USB data cable or bluetooth dongle.

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

USB data cable or bluetooth dongle.

Post by browner »

Trying do get a ringtone that i have downloaded to my pc, onto my mobile which is bluetooth capable............which of the above would be best/easiest to carry out this job.

I'll probably only use it this once and both are similar in price.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: USB data cable or bluetooth dongle.

Post by fermain »

was the mobile not supplied with a data cable?

if not, I'd use one rather than a bluetooth dongle. Nothing to set up.
The phone would be accessible just like a memory stick.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I recently bought a mobile for the use of friends from abroad while here.

There was NO data cable included.

Have I been done? I paid £13.99 and only got the phone, simm card, charger and a £10 voucher for free calls with £1 added when I registered the voucher.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Easiest is likely to be data cable as bluetooth can sometimes be a hassle to configure on a PC (I spent an hour yesterday trying to get bluetooth working on my work PC only to discover there is a hidden and undocumented wireless switch that turns it on and off... feckin' HP..)

Having said that, I've got a spare D-Link Bluetooth dongle + software that I don't use anymore as current computer has bluetooth built in and am happy to give it away.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:Trying do get a ringtone that i have downloaded to my pc, onto my mobile which is bluetooth capable............which of the above would be best/easiest to carry out this job.

I'll probably only use it this once and both are similar in price.
What about getting someone with a connection cable to put the ringtone onto their phone then bluetooth it to you.
Seems to be various different protocols for PC bluetooth so it can be a nightmare to connect anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just thinking browner, I have a Nokia and the cable that connects my camera or a card reader is the same size as the Nokia connection, check you don't already have a cable that fits.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Looks like a data cable then................thanks for your kind offer Mike but the dongle business sounds to complicated for the likes of me but thanks anyway.

My phone is a hand me down from my daughter, will have to check if it came with a cable.

Cheers for all the replies..............i'll get there in the end. :?

Cables..................you were tuck on. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.