more than one username?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

uafcadmin
Novice

more than one username?

Post by uafcadmin »

Sadly, there has been a number of users registering more than once to try to hide their 'identities' on the board. While often a normal practice on messageboards like these, as people try to back up their own arguements and/or create divisions between others using a mixture of slyness or subterfuge, I can't help thinking that new users and members tend to be put off by the pettiness displayed by this attitude to the rest.

If anyone, has to have more than one username for whatever reason, please do not use them as alternate ways to make the same point, or argument, or pretend to be someone else. In the past, users have been banned for trying this, and will be again. This ban will be a permanent ban, and based on an i.p. address , not the username/email, as they can easily be falsified.

Figures now show 300 users on this board, a milestone for what this kind of board is all about. Unfortunaely, this achiement is undermined by the few who have replicated their presence on the mb with additional aliases. Serial encroachment of username rights will no longer be tolerated.
"Remember lads, there's no retreat. No more talk now. Just make peace with yourselves." :red:
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

Slight over reaction?
So what if certain muppets want to stir the proverbial sh1t!
Let silly boys be silly boys.
Paddy X
Warrior

Post by Paddy X »

what if someone is actually 2 people at the same time and they dont know so they are both registerd on here even though they're 1 person? :?

Have a go at the PRO League - http://www.theproleague.co.uk
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

top stuff fermain :wink: i agree wholeheartedly :shock:

although as paddy has alluded to it might be discrimatory towards schizophrenics (of which there are a lot who tred these hallowed boards) :roll: :dwarf:

you'll all be glad to know... that there always has... is... and always will be only one 'jamesie' :cowboy:
Paddy X
Warrior

Post by Paddy X »

yes there is only one jamesie and that same jamesie will always do bad in the PRO League :lol:

Have a go at the PRO League - http://www.theproleague.co.uk
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

hrrrrrrmph... :oops: :oops: :oops:

here ya wee horlix!!! 3rd out of 40 odd ain't bad :? anyways i'm batein you!!! :twisted:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

errr that means potentially one person being banned and 6 vanishing at the same time :shock:
There's only one of me as well :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Touch Down
Novice

Post by Touch Down »

Storm in a tea cup! :roll:
Ulster for the League!
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

I used to be paranoid, now im not so sure
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Two heads are better than one
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I think am in two minds about this. I mean, he may have a point, but then again maybe not. I suppose it all depends who you think you are at the time. Anyway it doesn't really matter who other people think you are, does it?

What say you Grumps - after all there's more sharp sides to you than a Swiss Army knife!

tok

PS, Baldbirdy, is it not "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure." and "I used to be paranoid until I realised everyone was out to get me"?

It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

We're schizophenic so don't talk to us

you know what he means do you and you ??

Basically its the possiblity of intellectual bullying of one poster by another using multiple identities which could in certain circumstances, given the range of ages of posters, be very dangerous.
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

the original kimble wrote:What say you Grumps - after all there's more sharp sides to you than a Swiss Army knife!

Not so much "sharp sides" as an extra spoon for stirring :stir:

Besides, all my personalities have distinct ........... personalities. They can't agree on anything, let alone post on similar topics to back one another up.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would just like to say that I also post under

thelowerthebetter
FGAU
Rosetta
Bigfatandugly
AWUF
redhandhero
YM
Tightheadprod
BYO

and that as far as I am aware I have never knowingly spoken to myself at anytime.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

you just posted under me there, but now I've posted under you!