Medallion Shield

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Medallion Shield

Post by Beattiespastie »

Incidentally Ruckover I thought the ref had a decent game and quite rightly sin binned a MCB player in the first half for coming in the side on two occasions despite being warned about it. Finals are about small margins most of the time and I guess if Wallace had capitalized on MCB being a man down it might have been a different outcome but they didn't.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Was at this thoroughly enthralling and dramatic Medallion Shield Final seeing Methody win by a whisker scoring the winning try 2 minutes into injury time to edge out Wallace HS by 10-7. This was a hugely entertaining encounter with Methody dominating the first half territorially and Wallace the second. Wallace maybe feel a bit hard done by losing so late on but Methody did outscore their opponents by 2 tries to one. Both sides gave their all in what was a great advert for Schools' rugby at this level.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Well said Moiraman.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Bog bunny....sorry mate....just read your post....Methody had 4 third years in their squad as well and lifted the Medallion Shield...thoroughly deserving as well..... :D
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Beattiespastie wrote:...thoroughly deserving as well..... :D
Nope, WHS were the better team for the 80 minutes and everybody I spoke to after the game (and that was a lot and included the MCB coaches) agreed with me.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Ruck you're just as bias as Beattie, wise up.

Methody dominated the first half and Wallace dominated the second, unfortunately for Wallace they couldnt capitalise on the man advantage.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

breakdown wrote:Ruck you're just as bias as Beattie, wise up.
I'm pretty sure it ain't bias when Methody coaches are agreeing with me.
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

ruckover wrote:
Maybe they were just being generous in victory.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

ruckover wrote:
considering you told me you were a Wallace lad a few weeks ago i'm sure it iss, plus the Methody coaches are hardly going to go around saying 'Wallace played awful, we should have put 30+ points on them' etc etc, something to that effect when you're standing there dressed all smart in your wallace blazer.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Ruck over....dry your eyes mate....you were beaten fair and square so move on and stop waxing lyrical about what Methody coaches did or didn't say. Colin Martin is a gentleman and is always gracious in defeat or victory...he always speaks graciously of any side he plays against. 2012 Medallion Shield winners...MCB...end of.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Ruck over....dry your eyes mate....you were beaten fair and square so move on and stop waxing lyrical about what Methody coaches did or didn't say. Colin Martin is a gentleman and is always gracious in defeat or victory...he always speaks graciously of any side he plays against. 2012 Medallion Shield winners...MCB...end of.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Beattiespastie wrote:Ruck over....dry your eyes mate....you were beaten fair and square so move on and stop waxing lyrical about what Methody coaches did or didn't say. Colin Martin is a gentleman and is always gracious in defeat or victory...he always speaks graciously of any side he plays against. 2012 Medallion Shield winners...MCB...end of.
That will set ruck in his place.. no denying Methody deserved it.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

breakdown wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:Ruck over....dry your eyes mate....you were beaten fair and square so move on and stop waxing lyrical about what Methody coaches did or didn't say. Colin Martin is a gentleman and is always gracious in defeat or victory...he always speaks graciously of any side he plays against. 2012 Medallion Shield winners...MCB...end of.
Funny, I'm denying it.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

ruckover wrote:
breakdown wrote:
Funny, I'm denying it.
Funny, you're wrong and bias, you're obviously a Wallace lad who wouldn't speak a bad word about them >#
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Actually, I think if you refer to the Schools' Cup thread you will find me clearly stating that I didn't think Wallace could win it and actually only got through to the semis due to a lucky draw.

Although don't forget we have provided Chris Henry, Ian Whitten, Nevin Spence and Kyle McCall to the Ulster set up.

Don't see you having a go at Beattie though, despite his obvious bias to MCB.