Greg Inglis moving to European Rugby?

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

lw7
Novice

Re: Greg Inglis moving to European Rugby?

Post by lw7 »

It's been announced in the last 24 hours that Jason Taumalolo has signed a 10 YEAR 10 Million Dollar extension contract with the Cows. Longest ever contract in the Rugby world?
Jason was coveted by NZRU for a cross code move to union as a teenager but declined their advances and decided to remain in League.
He's so much more than a straight power runner. He has neat footwork and acceleration hitting the line as a second or third receiver off Thurston / Morgan in set plays for the Cowboys.
This contract is the reward for consistent high output performances over the last two years.
Would have had the makings of a great union three quarter.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Remember Christian Welch the Aussie Storm player who spent a day with UR last October.
This past weekend in a freak accident against the Dragons He fell over in back play with no one near him. His badly damaged his left knee ACL and He's out for the season.

His Storm teammate Nelson Asofa-Solomona is coming to the end of his one year extension contract signed in 2016. He has an Irish Grandfather and was a standout Schoolboy No.8 in NZ before code hopping the Tasman with Craig Bellamy.
This kid has the potential to be one of the best forwards in either code. 21 years old, 6 Ft 7 Inches, 115 Kgs with a fast legged athletic frame and soft paws.
In one highlight against the Dragons, Nelson carried four defenders the best part of 10 metres and managed to offload in the same tackle to create the space for the second Addo Carr try.
He may be hooking up with Chris Boyd and Hurricanes next year. Could play 4,5,6 or 8.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster curse. He shouldn't have come here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Cooper Cronk.
Watched him play football with the Storm over the last 13 years and like everyone else who follows the other code, I've been in awe of his work ethic and professionalism. Ranks alongside Jonny Wilkinson for single minded dedication, preparation, determination, humbleness and an obsessive pursuit of excellence.
Brilliant role model. As a young player (who switched to Halfback in 2006) Cooper made the most of his talents, constantly improving his game, kick after kick , pass after pass.
Adjudged the World's best RL player in 2016 (Golden Boot Winner), he played his last game for the Storm in last weekend's NRL Grand Final win.

It's the end of the Holy Trinity (Slater, Cronk & Smith) in rugby league who were the Best 1, 7 & 9 combination ever to play the game.
Cooper has ruled himself out of playing Union with the Waratahs in Sydney next year. Super fit & injury free, he would have made an interesting 12 / 10 addition to their squad.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LW7, I've thought this for a long time and only my self-imposed need to show impeccable good manners has prevented me asking this before. I'll preface this with an assurance I am not trying to be mean or rude.

Why do you bother, I suspect nobody is interested in you apparently very well informed posts on SH 5 tackles & a kick? You write well and I'm sure you are accurate but does the lack of response/interest shown never bother you?

Just asking you understand.

Personally, I loathe 5 tackles & a kick, admittedly marginally less so than 77777777777.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh dear, I see that my senility is kicking in, I have previously been less than kind. Terribly sorry old boy. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

I don't mind being a rugby ecumenic Baggy.
The RLWC Tonga - Kiwi match in the next few hours will set a marker as to whether this vaunted (& bolstered) Tongan team can make it all the way to the Finale. I wouldn't be surprised.
The three big line breaking hitters in their pack - Taumalolo, Taukeiaho and Andrew Fifita have different builds and their skillsets complement each other beautifully.
The Kiwis are a high energy , fast play the ball, quick line speed, 80 min team. Their more experienced half backs should have the edge in executing final plays and kick chases.
I hope it can match the Tonga-Samoa game last week for skill & intensity.

In every generation RL produces a few extremely talented Freakish players.
Andrew Fifita has a 17 year old cousin @ Keebra Park School - David Fifita (currently 189cm/110Kgs).
The commentor Andrew Voss says Fifita is the best Schoolboy forward he has seen in the last 20 years. This kid is the complete package for his age, apparently. He is the biggest talent ever to come out of Keebra according to my friend (who teaches at the school).
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rugby League world cup is so uncompetitive it's a joke of a competition

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999