Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Ocean87
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by Ocean87 »

I think to label the inst fans as a disgrace is harsh. I did hear that there was some misbehaviour. However, is it not a case of the minority ruining it for a majority?

From watching many many finals over the years, how do you police uni students/past pupils from a school perspective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

BR wrote:
cheese wrote:How did the linesman not see what Inst player did the deliberate knockdown at the end. It was right in front of him and the guy ended up lying on the ball. Wallace looked certain for a try.
He did see it. He called it and the ref gave the peno. The problem was he did not get a number, so no card could be issued.
I think the ref said that if he knew the identity of player who had deliberately knocked on the ball, then the player would have been yellow carded. In such situations where a ref cannot identify the offender, does the ref not have the option of ''carding'' the captain of the team and thus reducing the offending team to 14 players as would have been the case if the ''miscreant'' had been identified ?
To my mind, being able to play on with a full team ONLY because the ref cannot identity the offending player is contrary to the spirit of the game and an affront to natural justice....but then so many things are!!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

If you call a couple of hundred a minority then you're right, maybe Fit should send the Ulster Rugby values to RBAI.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

There could be an argument (especially in a schools' match) to simply ask the offender to identify himself.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Ocean87
Novice

Post by Ocean87 »

scrum5 wrote:If you call a couple of hundred a minority then you're right, maybe Fit should send the Ulster Rugby values to RBAI.
A couple of hundred too many. Correct.

A couple of hundred in a crowd of thousands does a dis service to the hundreds who behaved.

breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Now the schools cup is over im sure plenty of decisions will have to be made as to what players will make the academy

Rob Lyttle is the obvious stand out player out of this years crop. Inst 6, 8 and 13 were also impressive. Wallace had a few decent players, their front row impressed for the most all season, as did their 8
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Why the only players who should make the academy are those who may develop into professional rugby players .

Every year it's the same wise up to the fact that players can look good at school level because they are more mature than the the opposition and size and maturity can make the ordinary look good .

The fact is if you get one or two players a year who make it to professional standard your winning .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Robert Lyttle is head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion . I have watched Paddy Jackson, Michael Allen, Niall Annett, Macklin etc all at school level and Lyttle has the same maturity well ahead of his years and stands a good chance of going all the way. The Wallace 9 is a great young player as well and Campbell have a good 8 . Ballymena have a great young 2 but I believe he's only 5th year. It's good to see depth and potential in this year's crop.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Beattiespastie wrote:Robert Lyttle is head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion . I have watched Paddy Jackson, Michael Allen, Niall Annett, Macklin etc all at school level and Lyttle has the same maturity well ahead of his years and stands a good chance of going all the way. The Wallace 9 is a great young player as well and Campbell have a good 8 . Ballymena have a great young 2 but I believe he's only 5th year. It's good to see depth and potential in this year's crop.
So you're his dad/uncle/casual admirer?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

His teacher.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Apparently!;-)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Watched Andy Ward's young lad (he of the emergency dash from Ravers in '98) playing for Down High in the subsidiary competition the day. Big lad for a 5th year. Made a lot of ground with the ball but got turned over a few times at the breakdown.

Entertaining enough game. Ballymena won 20-10. Very well behaved spectators on both sides throughout
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Watched Andy Ward's young lad (he of the emergency dash from Ravers in '98) playing for Down High in the subsidiary competition the day. Big lad for a 5th year. Made a lot of ground with the ball but got turned over a few times at the breakdown.

Entertaining enough game. Ballymena won 20-10. Very well behaved spectators on both sides throughout
I hope when the supporters shouted 'come on Down!' you said 'the price is right!'. Did the supporters behave?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Watched Andy Ward's young lad (he of the emergency dash from Ravers in '98) playing for Down High in the subsidiary competition the day. Big lad for a 5th year. Made a lot of ground with the ball but got turned over a few times at the breakdown.

I hope when the supporters shouted 'come on Down!' you said 'the price is right!'. Did the supporters behave?
Up Down! is the tradtional cry. >EW

Both sets were very well behaved. Impeccable during the kicks which is usually a stretch for some of the young 'uns at these games.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:

Up Down! is the tradtional cry. >EW

Both sets were very well behaved. Impeccable during the kicks which is usually a stretch for some of the young 'uns at these games.
Country versus entitled city folk