugby. Not to fulfil that demand imo would lead to rugby potentially losing out to other sports, not benefiting, as proposed by the Geech model. What is incumbent upon a coach again imo, is to be open to employing a range of activities which help develop the youngster holistically and which gives them both the skills and desire to play the game.
IanMc001.png
IanMc001.png (94.08 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
IanMc002.png
IanMc002.png (118.52 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
IanMc003.png
IanMc003.png (163.64 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Here's the next brainfart from the academics, hope the link works, anybody fancy a few rounds with Tyson Fury? think I would take my chances on the pitch

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslond ... 9c4c&ei=15
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

The best bit about the article is the ad for the 73 year old woman's face cleansing regime.

Having said that, I do agree with, 'They should focus on fun, health and social development rather than conditioning them to play elite-level sport.' except perhaps for the health and social development bit. It's about fun, just fun!