Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Snipe Watson »

FYI
Rainey Endowed beat RBAI 17-16 on Wednesday.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:FYI
Aye but RBAI were resting players. So not a first XV
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:FYI
Aye but RBAI were resting 3 players. So not a first XV
Fixed.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Beattiespastie wrote:( Campbell have a prop who has come in this year to boarding who i believe is from outside NI? )
Nothing unusual about a boarding school having a few foreign lads, RSA probably have a few as well and always have had.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:( Campbell have a prop who has come in this year to boarding who i believe is from outside NI? )
Nothing unusual about a boarding school having a few foreign lads, RSA probably have a few as well and always have had.
Tommy Bowe
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:It was always Rainey 1st XV v RBAI 2nd XV, confirmed on their school website :banghead:
You say that as if you expect me to care......
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

Beattiespastie wrote:5 year plan to win the schools cup is a big task but I applaud the ambition. Many factors are needed to build a cup winning squad and not all of those factors come from coaching. For instance a boarding school like Campbell ( and MCB of old ) can offer scholarships to players they identify as good prospects and the addition of such players can give a team an advantage ( Campbell have a prop who has come in this year to boarding who i believe is from outside NI? ) luck with injuries is another huge factor and who you draw in your first game is also vital. Is it Brian McGlaughlin heading up the BRA rugby set up? If so I have no doubt he will do a great job.
Hahahaha .... I can believe this from an u13/14 player but for a grown adult (assuming you are of course) to believe that boarding schools are scouting and offering scholarships is hideous! Boarding schools by nature are made up of at least 50% overseas pupils!
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:
MarcoPolo wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:5 year plan to win the schools cup is a big task but I applaud the ambition. Many factors are needed to build a cup winning squad and not all of those factors come from coaching. For instance a boarding school like Campbell ( and MCB of old ) can offer scholarships to players they identify as good prospects and the addition of such players can give a team an advantage ( Campbell have a prop who has come in this year to boarding who i believe is from outside NI? ) luck with injuries is another huge factor and who you draw in your first game is also vital. Is it Brian McGlaughlin heading up the BRA rugby set up? If so I have no doubt he will do a great job.
Hahahaha .... I can believe this from an u13/14 player but for a grown adult (assuming you are of course) to believe that boarding schools are scouting and offering scholarships is hideous! Boarding schools by nature are made up of at least 50% overseas pupils!
I agree...I mean how lucky are Campbell that a 17st prop from Australia decided to board with them >yahoo
It"s well known that Scottish schools offer significant incentives for overseas talent to board.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Marco - wise up. Your first post and that's the best you can do? Campbell man obviously.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Beattiespastie wrote:Marco - wise up. Your first post and that's the best you can do? Campbell man obviously.
Says the grown man with 50% of his posts in the children's department... :roll:
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Why then do you have a Schools rugby section Snipe? Over the years i have had a vested interest In schools rugby through my son and I have been able to watch young lads coming through into the Ulster set up and that's been great. Frankly I don't post much and Schools rugby happens to interest me and I don't see the problem with the vast percentage of my posts being on that subject?