IE7 help needed

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

IE7 help needed

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Tried to connect to Goodie's link re Pat Kenny only to be told either My Macrovision Flash player was out of date or Javascript no switched on. Updated Flash player but same result. Anyone know how to turn on Javascript in IE7?
Mum :cry:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Should be in "Tools" "Internet options" "Advanced" somewhere and tick the box. :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Thanks Rooster. I'll give that a rattle when I get home this evening.
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Anyone out there having problems of no acces to websites and problems downloading through IE7 :?
I use Firefox for everything except have to use IE for online banking with Ulster Bank, problem is can't download transaction files using IE7, anyone else using it for this purpose :?:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

Apparently a lot of problems with IE7 Rooster, particularly where online banking transaction pages have been written with IE6 in mind, some bugs need fixing which will probably come in another service pack!!

Some interesting comments here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=500753
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Total bugger as it blocks the active X component , asks if you trust the site and then when you click to download file promptly logs you out of the system, then for some reason if you log in again may let you go ahead or may do the same again. Bank says it works for some and not others, but they are working on it.
And it was a real nightmare to uninstall :evil: not as simple as some would have you believe.
I have another web based data tranfer programme that works well for one part but not for others, looks like they did not test it very well as usual and will leave the other web designers to patch up the mess they have left.
Rory Best
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

looks like they did not test it very well as usual and will leave the other web designers to patch up the mess they have left.
:) :) It's Microsoft Rooster!!!!

Think it would be great to work for MSft, here's this new cup I have designed, it keeps coffee hot and cold drinks cool, it doesn't have a handle and has one or two holes in the bottom, but sure the users will figure that out for themselves and put their own handle on it, then block up the holes!!

If not we'll send out a couple of bungs, not quite the right size, but it'll stop some coffee from getting out, still it's a great idea isn't it................
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...