WEB SITE NOT SECURE

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

WEB SITE NOT SECURE

Post by Kofi Annan »

Admins, when I sign it I get the above and warned I may have details collected by a third person, is this site secure or has it been attacked by Slogans security services? Genuine concern.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: WEB SITE NOT SECURE

Post by Cockatrice »

the same thing has happened to me a couple of times.... any update from the MODS?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I have never encountered this. What Browser are you using?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pwrmoore wrote:I have never encountered this. What Browser are you using?
using my own browser ?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Kofi Annan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:I have never encountered this. What Browser are you using?
using my own browser ?
That's pretty unusual. I mostly use explorer or Chrome. Maybe you ought to use a more commercial browser or consider adding some security features into your own. You could be on to a winner.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There was a thing with security certificates for a while with a lot of websites but thought that had cleared up, it was to do with your login details going to site but unless you do that you can't log on.
It's a bit like all this data protection emails at the minute and by the way those are worth watching or just deleting as a lot are fake ones
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah but apparently Gibbes is away to LaRochelle ffs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Is Logie's job still secure....

I was using Safari and it came up in red writing on several occasions..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Since about the time this thread was started when I click on UAFC in my Favourites list up comes a page headed
"There is a problem with this Websites security certificate" and then I go and click on the bit that says
"Continue to this website(not recommended".

Anyone else get this?
Should I just delete UAFC as a Favourite and then re-establish it as a new Favourite?

Ponder.
ps I know who I blame :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I contacted the mods recently for reassurance after I updated my Malwarebytes software and now nearly every time I come onto this site or even change pages within it, I get a warning that Malwarebytes has prevented access to a web page because of the presence of a trojan. I doesn't stop me accessing the pages I want to see on UAFC, but apparently only pages linked to this site that I don't want to go to anyway. I.e. functionality of the site is unaffected.

To cut a long story short, I have been reassured that I have nothing to worry about. Given that Malwarebytes has already addressed any potential issues, I'm happy enough anyway.

Tis wonderful the workings of a wheelbarrow.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I contacted the mods recently for reassurance after I updated my Malwarebytes software and now nearly every time I come onto this site or even change pages within it, I get a warning that Malwarebytes has prevented access to a web page because of the presence of a trojan. I doesn't stop me accessing the pages I want to see on UAFC, but apparently only pages linked to this site that I don't want to go to anyway. I.e. functionality of the site is unaffected.

To cut a long story short, I have been reassured that I have nothing to worry about. Given that Malwarebytes has already addressed any potential issues, I'm happy enough anyway.

Tis wonderful the workings of a wheelbarrow.
I downloaded an entire page after you mentioned it Grumps and scanned it for virus etc and nothing was found.
The full pc webpage depends on you starting out sending a login and password over a non encrypted connection when you log on and that is causing some people to panic but it is safe enough and pretty normal warning, only the decent firewalls will actually pick up the potential for someone catching up with you.
It was once described to me by an IT expert as every computer in a government office in UK trying to grab your user name and password at the same time, networks of hackers etc have managed to nab some celebrity passwords in the past but it takes a serious effort that no group would bother with to read the crap posted on here in private messages, well that assumes similar crap to what is in posts ImageImageImage
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Aye, but I get the same message when I come in here without logging in! :duck:

No username or password sent at all. :lol:

It's the only website I go to regularly where I get this message ... but as I said, I'm not that bothered, just thought I would mention here in case anyone else had experienced similar.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right