Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 18 users online :: 6 registered, 1 hidden and 11 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Flipper, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 655963
Total topics 19103
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Schools Cup 2018

ny and all to do with skules

Moderators: The Fonz, Dude, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Hope they all go skiing
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18236
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Rooster » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:08 am

Dave wrote:Hope they all go skiing

The Armagh ski trip has already happened, they never clash with rugby anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39807
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Neill_M » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby kingofthehill » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Neill_M wrote:Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maul not work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Russ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:45 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maul not work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did the analysis for Campbell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby kingofthehill » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Russ wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maul not work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did the analysis for Campbell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


must be grim being an MCB back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Russ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Russ wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maul not work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did the analysis for Campbell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


must be grim being an MCB back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure they have a great time at Ollies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby kingofthehill » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Russ wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Russ wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Campbell beat Methody 17-8 in the 1st semi final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maul not work?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did the analysis for Campbell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


must be grim being an MCB back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure they have a great time at Ollies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Neill_M » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:46 am

2nd semi final today at 2:30pm RBAI v Armagh.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby Russ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am

Neill_M wrote:2nd semi final today at 2:30pm RBAI v Armagh.
Buzzing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby ravinghill » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Russ wrote:
Bayern wrote:Best forwards in Ulster schools:

John McKee(Campbell)
David McCann(RBAI)
Jamie MacCartney(Campbell)
Discussion

Is it fair to start identifying "best" players at schoolboy?
At what point do we go for equality of opportunity?

Wouls UR not be better putting on a series of development sessions and inviting players who want to try and make it post schools to apply and spend time with pro coaches?

I remember when I was at school the hockey sides had regional development squads (which are now paying fruit with the national side improving). Does rugby have this?

Having been through the "development squad" selection process with my son it is pretty obvious that there are some masssive flaws in the system - its pretty obvious why good / outstanding players are being missed.

The U16 development squad seems to be the first step for selection - the initial selection day had 150 boys for a 2 hour session. The session consisted of about 30 minutes on position focused drills (front row did some "scrums", 2nd and back rows did lineout lifting and backs did some passing), then 30 minutes of evasion drills for everyone and finally some matches. There were about 6 coaches there. In that 2 hours there was no way that the potential for any of those 150 boys could be assessed, yet at the end most of them were cast adrift and about 30 take through for the squad.

The other big problem was that because of the age grades being birth year, there were boys from medallion year plus boys from the year below. The ones from the year below had a year less experience, most had never lifted in lineouts before and were mostly smaller physically. So, they had much less chance of getting through - yet the fact that their coaches from the schools considered them to have the potential showed that, in a fairer system, they would thrive.

Also, the favoured selection was for hookers and scrum halves. If you put that as your position you were guaranteed to get through no matter how crap they were - yet there were a hell of a lot of very talented players that were rejected on the day.

So from that experience I have a very very dim view of how the youth system in Ulster can ever hope to identify the talented players. My son plays for a school that would be in the top 8-10 school but not one of the big 4. In this year (his medallion year) there hasnt been anyone from the youth system out to watch a single one of their matches. There are a number of very talented players in their team, yet none of them will make it into the youth set up now and will likely disappear off and play rugby at a uni across the water.

There's bound to be an Irish Tadgh Furlong farting about in Omagh/Rainey or somewhere that because they dont get close to the latter stages of the cups and dont regularly play the marquee sides may get overlooked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ravinghill
Novice
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:16 pm

So Hogwarts make the final, they must be hoping their head wizard doesn't use the expeliamous spell on anyone vital before the final defeat to RBAI, the master-race and purveyors of quality football.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29948
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:So Hogwarts make the final, they must be hoping their head wizard doesn't use the expeliamous spell on anyone vital before the final defeat to RBAI, the master-race and purveyors of quality football.


Might need to rethink that prediction Baggy. Inst 15 - 26 RSA with a few minutes t play
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11636
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby ColinM » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:00 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So Hogwarts make the final, they must be hoping their head wizard doesn't use the expeliamous spell on anyone vital before the final defeat to RBAI, the master-race and purveyors of quality football.


Might need to rethink that prediction Baggy. Inst 15 - 26 RSA with a few minutes t play



FODS
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Schools Cup 2018

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 pm

ColinM wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So Hogwarts make the final, they must be hoping their head wizard doesn't use the expeliamous spell on anyone vital before the final defeat to RBAI, the master-race and purveyors of quality football.


Might need to rethink that prediction Baggy. Inst 15 - 26 RSA with a few minutes t play



FODS


final score Inst 22 - 26 RSA :cheers:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11636
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to skules rgb

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->